Thursday, December 18, 2008

RADDEST new tradition EVER! random tidbits, and story time!

back story: the kids came home ON ONE today. whining, fighting, bickering, crying, hitting,demanding, and tattling.

we all know that's ANNOYING!

after a few hours of that i finally lost it. i'm pms-ing hard anyway so add that crap behavior to it and i'm gonna go postal QUICK.

it came down to the point of beating everyone or leaving.

i opted to bail on any more fun family time. and left with Lance's blessing.
at 6:15.

he was still working. but my shift was OVER!

so i was loosing it. nothing new there.

i'd had a rough day. i needed pampering.

so i finally went for a pedicure , the kind i'd been dreaming of since my last one for my birthday in MAY.

so i went.

sat in the chair and had my toes done.

a fabulous white and red plaid with sparkle!

<span class=

and while i sat there, i addressed my Christmas cards!

i am a genius.

it's a new tradition. i'm thinking the best tradition EVER!

and best part is? i came home to a clean house and kids in bed. hallelujah!

i have the best husband ever. thanks honey. YOU ROCK!

so now i can get down to the other stuff i need to do. instead of fretting about my dirty house.

OH and news flash to me. i just realized Paxton's baptism is the 27th. a week from Saturday. 2 days after Christmas. WTH? new stress.

and i am totally commercial. the stores have Valentines stuff out. i saw my valentines stuff in the closet last night. and I CAN'T WAIT TO PUT IT UP! how sick is that?

Valentines day IS my fave holiday. i love the gifts, the cards, the decorations. the fun of giving gifts without the stress of Christmas.

speaking of Valentines day how about a story? (LANCE IS MAKING ME TELL THIS) one year roughly 12 years ago. on valentines day my missionary that i'd written semi regularly,and been friends with for YEARS( 5 YEARS actually before that!) got my dear John letter saying i was getting married. he got it on valentines day. in a card with hearts all over the envelope. yes i was totally clueless. it was HORRIBLE TIMING, and i recently apologized. Lance on the other hand laughed at how bad i sucked. and how lame that was of me (and told me to post it,that it was blog worthy)

YES IT WAS. SO LAME.

now you know i haven't always been this rad. there were times in my past life that i frankly sucked.

shocking.


QUESTIONS??

i wanna know what your fave holiday is? and why!?!

are your kids stomping on your last nerve?

do you have PMS before or after aunt flo makes her appearance?mine is after lately and i'm talking psycho-mega-beast.

did you write to anyone in college? on a mission?

did you have to tell them you were marrying someone else?

don't you think the Christmas card addressing during a pedicure is the best idea ever? i'm totally doing it forever now. a little break in the hectic holiday season. AH FABULOUS!


today is the last recycle pick up before Christmas. better un-box all the loot. and get rid of it.


hope you are having a FABULOUS Thursday.

post signature

19 comments:

The Montgomerys said...

No aunt flo since august of 2007, I am nursing! I dear johned my bf 2 months after he left and was so happy!My kids are great because all I have to say is I am calling Santa and that's the end of it! I am saying genius All the way with the Christmas cards, I just might do that too! I love Halloween! The candy. The dressing up and the parties!!

tammy said...

I do think the Christmas cards with a pedi is the best idea ever!!

And sorry, not so much into V-Day. It frankly bugs me. I don't like to go out on that day, and I think it sucks for people that don't have a spouse or date. I do little gifts for my family, and of course make cookies, but I don't like the big hoopla of everyone being made to feel like they have to celebrate their love for someone on the same day. Call me the scrooge of V-day.

Vidal's Nest said...

Love the pedi/card idea! Brilliant!
Love Valentines Day but HATE that they already have stuff up! That really bugs!!!!!
Fav holiday Christmas for sure. Love everything about it.
I go postal on my family weekly. Yes, weekly sometimes daily. I am so jealous you could escape and have such a great idea too!

Rebecca Irvine said...

I love the pedicure/card idea too. Sure brilliance!

I am beginning to dislike all holidays that require extended family get-togethers--it is too hard to please two different sides of family.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas the best. You are super lucky to have a great hubby. Matt is one of those super hubs that would let me go do something like that, but I am too lame to take him up on the offer. I would sit there feeling guilty...which is totally stupid, I know. Thanks for keeping it real. - Kathy N.

SuperCoolMom said...

That is brilliant! Next year I'm going to stash some money aside so I can pamper myself during the holiday madness.

Fave holiday? I like Halloween. Love making costumes, and buckets of Chocolate in the house.

And Crap! that I'm missing the recycle barrel! Good thing we're not getting tons of Packaged stuff.

I have NOT been gloating. Verbally anyway.

Anonymous said...

You are a genius! Love that idea because that's what I call killing two birds with one stone.

I do like V-Day but I feel bad for the people that have no one to share it with.

Anonymous said...

Oops, wrong button. I thibnk it's an adult holiday and tomuch of it os geared for the kids now. That's just my thoughts.

Have a great day!

sandi said...

Loving the toes!

Fave holiday..hmm..Thanksgiving and Christmas...I love the cheery feeling and the FOOD.

PMS...before

I didn't really write or keep in touch with anyone when i left for the air force. I have attachment issues.

I don't address Christmas cards. Because I suck!

AutoSysGene said...

Your toes are AWESOME! I need to get my piggies painted before tomorrow...I so wish there was a pedicure in my near future.

onehm said...

AWESOME new tradition!! That is a great idea...
I can't WAIT to see your toes!

Ruth Anne said...

Definitely grumpy before, but I am late and there is no grumpies right now. Hmmm.

Anyway, love the tradition.

Jenn said...

Yeah I got some heart ache from breaking the getting married bomb too--- nothing like sending a letter on Valentines day to break the news though.

And I think I need to make tradition on addressing my Christmas cards while getting a pedicure. I've NEVER had a pedicure.

Jamie said...

That story is totally blog worthy and too funnny and if learning the art of flipping people off at school is my last nerve than you betcha I am LIVID.i really don'y know what my fav holiday is. i am non commital

Jen said...

I love your toe nails! They are perfect and think that is the best tradition ever! I'm gonna have to start me a tradition like that!!!

Jen said...

Love the new tradition and way to go Lance! He is awesome!! Good to talk to you last night!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

your toes look fabulous! what a great idea! and coming home to a clean house and kids in bed..that is the greatest thing ever! next time you go pedicuring i want to come :)

Micah and Jen said...

That is a great tradition! :) Fave holiday would have to be Halloween....have always loved it!

sherry said...

Your toes look FABULOUS! SOmething about cute toenails makes me smile. Love the V day story. Has he forgiven you now? My post partum hormones seem like perma PMS right now. I am useless. Good timing, I know;) We need to do lunch again. Pierce misses me;)

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............