Sunday, June 17, 2007

loving this hat! and Thanksgiving shopping novel!


seriously loving this hat! I am so wishing it didn't cost $120 I would totally own it for the day after thanksgiving shopping marathon! WE ( my sisters, cousin, friends, and mom ) get up at the BUTT-CRACK of DAWN to go shopping ! We camp out , or line up as early as 3:00am and wait in line at Walmart or Target ! We don't go the wussy route either( to a 24 hour walmart), we go to the Ghetto Walmart or the one on the reservation so it actually closes, then reopens at 5 am.We are there just as much for the rush and running as we are for the deals! WE hit one store, the one with the best deals and the earliest opening time, and wait then rush through the store grabbing all we have on our list, check out and leave in 12 minutes or less, then drive to the next store! get all we need there and move on, we normally hit 6-7 stores by 8am! There are rules, we don't go to the mall for opening specials, we don't piddle around, and no shopping for clothes unless you are super fast, the clothes will be there later, other stuff won't be. a few years ago, we started going to breakfast , after we hit the bulk of the "good stores" aka, walmart, target, mervyns, toys R us, ulta, best buy, (My sister thinks Joann fabrics is worth going to before 9), and sports authority, or big 5 ! then after breakfast, we hit the mall or go back for clothes shopping. Love the day after thanksgiving, it is my favorite day of the year! It is the one time a year i run! WE normally all ride in my van ( loving the 15 passenger capability) ! but sometimes we need more room for the stuff, if we get lots of bikes or something. I always offer red bulls, and one year we sat outside target at 3 am the first people in line, having a Costco pecan pie! we brought chairs , and blankets and waited! WE have brought shopping on Black Friday to an art form! My cousin has flown in from Cleavland, Las Vegas and Utah to come with us, we have had newborns, and new moms , I went the week after Peyton was born! my sister went 3 days postpartum! my friend went 3 days after her baby was born and brought her newborn with us, because her husband had to work! I went 8 and a half months pregnant! that was the year there was fights in the Walmart, and everyone heard a pregnant lady went down and was worried about me, I was in the toy section, with 15 cabbage patch dolls! and the above mentioned cousin, ran though walmart , leaped over a fallen stack of items, and all while 6 months prego. LEGENDARY!

I go shopping on thanksgiving day too to Kmart, and Big lots! it is a tradition! Lance originally thought thanksgiving is like the sabbath and you shouldn't make people work, thankfully he has let that go, and i have been going for 5 or six years on thanksgiving day! I have been the first person in line at Kmart, for something as lame as Polly Pockets! Big lots gives free things to the first 100 people in the store! some times I just go for the free thing, it is next door to Kmart and when I'm already done shopping in 10 minutes, i feel compelled to run and stand in another line! You ALL know how i love free things! one year it was a plastic wall clock with a big lots logo on it! can you say "WHITE ELEPHANT!" and i always get home before 9am to get the kids ready and food cooked.

Anyway Last year i instituted my own new tradition of getting an outrageous hat to wear on the big days! last year it was a leopard print fuzzy number, that was rather unflattering, but i was warm, warm, warm! (this is where you remember that you loose some % of body heat through your head!) I used to be a foxy looking hat wearer but this particular hair style doesn't make for the most flattering look! but just imagine me, in this hat (see fuschia mohawk above) running through the store cackling, and grabbing cartloads of cabbage patch dolls, and game boy games and driving fast through early morning streets , to get bargains just for the fun of it! well actually i do get the majority of my Christmas shopping done this one weekend every year! but yeah i am feeling this hat! i even think it is worth saving up for! or hunting down the pattern and finagling my sister into knitting me one! and wouldn't my baby be freaking cute, sporting this fantastic number? in of course manly boy colors! well now you know to what extent we go, to shop on black Friday! and if i get the hat, there will be event pictures for the first time ever!
I Am SO totally DIGGIN' this hat! and Lance just informed me he thinks it is the stupidest, ugliest hat he has ever seen! What do you think?

6 comments:

onehm said...

I saw this on another blog tonight and thought it was so crazy...of course the crazymama would look AWESOME in it! I can't believe your dedication to the retail craziness of DAT. I am totally impressed...
And I would love to take pics of Joy. We'll talk tomorrow to set up a time!

tammy said...

Love'n it! When I lived in UT, my Mom, sister and I usd to drive to Barstow, CA every year to go to the huge outlet mall there for a shopping spree. I miss that! Now it's too easy for me to find my bargains on-line and shop and click.

Webb Family said...

I think it's pretty wild and crazy and sounds like it would fit in perfect with black Sunday. That sounds like so much fun!!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

You could totally rock that hat. I just saw your sister at swimming lessons and Tracey Kelley. She is apparently helping Jennifer. I think it is great that you go shopping like that for Cmas, you are pretty much done in a few hours.

ZB said...

I couldn't pull of a look in this hat...but I'm pretty sure that you could. It's the crazy moments in life we remember.

Sharlesa said...

Make your own! Then you'll have one you can wear! I expect to see it this Thanksgiving!!!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............