Monday, August 13, 2007

Today................................ my freedom tales!

i never made it to the ribbon store. I wasted my freedom on blogging. who knew that was gonna happen? oh yeah, i think i said something about that yesterday.

and no i did not nap.


but i did go to lunch with the girls today!


Lance honed in on my new found freedom and requested i get the office ready for him to inhabit. and while i had every intention of getting on that almost immediately, i am kind of put off by the request! which sort of makes me feel crappy, but come on! one day is all i ask with out a request! i mean one week! is all i ask for, to bask in the wonder of my freedom. but alas the office space must be ready to accommodate him, and perhaps a coworker setting it up within the week. and getting it ready was already on the top of my list, so cleaning it isn't the issue it is the request/reminder to get on it, that bugs me.

so i may be absent from my delightful blog. while i man up the craft room/home office. and i have the sick sinking feeling i may loose my craft room all together. because I'm sure it will be hard to maintain a craft room while he is working from home in it. crapping it all up with his mess. and then what will i do? not like i craft during the day but i am afraid my storage of all things crafty will have to be reallocated to adjust to the rooms new purpose! thus causing a shift in the balance of the craft storage space. and eventually moving it out all together.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this made me think up a song................ (sung to What do you do in the summer time -primary song book)

oh what do you do with the scho0-0ol time , when all of your kiddos are gone?
do you drink sonic Lime ade?
do you nap all the day?
do clean all morn-ning loooooooong?
oh what do you doooooooo? i think I bloGGGGGGGG!

OH what do you do with your schooool time when all the kids are gone?
do you tan in the sun?
do you take a long run?
do you shop from 9 to 1?
is that what you dooooooo?
that sounds so fuuuuuuuunnnn!



so what are your plans for all your freedom? or little freedom ? like, you know , going from 5 kids to 3 all day is big! what are you doing? or from 4 down to 2 , or just one going to school? part day? every little bit helps!

big plans? small plans, no plans?
please share!




and thanks to everyone making my day with the sweet ,sweet, make me feel great compliments, about my kids being cute! makes the 3 am hair bow making , all worth it , just for your kind words! and makes me feel like i am one of those moms that CAN handle the nuttiness of 6 kids 8 and under! (((HUGS))) to all!

or at least appear to "handle" all of them and not look nasty every minute of everyday!
becuase you know there are families that are impressive and seem to handle it and those that aren't and don't appear to "have it together." I strive for the former. even if i can't "hack it"! i like to look like i can! at least sometimes ! so thanks for making me think i fooled you!

11 comments:

tammy said...

Love the song! So funny! I'm glad you Mesa people are finally catching up to me with the kids in school and the so-called free time!

Joni said...

Yeah your kids are so cute! And I looooove the song! You should submit that version to the Friend.
:)

Jen said...

Jules you are so funny! I was totally entertained this whole post! Good luck with the office. I have planned on trying to clean my house (really clean) one room at a time, oh and get back into schooling stuff. And don't forget lotsa lunches with the girls!

smithfam said...

You are too funny. cute song! 3 am bow making???? I guess that is right up there with 2 am tabloid reading:)
People are always saying that i dont look like I have 6 kids. I want to say "why, because I did my hair or have makeup on? I guess when you have alot of kids you are suppose to roll out of bed, and put on your sweats eh? Although somedays I would love to do that!

Webb Family said...

I loved your song!!! I so wish I had free time. The twins get tested on Wednesday- wish them luck or me luck!!! I could really use that 2 1/2 hour break, they won't go tell Dec.
Paige and I are always talking about faking it, a little powder, lipstick & sunglasses! And, if no time to get dressed grab tennis shoes & it looks like you just came from the gym!! hee, hee!!!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

your song is awesome. you are so fabulous!! love you tons.

Micah and Jen said...

Wow girl! You really are amazing! I haven't been blogging really today....another sick kid and lots to get done around here, but wow....you have blogged the whole day! I don't know how you did it! Love all the pictures....so great to see so many on here in one day. Glad it was a good one for you....and nope, you don't have me fooled--I know you are amazing and really do have it all together! :)

Holly said...

The song is really cute. The first day of school is always so nice - I always try to make plans but then I end up just hanging out at home. Maybe this year I'll break the trend!

Good luck with your craft room, hold your ground!!!

Brandi said...

Wow, you're good!! That song was perfect & hilarious!! You crack me up girl!! :0) LOL

Jamie said...

Your kids looked so adorable !!! Funny, funny song. My dad used to do that all the time.I do not get much of a break because I only have 1 and 1/2 leaving. But when I do go to lunch w/ my sister it will be easier. Only 3 in tow after Sep 6th.

SHERI said...

Cute song!
Sometimes I feel the same way about the requests our husbands make of us- its not the task- its how they ask that bugs me.

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............