Wednesday, September 24, 2008

it's JAM-TASTIC! i got everything done! WHOOHOO!

oh wow i think i actually accomplished all i set out to do today.

THAT IS A FREAKING MIRACLE!

I normally live the half a$$ed planner life. like i make a list, and don't manage to do any of it. or maybe one measly thing. so today it's a big deal i actually did it all.

i napped until noon. yeah Lance told me to. yay me.

i made bean burrito's for lunch.

i labeled bins, and sorted more clothes in the dressing room.

i made everyone do homework, and signed off their planners. pretty funny Peyton only got a G for good in his planner today, there was a note explaining why it wasn't O for outstanding.

"Peyton pretended to correct his math paper but instead started reading his book again which is NOT WHAT I ASKED HIM TO DO! :( "

i had to lecture him, on staying on task and doing what he's supposed to be doing with the rest of the class and not reading when he isn't supposed to. and threaten him with the consequence that if he can't stay on task and not read during teaching time, he'll have to leave his book home instead of taking it to school.

Peyton's reply? "but MOM I was at a really good part in my book!"

my note back to his teacher (that was my friend before i had kids)said,

"i'm sorry he wasn't on task, we discussed it and he knows if he can't stay on task during class and continues reading when he isn't supposed to he'll have to leave his book home, and do something else during quiet reading time. let me know. his dad used to do that all through school! Stinking readers!;) "

i told Lance what happened. and he laughed and asked me what Peyton is Currently reading. "Oh yeah that is a good book!" Lance was HORRIBLE about paying attention during class, ALL THROUGH his school years. i guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Photobucket

tonight i made my Peach freezer jam. (the recipe is in the box of the pectin) the kids were super excited about having more homemade Jam for their lunches.

Joy saw Pierce and the puppy on my blog and FREAKED OUT because she missed out on puppy time while she was at school , so she called and invited my mom to come bring the puppy over.Photobucket Pierce was VERY POSSESIVE of that puppy. there was loads of drama over it tonight. UGH!


after Puppy time and Lance got home from scouts, we took the whole family to the Library tonight. (which we have never done EVER before) Everyone got to pick a book, Peyton and I got the rest of the Ender's game series. (Lance owned all of them at some point, but he loans them out and no one returns anything, So he doesn't know who has them or where they are.) Lance got the next 3 books in the Outlander series. yes he's reading that. i loaned it to him. and he is finishing it. and liked it so far. he's on the 3rd one now. Joy got Green Eggs and Ham . Liberty got Mrs. Piggle Wiggle , and Paxton got a magic treehouse book. it was 17 books total. insane. i have a feeling i will be the library book nazi, lecturing incessantly out of fear of loosing or ruining borrowed books. Thus the reason we don't maximize the public library.

everyone read on the way home.

we are book nerds. the WHOLE LOT OF US!

oh and i had the best christmas idea (actually it was the first so far this year) i am getting everyone in my house (that reads) book lights for reading in the car. stocking stuffer for sure. FABULOUS! i am always reading by the light of my cell phone in the car. since Lance won't let me have lights on while he's driving. Perfect solution!

so it was Jam-tastic! i'm feeling FABULOUS! WHOOHOO!


oh and i tried to send Peyton to scouts but it was canceled because they have day camp this weekend.

and dinner was Fab. i put it in early. it was Stouffers. i'm new to eating lasagna. consuming cheese was against my standards for years, so just a couple years ago i got over my aversion to lasagna. and will eat it sparingly on occaison. but i could NEVER make it. that would require me seeing, smelling, and touching cheese. EWW. i only eat pre-melted cheese. and only certain varieties. i know it's odd. but that's how i roll!

accomplishment feels GOOD!

post signature

22 comments:

Jen said...

HOLY CRAP! I thought I accomplished a lot today and after reading this I'm just holding my head in shame! You freakin' ROCK!

Unknown said...

