Saturday, September 20, 2008

blinging up an eye patch and other weekend activities.

AH. last night. we had leftover pasta bar. from the dinner i made for us, my sisters family and my mom and brother Thursday night. who knew i made enough to stuff everyone to the gills and still not have to cook for 2 more meals. i am rad.after dinner we went to the park to play for a couple hours. and came home by way of McDonald's for ice cream. put the kids to bed. and settled in for an evening in bed with a good book.

today i didn't get much done. i finished my book. and laid around. i have been having one eye hurt for the last couple days. just one eye. the left one. aches. it's kind of like a headache. i don't recall having anything like this before but i feels better with my eye closed, or with something cold on it.

I'm gonna get a patch i think.

of course i want to embellish it. with a fuchsia and black rhinestones. and a sparkle skull and crossbones. could you imagine? bling it up a little. FOXY!

makes me wanna be a pirate. ya know with the patch.i could wear a pirate outfit with some cleavage. i've got lots of that, and i could put a parrot on my shoulder too. I'd just have to go pick one up at my mom's house. that would be rad.

speaking of an eye patch, back when i was 18, i once knew a REALLY HOT GUY that wore an eye patch.he was hot. SUPER HOT. and yes i flirted wildly with a guy that wore an eye patch that happened to coordinate with his tie at church. he was not a fan of the glass eye. and i was a flirty 18 year old. it's true. and i know it's not shocking at all!

well so that is the fun of the day. a little eyeball headache. and some rest and relaxation. lance thinks it may be eye strain caused by too much reading. is that even possible? i know it is. but too much reading? NEVER. i may be due for a vision check though. i am over 30 now. it's totally possible.

i hope you are having a FABULOUS weekend.

post signature

14 comments:

sandi said...

Sometimes my eyeball will hurt if my sinuses are about to start bugging me. If that doesn't go away, I would have that looked at.

But an eyepatch would be totally cool.

tammy said...

okay, make me one too, because I have a stye in my eye. And I'm not supposed to wear makeup on that eye, or my contact, so I need a patch to cover it up for church tomorrow. Ordinarily I would say that's an excuse for missing, but it's the primary program so I gotta be there for that.

onehm said...

the mental pic of you in the eye patch...
and then the mental pic of you (at 18) flirting with the pirate...I mean guy with the eye patch...

These are visions I will cherish for a long, long time.
Thanks!!
:) Super Fabuloso post.

Rebecca Irvine said...

Way funny post! I want a blinged-up eye patch too. Even if it is only for Halloween... And I have the cleavage to go with it. We could be pirate twins!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

you could totally work an eye patch!

love reading a good book ;)

Ruth Anne said...

I need to see a picture of the dude to make the judgment myself.

I thought of you today! I got to take 1 KID to the craft store. I wish you could have helped me with craft ideas. So funny you even have a post about being crafty! (I pimped my daughters water bottle.)

Vidal's Nest said...

I bet Lance would find the patch kind of sexy! A whole new fantasy eh? Maybe I ought to get one too!
Only, I don't have the cleavage so the outfit wouldn't be as sexy!
Hehe!

SuperCoolMom said...

I have the sexy pirate top in my costume box. You're welcome to borrow it.

Leslie said...

I wonder if thats the same guy I knew with a patch, although I didnt really know him and didnt really notice if he was hot or not!!

My eyes have been bugging me lately but I think it is from migrains...Maybe its from alergeys or from the ceiling fan over my head while i sleep.

I hope your eye feels better soon!! An eye patch would be cool!!

Anonymous said...

That patch sounds like something you could market, I think it would take off. Who wouldn't want one?

Your eye probably is strained, I know mine would be if I read all that you do! ;)

Anonymous said...

Thought you'd find this interesting...I guess Friday the
19th was national "talk like a pirate day"! So now you know! I NEVER knew it existed.

Next year, you can break out your eye patch, maybe add a little swagger to your step & incorporate some Julie bling!

Mamarazzi said...

get the eye patch. that would be RAD!

but get your eyes checked too.


mmmmm pasta...i miss pasta!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ I love the embellished eye patch idea! Yay for left overs. it's the best thing ever and then I don't have to cook a double bonus! :)

Andrea said...

Your eye is still bugging? Sorry! Could be allergies or a strain like Lance said. Maybe time to go *see* the eye doc! LOL

But I think you could definitely pull off the blinged-out eye patch! Look out here comes the HOT LADY PIRATE!!!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............