Monday, February 4, 2008

Rainy days and silver linings

Pantry pictures! ooohh la la! yeah . i didn't quite get around to finishing re arranging it. i always make it into a bigger project than is necessary. so i never end up finishing.

whatever.

so here we are.

the shelves are not high enough for 2 stacked which bums me out we needed these when we redid the pantry shelves last summer. but i can stack boxes sideways. and mega cans i don't want in the rotators. since there are only a few. see i didn't make it to the top shelf but how do you organize that crap? some of it was misplaced with the new rotators and just needs to be moved. I'll get to is someday OR use it either way.

here is the other section, and we have the rotator thing, and i discovered this basket can hold stuff above it. so i put the stuff i don't want the kids into like frosting, and marshmallows. they can't see what is in there so hopefully they won't figure it out either.
and i have the metal bins from Kmart i got last summer. they hold fruit snacks(no boxes) seasoning packets in the smaller one. and cereal and crackers or chips in the biggest ones.


so this is it for now i need to rearrange again. when i figure out what isn't working. but i think it will be great. Lance was all excited he could find the soup he wanted so easily today. and the bins have worked great since last June , every once in a while i have to dump them out and get spare crackers out of the bottom and re sort what the kids didn't put in the right bin but it is pretty fab.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
on to the contest? yes that post is just for the contestants and we have a great start for the first day! commenting goes through Friday. and I'll announce the winner this weekend or Monday.
so be sure to go here and comment all you can handle . i totally had to GOL(giggle out loud) about some of the comments. that is the best part. and yes i am reading them all. it is extra fun to scroll down and look at all the avatar pictures . that was my fave part about ZB's pay it forward contest. seeing my avatar a bunch of times. whoohoo!

so this is the place to comment on the contest. you won't be sorry!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

yup! and today we had the coldest rainy day i think all year. and i was freezing. and it was a crappy day i have to say. Liberty was determined she didn't feel well. but has no symptoms. she went to the nurses office twice so they let her come home. LAME. so when she realized it wasn't going to be fun at home like no TV or Computer, and only chores or a nap , so she started screaming like a lunatic. yeah fabulous. and threatening to run away. good times. i was pretty livid myself at her behavior. anyway that sucked. good thing Lance was home to calm her down.
then it was time to get the others from school, i am hating picking these people up from school. but i get in the car. and make liberty come so she can fetch Joy from her class like every day since the others didn't know that she came home mid day. so i drop liberty off by kindergarten drop off , at the cross walk and the crossing guard is yelling at me i can't park there. i just wanted to ditch liberty to go get Joy and she had people waiting to cross the freaking street. anyway i circled around got the kids.

then we headed to the gas station.
where i proceeded to fall on my A$$. yeah i slipped on the wet pavement, and landed flat on my back. go ahead and laugh Lindsey, i know you like that. so i get up pump my freaking gas. and realize my finger is bleeding. so i whip out my trusty band aid. and finish. and get home pissed i had to go out in the rain, that liberty essentially faked sick. and then threw a fit and that i had to go fetch the kids and then get gas too.
yeah so i took a hot shower, and took a nap.
it was rad.
freaking rad day.
so I'm a little sore. and my back was out in the middle which never happens , that is totally rad. and I'm cruising a headache from hitting my head on the van door.
and my elbow is stiff and sore.
freaking fantastic day!

but my contest is going well, and i got a bunch of good laughs at the contest comments.
so that is my silver lining.


i am not a fan of cold rain.
i prefer my rainy days to be warm. and still sunny.







25 comments:

crystal said...

Your pantry is giving me hives.

The"I'm-inadequate-and-disorganized-
and-it'll-take-forever-to-have-my-pantry-look-like-that" kind of hives.

blah, blah by lindsey said...

love the pantry!

sorry i did start laughing before i even read that you put my name in. at least you weren't on the phone with me, then i would have made you feel really bad. i hope you are ok..seriously.

its a good thing we don't live somewhere that gets really cold..i know i would never survive ;) see ya tomorrow

Andrea said...

Your pantry looks awesome!! Love those can organizers!! Woohoo!!

