Thursday, September 13, 2007

i think this is funny

Lance just called me from the office to tell me he needs a drink. and could i go to chevron and get him one.

i went to sprouts. and bought a drink and other stuff too. i just thought it was funny.

his office is in the home office on the other side if the play room, which is technically in our garage. but it had been converted before my parents bought the house. so it is still the garage on the outside but inside there is AC and drywall and whatever makes a room a room.

but he called me from his cell phone. we aren't having any problems with him working from home. except when he wants to come in midday and have me come look at some program he made to automate the system at work. or when he comes in to talk to me, while i am trying to use what little free time i have to read a book. or blog. yeah i don't go in and chat with him. i don't generally have him babysit. in fact there was a major fight about him watching the kids when i went to the dr. the other day. stuff that he did when he didn't work from home now is out too. he used to take a long lunch , or go in late. or come home early for, the once-in-a-blue-moon-days-that-i-had-cancer and have to deal with it. like dr. appointments. and the other day he tried to say he couldn't babysit and that he never helped out before. well he babysat , and i rushed, and it was fine. but seriously . one appointment in a long while. he can help out. take a lunch. so yeah it bugged me that he did a complete 180 in the helping out, because he works from home now. BUT OTHERWISE it is going fine.


reminder the funny part was that he called me from "work" to tell me he needed a drink.

and he needed the drink because Pierce was up all night and he was up with him. while i slept like the dead. and the drink he wanted was a MONSTER energy drink.

**edit**
I should clarify that i do totally call him all the time from my bedroom and tell him to keep the kids quiet if i am napping or the baby is awake or the bus is here. Or i just want a drink. I call him all the time but he doesn't usually call me. there is totally no issues with being quiet. unless it is screaming or crying in the actual playroom. because his office is in the far side of the house. AND today was fabulous because he went and picked up lunch for us! yay! and yeah i was thrilled at the prospect of daytime action but all of my offers have been declined! he is focused on work. shocking!

9 comments:

Jen said...

LOL that he called you from the house for a drink! Jeff would totally do the same thing! In fact he has called me from his car when he is parked out front.

Supercool Mom said...

That's too funny! I often call the boys or hubby too, when they are on the other side of the house - they can't hear me yell, or else it would wake the baby, or I'm just too lazy to get up. It's a beautiful world we live in.

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Good thing he didn't call ya for sex!

Maybe one day you should show up at his 'work' in a trenchcoat and bring a drink for him as well!!!

onehm said...

I totally am the one that would do that. Lucky for us (insert sarcasm here) our house is small enough that there isn't one spot that you can't hear someone when they speak! So no need to call from one end to the other!
I have been discussing creating a new "office" in the garage (only one bay, mind you! I still want to get my car in there some day!) so that I can take over his current office (there's awesome light in there for photos) and then we don't have to be "quiet" when he's on the phone. Unfortunately that would cost money and time that we don't have right now. Bummer for me. And for him, too really!
Sorry about the super long comment!

little jill said...

I like the idea of my husband leaving and then coming home. If he was home all the time I'd want to tell him things, or go grocery shopping.

Libby said...

That's awesome! I love it. Thanks for making me laugh!!!!!

Matchbox Mom said...

Hi! I found your blog through manic mom, I hope you don't mind me browsing through your creative-ness...um, is that a word?

Anyway, cute post! Thanks for making me laugh. Although, I must confess...i've totally called my hubby to get me a drink before! shhh...don't tell anyone...and it was this afternoon of all times-right before I read your post. Man, i'm a dork. Oh well.

Thanks again!
Tams

michelle said...

My husband has had a office here at the house for years. We have done pretty well, but have for sure had our moments. It's when the kids all come thru the back door talking loud, yelling etc. that is the trial! There have been so mant times when he has been on important calls, and comes out talking on the phone, and waving his hands. This cracks me up. It's the signal, for hush, I am on the phone! :)Gotta Love em!

Allison said...

I love the trench coat idea. Maybe I will have to use that when my sweet hubby is just coming home. Have a trench coat on and greet him at the door with HIS favorite soda of Dr. Pepper. Just let him know that this is what the doctor ordered.

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............