Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas confessional

confession #1- I don't drink eggnog. there's just something i don't love about the thickness and spicy aftertaste. gag.

confession #2 - I Love to get christmas cards. LOVE THEM! i always read the letters if they are included . and i hoard my cards year after year.

confession #3- Mistletoe is my ultimate fave. who doesn't love a good excuse to kiss? i totally worked the mistletoe when i was single.

confession #4- i can't have whipped cream on my hot cocoa. the cocoa is bad enough with my rockin' lactose intolerance but whipped cream kicks that issue up like 10 notches. TMI? perhaps.

confession #5- you'd think I'd be on top of christmas as much as i blogged about it in November , but honestly, you'd be way wrong. while it's not my worst christmas to date, I'm feeling super overwhelmed and behind. it's all sorts of awesome.

confession #6- i love christmas movies, tv shows and books. even when it's not christmas.

confession #7- only speaks Spanish when singing christmas songs with Spanish in them. i'm diggin' DONDE ESTA SANTA CLAUS on this playlist mostly because they use the word mamacita. yeah. i was raised bilingual. but you only know that at christmas.

confession#8- i have no desire to get a bunch of toys for my kids. toys= crap to clean up.

confession #9- every year i consider becoming a Jehovah Witness for christmas. i'm a little bah humbug on occasion. but only when i feel low budget, or overwhelmed . (so like daily).

confession #10- i snicker at the santa lingerie when i see it at the store. who buys that? one year i got red satin pj's and a black teddy. it was double boxed. one nestled inside the other. it was genius for opening in front of the family on christmas eve back in the day.


the confessional is open... do you have any christmas dislikes, great ideas, or preferences? please feel free to share.

post signature

© 2009 crazymamaof6

7 comments:

Piper said...

I hate eggnog too!! I have a file with Christmas cards! I LOVE books and movies about Christmas ALL YEAR!
And, no, Santa's not supposed to be sexy... it's just wrong! Once I saw a banana hammock that was shaped like a santa hat. WITH the white pom-pom on the end. BAD.NEWS.
MErry Christmas mamma!

Daisygirl said...

Eggnog is the most disgusting thing on earth!!! Your not supposed to drink eggs and anything with nog on the end reminds me of a bog...which stinks!!!!!

I love Christmas cards too and sadly this year I've only gotten 3 so far...my little Card hanger looks so sad. I had mine sent out the last day of Nov.

This year I am still dieting...so NO fun treats for me. Its tough but I can do it.
Merry Christmas!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

Next time the JDubs come over I'll send 'em over to your house - I think that was my favorite confessional. I love, love, love hot chocolate but can't have it due to the milk. I get excited for Dec because starbucks has soy pepermint hot chocolate. Can't taste the soy due to the pepermint so it's all good! I'm not a soy fan either and I promise it's good and doesn't hurt the bowels!
You have already read my confessional on my blog do I need to add another?

Chinny and Poom said...

Dude, I am soooo behind it's not even funny. I have listened to the satellite Holiday Traditions channel 24 hours a day and I can't feel the spirit this year! What gives? Lot's-o-ladies blogging about this. Terrible. My poor 5 year old asked why our tree, which had been up for like a week didn't have decorations on it. Mom of the Year right here. Ok, enough bitchin...You know what makes eggnog drinkable and truly delightful? Mt. Gay Rum. :) Just saying.

tammy said...

I love eggnog, but only the kind from the store, not the real kind, and I water it down with milk so it's not so thick. I always forget to drink it though and then it's gone and Christmas is over.

I'm not even worrying about cards this year. It's the one thing that was stressing me out and I refuse to be stressed. So, sorry you won't be getting one from me this year.

I bought the red velvet with white fur trim lingerie one year. It used to be tradition to get new lingerie on Christmas Eve, but I've kind of forgotten to do that lately.

Kimm said...

I LOVE eggnog. I only drink it at Christmas, and I only buy the store kind.

I am feeling overwhelmed with everything as well. Bob's hernia surgery recovery didn't go quite as planned, and then we had a water leak. SO they are basically coming tomorrow to fix everything and I have to get everything out of my spare room (think junk and Christmas gifts and food storage)and put it out in the living room.

Needless to say NO Christmas cards this year, but I was thinking of doing a New Years or Valentines day note instead. But I love to get Christmas cards.

Toys=CRAP at my house as well. I simplified this year.

Santa Lingerie......I am sure you heard the story about the red bow and your Aunt Jane and Uncle Layton.....(wink wink).

Mariah said...

I say i do'nt like whip cream on my hot cocoa, thats a 'for-sure'! And you inspire, have i not said that before, i rate your blog, Best Blog Of The Year! And includes 5 *'s! And also, c.c # 10 Hilarious! Your RaD!!!!!!!!!!




:)

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............