We love the Library! We go weekly. We keep a cute basket on top of the entertainment center for library books/dvds. We also keep the receipt from the books in an envelope on the fridge. Then we check them off before we return them. We keep the receipts for a couple of weeks (the library has tried to charge us for books we have returned).
Natalie

Mamarazzi said...

i am totally impressed over thw whole jam thing. i have never tried doing anything like that before. the kitchen i am in now is soooo tiny that i would never dare try a project like that!

i asked Paul is he had ever eater frozen lasagna..he said stouffers is the best...i responded with, "then why the hell am i busting my butt to make it from scratch?" he said, "i guess becasue you love us...but i am not sure what my answer should be right now."

seriously?

i am going frozen...since it's "the best"!! eff that!

SuperCoolMom said...

Woohoo! Awesome job today! Great that you got to sleep in!

Jamie said...

Truly amazing!! So glad you got it all done. You are every teacers dream a family of readers. I don't take the entire family to the library, you are brave but I am for sure the book nazi when the three older ones bring them home. My kids destroy books instead of reading them, We are working on it:)

Laura said...

Wow I am impressed you got a lot done. Maybe a morning power nap is a very needed thing?

Claremont First Ward said...

Congrats on getting so much accomplished. Wow. I made peach freezer jam this year, but it turned out really runny. I used white peaches and I think they must have more liquid or something. YOur jam looks scrumptous.

Are You Serious! said...

♥ Way to go and all that jam!!! I need to try making jam someday! :)

Piper said...

It feels good to check everything off, doesn't it? Good for you!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

wow!! what an awesome day! i am super impressed!

Leslie said...

I have taken my whole family to the library too. We ended up with almost 40 books. They all had to have a bunch of books...I was stressed out about loosing them or damaging them but for the most part we did good. I did have to repair one book and they never said anything.

Way to go on the peach jam, its always so much better homemade.

Andrea said...

Mmmmm peach jam!!! Delicious!!!

You ROCK!!! {this is me bowing down to YOU!}

Holy Canoli lady! You got a LOT done! WOOHOOO!!! You are definitely the Domestic GODESS fer sure!!!

Now I need to get my crap done around here! and WOW talk about a bunch of books! hahaha

KayDee said...

WOW!! I am in awe! You got things done in one day that I have been trying to do for weeks now!

I have a box of tomatoes to can and a box of peaches to can and there they sit in the fridge! No engergy or time to do them yet! Want to come help me do peach jam?

Jenifer said...

Congratulations on the nap! You got sleep and finished all that! Way to go. I would rather read than correct math too. I have total sympathy!

AutoSysGene said...

Yummy, I want some of that jam!

ZB said...

That was all one day? Wowzers. Pretty together.

Ender's Game...that's a good one. And love the note you wrote to that teacher. Please...like you're ever gonna need math! Reading is way more important.

Jen said...

Good day!!! And yay on the jam! I had everyhting for it before Jeff told me he didn't think he would like it. And I LOVE the book light idea, we are book nerds too as you know and Corbin will LOVE that for a stocking stuffer!

Vidal's Nest said...

Once I get settled in new place if I beg and beg will you teach me how? Looks so yummy. Very domesticated! Way to go!

Amy said...

Isn't homemade jam the best? I made a bunch of it this summer. I canned mine though. I should try the freezer thing though. They look very tasty.

I love the outlander series! I still haven't read the last one though. I don't know why. Its just sooo long and I can't seem to make myself read it. Its strange I know but I do love the ones that I have read.

Webb Family said...

You are awesome!
That jam looks so good!!

carrhop said...

Firm cheese aversion...really? Wow. Now, I already knew you are one of the more amazingly individualistic unique folks on the planet--but this one thing alone may have totally tipped the scales in giving you my unequivocal vote as holder of the Miss Unique-qua title--I don't know that I've ever met someone with a Firm Cheese Phobia--that is very cool! You are very specific about this!

I knew I liked you--and you just keep giving me more reasons to like you!

Melted cheese and hugs!
Blessings!

onehm said...

WHOA. Impressive day.
:) LOVE that you made jam, you are a super fabuloso homemaker!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............