Tuesday, August 14, 2007

tuesday! all the things i did today

1. today i got 5 kids off to school dressed and fed. with their hair done. actually lance helped feed and dropped them off, since it took too long to do hair for them to walk. some people are still adjusting to the schedule, late nights make for hard mornings for all of us!

2. i got dressed and i have to say, i observed something new......i recently bought two shirts , same style, but one blue one black! the black one is flattering and slimming and freaking cute! the blue one, while the same shirt, was not cute. unflattering and made me feel like i was ill. Oh so lame! ! black is my fave color. why try other colors? i should just have bought two black shirts . bummer. i guess that is what i get for trying something new!

3. got Pierce dressed and we headed out the door.

4. went to the bank, attempted to hit Walgreen's drive-though but they were painting the parking lot so i kept going.

5. for the first time ever-I took Pierce out of his seat, out of the car and into QT for a beverage! So not worth the effort! next time I'm hitting sonic, even if it is a buck more and out of my way!

6. Went to pick up ultrasound films from my last lymph node survey, the Dr. returned them to the imaging place, and they don't store them, they chuck them. and since i had already called and wanted copies of my films for my records, last week they called and i remembered to pick them up today! in north Scottsdale! i traveled light with just Pierce.

7. I hit Marshall's in Scottsdale with my extra half hour. before i had to hurry to get Hope off the bus. and i found some cute Ralph Lauren comforters for the little girls for $18 each. i haven't gotten in trouble for that yet, since i haven't told lance yet. they are probably going back but i hated to miss my chance. and what if he said i could have them? i am driving all the way out there and they might be gone. better to buy and return later , than regret missing out on the deal. or wasting gass going back out there for it and it being gone!

8. rushed home got Hope off the bus , hit rufflers roost. and bought some ribbon to match Liberty's school clothes that are all different colors than I have in my ribbon stock pile.

9. Hit target and bought lunch sacks, a shower curtain liner and some shirts on clearance for Hope and pierce. the ultimate tees are $3.48 now. I like basics. and the girls shirts have a puffed sleeve which i think is a must! makes it cute! i was at the gilbert and southern target , in case you like a bargain and like those shirts.

10. i hit smart and final and got school lunch stuff! that stuff flies out of here. 4 at a time. crazy!

11. I had just enough time to go to sonic happy hour for a much deserved beverage!

12. i helped everyone with homework. holy spelling words. Higley didn't seem to bother with that. this year everyone has them. good times! and everyone has homework worksheets. and these student planners. effort for me. Peyton is doing tomorrows homework today. it is the back of todays homework. i figured, get it over with if it is here. when he had packets to do , i made him do the whole thing before she could play video games or computer time. it eliminated the fighting. and i didn't care if he ever did it but he couldn't play until he did. so he always got it done first thing on Monday afternoon.

15 comments:

Katie said...

WOW!!! You did a ton! Much more productive than my day. And you were really really close to my house!

I want to see the cute comforters!

onehm said...

YO! What a great day! You got so much done...Bravo!
And I have to say AMEN to the homework situation...
Whole bunches of work for the Mama's!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

wow, you are starting the day out right! Tomorrow you can work on the office. I know it's not that fun but once it's done it feels so great!

tammy said...

I agree with your reasoning on the comforters, and I hope you get to keep them. You'll have to take pics, I want to see, too. Doesn't it feel so good to get so much accomplished? You got a ton done! I wish they would put a Smart & Final farther east, but that new Walmart is done by your old place. Loved that today! So clean and new uncrowded and friendly workers! That was my day.

Jamie said...

Wow crazy busy day!!! Good deal on the comforters. Hope they stay.

Anonymous said...

Great job on your day, and I am loving your new look!

Brandi said...

Way to go Jules!! You accomplished a whole lot more than me!! I guess life gets more hectic when you have more than one kid.. Ehh??!! :0)

blah, blah by lindsey said...

way to go!! 2 very productive days in a row.

Unknown said...

So sounds like you had a busy day.. :) it's crazy how easy one kid is when you are used to all of them. :) One kid becomes a piece of cake..

Jen said...

You got a TON done! I do the same things, I would rather buy them then and return than come back and them be gone. I hope you get to keep them, totally good deal on them! We need pics!

Joni said...

I think I would fall over dead after a day like that! I only get two girls hair ready and that is plenty for me! Sounds like you deserve a night off!

Webb Family said...

You are making the most out of your 1 baby mornings!! And, that is a great deal on the comforters.
And, no spelling words what's up with Higley schools!? I'm so happy we are in Gilbert schools.

Paige said...

you got so much done...i'm so proud of you! i don't know how you do it i only have one to get off to school!

Frolicking Night Owl said...

I miss Sonic!
Becky

Melanie and Will said...

Wow, You rock!!!! Holy busy day!!!! And no room for a nap after all that?!?? I for sure would have needed a nap! I wish I was productive as you every day! I would feel so accomplished.

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............