Sunday, April 1, 2007

visiting teaching

Ok so i am a visiting teaching supervisor in my ward. Not the most important calling but I don't aspire to any of the big = lotta work callings and am more than happy to do my little part. So I had to do my report which means call all of the ladies that didn't report to me yet which means about half . not bad but not great. What I don't get is the ladies that don't do their part or do their visiting teaching. I do mine, I go alone because I am partners with a less active woman who "has a lot on her plate" . really a lot. ok I don't mind going alone, then it's only my schedule I have to work with, and the ladies I visit. In November I went and got all of my ladies visited on the first day of the month. Can I just tell you how great that felt. to be done. and I even reported too. Yeah and I made my ladies that visit me start having a designated day.( the first Wednesday of the month at the park ) We did pretty well for a couple months but life gets busy. Gotta get back on that. not that I am perfect about it . this month I dropped off a treat to the young girl I visit, last night at 8:30. At least I got it done. I'll do better this month. I love to print visiting teaching handouts on the Idea Door.

3 comments:

Webb Family said...

This makes me want to be better. I am queen of dropping a treat off, some say that counts some don't. I know I love yummy treats! And, I really need to be better about calling and reporting when I'm done.

Crazymamaof6 said...

I love a treat too, don't get me wrong. it counts. But you have to do one face to face visit every quarter.
at least you do something. That's way more than alot of people.

blah, blah by lindsey said...

I love visiting teaching. I hope they give me some people to visit even though I am gonna be here a short time. That is a good idea to do a standing appt.

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............