I know - today's weather totally sucked! I was up really late, so after I took the kids to school, I went back to bed for a while & Ben played video games. We pretty much just bummed it today. I'm still in my boring sweat pants & sweatshirt that I threw on to take the kids to school this morning. Never really got dressed. I guess I have to get dressed for real tomorrow and actually get something done around here.

Congrats on the millions of comments for your contest already!!

Are You Serious! said...

THat sucks that you have a crappy day but hey you have some wicked food storage going on! ♥

andrea said...

Those pantry organizers are something I must have...I wonder if they have them at our Costco up here in Utah...I was totally sold on them when I saw that they adjust to size, like for the short cans!!! Awesome.

I'm so sorry that you slipped and fell. That stinks and I hope you are okay.

But just think. The rain will go away, it will warm up, and dry up. My almost 4 foot pile of snow in my yard might be here until May...

michelle said...

I am headed to Costco this morning! I hope that they stil have those can organizers. Your pantry looks great!

I am so sorry about you falling at the gas station! I hope that your feeling better today. :)

tammy said...

The worst part about yesterday's rain was that I had just washed my car on Friday. And I'm talking hand washed, not wait in line and drive it through. But I should be glad I didn't pay for it right?

Sorry about your crappy day, and that you fell - ouch! Your pantry is looking fabulous!

kay said...

i'm loving the pantry!

and i hate that you slipped. i always feel like just a looser when that happens. like it's something i do all the time. yep it's me the falling down girl. poop. sorry

Jamie said...

The pantry is fabulous!! Sorry about hte rainy day accident. These things are not really funny till much later1

AutoSysGene said...

Your pantry looks great. I sure hope your feeling a bit better today. Falling is NO fun!

janna said...

Love the new look and the pantry is awesome too.

I'd trade you the weather...
Yesterday it snowed 6"

donna said...

Your pantry look great!!!!! I have the same can organizers!. They are the best :)!

donna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KayDee said...

I like your pantry! My husband is sending me to costco to get some of the organizers.

I am really sorry about your fall! I hope you are feeling better!

StrykerLOVE said...

I am going to copy some ideas from your pantry - esp the metal containers to hold fruit snacks etc. what a plague all those 1/2 empty boxes are .... love love the new header!!!

Micah and Jen said...

The pantry looks AWESOME! I am super jealous....since I don't even have a pantry as of yet, but when I do....I want it to be just like yours! Sorry about your rainy day....but hey, at least you aren't like here in IDAHO....we got 8 inches of snow this weekend and had snow days on both Friday and yesterday....which meant NO school for the kiddos---oh, lukcy mommies!

Laurie said...

Your pantry looks RAD! I love the organization.

Unknown said...

First of all...great job on the pantry! I need some of those....what a great idea!

And yeah it has been a little too cold for me! I have a tough time keeping warm tOo!

Ans sorry to hear about your accident..I wasn't laughing till I read the "go ahead and Laugh Lindsey"...cause I just read on her blog that she is one to laugh when people get hurt...so yeah that had me laughing...but I hope you were not hurt too bad!

Hope the rest of your day get's better!

Shannon said...

Awesome pantry! Mine is such a mess I could never unveil it.

Sorry about the rough day. I picked a mom up off the pavement this morning at preschool. She had tears running down her face. It was really aweful! She threw her back out this morning and THEN feel on her butt. Here's hoping tomorrow is a better day!

Angela said...

Wow, I'm very impressed. I've got to get me some of those for my cans!!! Thanks for showing us!!

Courtney said...

Thanks for posting this. I have actually been looking for these can rotators (it's a pain to have to pull all the cans out every time I buy some new ones). My friend had bought hers in SLC and I couldn't figure out where to get them. I'll check Costco this weekend!

Courtney said...

Thanks for posting this. I have actually been looking for these can rotators (it's a pain to have to pull all the cans out every time I buy some new ones). My friend had bought hers in SLC and I couldn't figure out where to get them. I'll check Costco this weekend!

Courtney said...

I forgot to add that I love your new header!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

Your kitchen looks awesome girl!! it also looks HUGE!!!! I love the shelving and the can holders. And what a great idea to use those bins! Congrats!

Paige said...

love it , i haven't got to the kitchen yet. i'm glad i saw the great new ideas.

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............