Friday, November 27, 2009

Oh, you wanted a scooter too?

black Friday was a TOTAL SUCCESS! I'm still basking in the glory.(and recovering from sleep deprivation).

it's a group effort all the way. we are fans of the divide and conquer method. but every group needs a leader and let's face it,

I'M THE QUEEN!

Photobucket

This year the plan was wait in line at old navy for the free Rockband Lego game with $20 purchase,

We got there by 9:15 and claimed the front of the line, (FIRST!) my sister staked her claim on our space for the 3 am opening.with a table and chairs. she even brought her RV for restroom use. which was super handy.

yes it was that awesome! we sat around and chatted huddled in camp chairs and blankets. took pictures, video interviews for my shopumentary (shopping documentary) . and plotted our strategy , we divvied up our lists and assigned items for people to run and grab at the next stop.

we all got our games (they only had 25 total) and rushed through old navy buying our requisite amount to get the free game.

then we rushed to stand in line at Target by 3:15....to wait for the 5 am opening.

everyone had an assignment.

I personally was in charge of grabbing 16 of one secret item.

my friend had to grab 13 scooters (she cleared the endcap and then had to make them find more in back stock JUST FOR US!)

we cleared the shelves of a few other items and demanded more, knowing they had 56 in stock from our chat with the manager while we waited.

we got everything we wanted. and rushed to walmart where a friend had staked out half my list. but the rest was already gone. we hit another nearby walmart and bought the rest then headed to breakfast.

by then i was going on 27 hours with no sleep. i was kinda dull by then but it was a great ending to the adventure.

here is the back of the van when we got home.


by the time i got in bed at 9:45 am i'd been awake for 29 hours straight.

after a 3 hour nap where i dreamt about shopping i got up, showered and headed back out.

Bath and Body works has an awesome purchase with purchase.spend $40 and get a bag of full size items for $15. the bag is hot pink, of course i HAD TO GET IT!





Me and the girls.



here we are after we all got our wristbands! we were super stoked and it was totally worth waiting all night for it. really it was just dang fun hanging out, planning and anticipating the wonder. it's such a rush!


it was glorious! thanks girls for coming along and letting me run the show!

i can't wait until next year! only 365 days left.

post signature

© 2009 crazymamaof6

13 comments:

Daisygirl said...

Looks like you all made out fabulously! I couldn't have done it! One of these years I will have to do it though and Ill seek inspiration from the Queen.
Awesome work! I did make it to Target this morning though and finished up most of my shopping...got a free 10.00 gift card..woohoo!

Jen said...

You are THE Queen of Black Friday! It was great! Let the countdown begin for next year! And Linz's trunk was just as full as that! Awesome!!

The Glenns said...

I found your blog from Trish Kobialka's. It looks like we have similar families. Our fist 6 are close to yours (we just have a few at the end).

Nice blogging. Happy Holidays

Leslie said...

You definitely are the queen!!

I attempted Toys R Us but I couldn't stand in that line!! I just wasn't up to getting up this morning but for some reason feel like I am totally missing out on something!! Next year I wont be prego and will be looking forward to the madness!!

Jamie said...

YOu ladies are IMPRESSIVE!!! Way to Go!!

snashcroft said...

Yeah, that was me. I wanted a scooter too, but wanted to sleep while Jenny did my shopping. I can't believe she got 14 of them! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Maybe I'll have to venture out with you guys next year.

blah, blah by lindsey said...

you are the queen and i feel so lucky be apart of the best day EVER!!!

i totally forgot to take a picture of all my crap! oh well!!

Wendy Phelps said...

Wow! I can't wait to see your "shopumentary". I got to Wal-Mart around 4:15am for the Rock Band game. I got one but got clonked in the head real hard by a very very aggressive shopper. He came in just a few minutes before 5 and elbowed his way to the front, and flattened a couple of teenage girls, literally knocked them to the ground. They had been there since 1a.m. I saw red. I got mad and told him if he didn't settle down I was going to call 911. He grabbed his box and "accidentally" clubbed me in the head with it. Hard. I almost put my box down and attacked him. I was so mad. Really. To save $50. Jerk! So nuts.

Rebecca Irvine said...

You rock--and I look forward to the documentary.

onehm said...

You are one CRAZY MAMA. :)
Glad that you found the deals!!

Andrea said...

I totally would've camped out at Old Navy if I wasn't feeling so icky with this head cold. I had fun staking my claim on a few items at Walmart. Breakfast was delish! I can't wait til next year!!!

sherry said...

I'm glad you got all the stuff you wanted. I may have to try it again one year. I don't usually give up my sleep voluntarily. I'm not a nice person w/out it. I usually send the husband to wal mart and call it good.There are only three things I would give up sleep for(maybe 4) and shopping is not one of them....

Sweet Notations said...

You are the only person I know that could pull off the hat. I did OK but failed to get the $50 card at the mall because it was that crazy and forgot a game at Walmart in my craziness to make sure and get the great Rock Band!!! Oh well got Rock Band and $50 in Pac Loot to use later and Oh Target $10 card too!! I should learn more from the queen though!!!!!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............