Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Dr. appointment update!

I am sure you aren't dying to know the outcome of my appointment so feel free to skip ahead. My girls were pretty good for the appointment. Minor talking and crawling on the ground. They were being dogs. But my Dr. said she is requesting a PET scan with CT fusion. So they use the PET scan at the same time as the CT but no CT contrast. So the Pet picks up the cancer cells using a glucose contrast that cancer cells pick up really well and the CT scan gives the anatomy of the internal structures. Hopefully the insurance will cover it. PET scans are super expensive tests but the supersede any other test they could give. Including my Whole body radioactive iodine scan. So the good news is I don't have to have the whole body scan and go off my meds for it! WHOOHOO! Seriously, I am having a great day. No it isn't good I have to have a PET scan but I'm glad the Dr. decided to get on it and not piddle around. And I am glad I don't have to go off of my meds or have the thyrogen injections. So yeah!Whoohoo! Oh and I am going to the surgeon next week and the DR. acted like yes I really will have to have surgery but I don't know when she got to that point. it should be interesting. I'll keep you posted on that.

5 comments:

Lance said...

sounds like a load of fun.

Jenn Toon said...

Glad to hear that the doc seems to be on top of things and you are happy with the progress! And no body scan!! WOOHOO!! And the girls were good . . .even better! Sounds like a great day all around! :)

Jen said...

YAY!! I am glad you don't have to go off your meds! That is the fantastic part. Good luck with the next step!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

I am so glad you don't have to go off your meds again. It sounds like this dr knows that they are doing.

ZB said...

I don't really know what all of that means, but you sound positve so I'm gonna go with Hooray! Glad that YOU are on top of it and that the Dr. is as well.

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............