Tuesday, September 16, 2008

just a little morning Joke...

JOKE:

Q: How many Engineer's does it take to change a roll of toilet paper?






(i'm sure you can guess but read to the end for the answer)















A: NONE




it amazes me but, somehow in a household of 8 people-ONE AN ENGINEER- there is ONLY ONE PERSON who can put a roll of Toilet paper on the holder. and it isn't the ENGINEER. it's always ME!

DANG IT!


really it just amuses me that i always hope someone else would do that measely chore. i'm from the school of thought that if you use the last bit, you change the roll. if you see it's empty, you change the roll. and yet somehow i always have the hope in my heart that someone else would do the mundane chore of taking care of it. it's not like the toilet paper is hidden in some secret place (it's under the bathroom sink)

AND ACTUALLY... now that i think about it, a kid or TWO could have used the last of the roll, and not changed it. since Lance Last used the bathroom.

i just thought it was a funny way to think about having an engineer in the house. and no toilet paper on the dispenser ever.


Have a GLORIOUS TUESDAY!


post signature


15 comments:

tammy said...

I was just thinking these exact same thoughts last night, and thinking I should blog about it! But then thought I might get it trouble, because it is ALWAYS Luvpilot that leaves it empty. And he gets a new roll out and just leaves it on top of the empty one! How hard is it to put another one on?!?

sandi said...

hehe; it's a man thing. I've long ago given up hope of ever finding the toilet paper roll freshly mounted on it's retractable tube unless I myself put it there. Todd can change out entire air conditioning systems, cook a fantastic meal, even assist me in creating new life, yet the toilet paper roll is beyond his comprehension. smiles!

KayDee said...

I am LOL cause that is totally my house too! 1 engineer and two teens and no one can seem to put a new roll on except ME! Drives Me CRAZY!

Devri said...

AMEN SISTA!!!

I know you don't comment anymore, but go win my giveaway already.

Rebecca Irvine said...

That is a universal truth! What is wrong with all those men out there?

Andrea said...

I do most of the refills too! My kids have started to pick it up & do some too! Although, from time to time, I do hear one of them yelling from the closed bathroom to get some TP! LOL

SuperCoolMom said...

Too true.

Are You Serious! said...

♥ I'm the only one who changes the roll too. Or the kids are on the pot yelling "I need some toilet paper!"

Jamie said...

What the ...I agree!!!!!!

Jen said...

LOL! I need to train my boys better!

tiki_lady said...

OHHH my gosh!! too funny! I sooo am right there wit ya!

Jenn said...

hahahahahahaha- I get stuck with that too! Drives me nuts. It seems like the easiest of all things to do around the house and I think that is why it is so annoying!

lifewithquads said...

No one can empty the trash in my house either. They'll put new trash bags beside the trash can but won't take the full bag out. Grrr!

KaraLyn said...

So funny... only because that is my house. But I swear they leave like 2 sheet sof TP for me so I have to change it... UGH!!! OH yes, and the trash... My hubby just crams and crams until I get mad and take it out (my way of taking out the trash is taking it out of the can, tying it and setting it in the garage... I REFUSE to take it out to the big trash...

Leslie said...

I do have a husband who changes the roll and I am the one who doesnt...he he he. But right now we are missing the rod so we are just stuffing the toliet paper rolls on the hooks that come out of the wall. That probably doesnt make any sense but ohwell!!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............