Monday, March 26, 2007

We cleaned the house for family night!

Ok so it is Monday night and I decided to clean the house. I packed away my holiday cans, I put away other holiday things that i was waiting for a storage tub for but went with a pull up box instead. It was handy. anyway Lance came home and made the kids help. Every time i asked them to do something, I heard,"I'm tired" or "I'm busy". Little turkeys! it's their stinkin' mess. but hey they all know if they stay out of my way. I don't really care. but they better get out of my face. But they are willing to help LANCE. so he's surprised in the cleaning activity but joins in. and yells at the kids to help, no other option. So the family room,kitchen and entryway all got swept/mopped and picked up! Really it's kind of a miracle unless it is hell Wednesday when the maid comes.
Then for family night Lance winged it with a lesson about picking up after ourselves. and frosty's from Wendy's. All in all a successful day. the kids are in bed and I am gonna go to Target!

5 comments:

Webb Family said...

That is the same thing that happens to me. It's like I speak and that don't hear a word, then Mike comes in and will say the exact same thing and they move. I think it's because we tell them to do stuff all day and they are scared of dads!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

I wonder if they really believe that when dad says do something it means do it. My kids don't hear my voice either, that must be why I yell so much.

onehm said...

All homes and kids are the same. Dad means business...
How fun to get your house clean...and is "Hell Wednesday" what I think it is? :)

Crazymamaof6 said...

Hell Wednesday is the day the Maid comes to clean. I hate all the pre-cleaning I have to do. Always in a hurry. Alone. she mops and does the bathrooms. And once I get started picking up everything, I might as well mop and do the bathrooms. It's a vicious cycle.

ZB said...

I wish I had a "hell wednesday"...sounds delightful.

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............