Saturday, November 24, 2007

Black friday shopping ! the best day EVER!

Checking out my target ad waiting to get my hands on a cabbage patch doll!

seriously this year was the best ever! and i have pictures! but they are on my camera and Lance just left to go shotting and took Peyton for the first time sooooooooooo i wanted pictures of that.the group-Janie(aka hotmama) ,Alicia (tiny in the back), Me, my older sister Vicki, Lindsey and Dendi.
Maria came later when she finally realized she had slept in she got there around4:45.


and actual pictures of thanksgiving? NONE! just because i forget my SD card in the media slot at home. darn!

this year was super fun! and i even had some blog friends with me. well they are my friends in real life too but you know how it is , a linkety link here and there is extra great.

SO the plan got vetoed at the last minute, late at night by some sisters , rulings i had made earlier in the week were ignored. But it was still super fun and I am pretty much done shopping! mostly because i ran out of money. but still, i bought all i am going to for 5 out of 6 kids, and that is what i always worry about, so i am feeling mighty fine!

the plan that got Vetoed?? Mervyn's free gift card not on the list of things we were doing, no one wanted to go to Mervyn's but me and Lindsey and Dendi. but the sisters dashed our hopes of free $10 bucks and really i am just a sucker for something free. but if we would have gone we might have missed out on something better at Walmart.

so we met at 2:30 at my house.( i was up til 12 cleaning out the Van and the front room. i got up at 2am to get dressed and waited for everyone to come. Dendi was first, then Lindsey , then Alicia then Janie, then Vicki and Suzette, then we waited for Maria who slept in. but only for 1o-15 minutes then we decided we have cell phones she could call us. so we changed it up this year and went to a 24 hour Walmart. we originally planned on waiting outside a walmart that closes at 11pm and opens at 5 (out on the reservation) for the black Friday sale. but we made a change to the new 24 hour walmart at Dobson Riverview which was fabulous. but only because we had so many people with us. to stand in different parts of the store to scout out our items and grab stuff for eachother. then we divvied up everything before we paid. Lindsey rocks! and grabbed my cheap bike for Paxton's birthday (the 16th) and a whole flat of transformers. we each wanted one. it was totally rad! anyway. we all got what we wanted. unless it was something i forgot to pick up like my shrek the 3rd (for 12 bucks on the walmart secret sale. ) i had a hard time deciding which of the 9 cabbage patch dolls i wanted and took probably too long but i am a freak and can't make a choice to save my life apparently.

so we got to the new Super target at Tempe Market place by 5:45 and the line was huge! and while we were walking to the back of the line i saw..... a high school Boy/friend! so i stopped to say hi like a dork ! gave him a hug , met his wife , felt like a retard, and kept on moving. (back story this guy was super bummed/pissed when i wrote him and told him i was getting married while on his mission, enough that i think he kind of hated me when he saw me last. so going out of my way to say," hey , how are you ?"may or may not have bugged him. and i was never into him , but he loved me when i was 16-18. and i could have married him . While he thought it was happening, i got married before he got home. but we were friends. and we never ever kissed, probably the only guy i went out with that i didn't. ) they were buying scooters and have 2 kids now. they didn't ask how many kids i have which is fine by me. but were semi shocked when i said i was there buying wii games and scooters and then proceeded to load 6 into my cart. but i snuckmy sneaky picture i think he totally spotted me. trying to be sneaky.
he is the tall one in the hat. smiling at the camera!

a picture of him while he was paying at the register. hahaha they will be posted later! hahahaha! ok i digress, where was I ? So, at Target in line waiting we were joking around about making a video of the shopping ah la Blair witch style. and i made short one, funny and so dorky but then i made another one with me and Maria and Alicia, screaming and freaking out as we walked and the line was moving , and i was laughing so hard again and i peed my pants again! ahhhhhhhhhhh! not tons but holy crap! so as soon as i got in the store i made a bee line for the bathroom. so retarded! and the video didn't have time to process, so it got deleted. i peed my pants for a video that didn't work! ahhhhhhhhh
remind me next year i am wearing a pad. just in case i am still incontinent! or laugh far too much.Dendi- glowing from the rush of shopping !

but i got all the crap i wanted and looked and looked for Jenny and Melanie! i was totally gonna take their picture, and had my camera out. but never saw them super bummed on that. but fun they were at the same store. so i dropped a wad of cash there too.

then we waited a little for Lindsey to get something else and maria returned something extra real fast while there was no line. totally fun waiting that is when i got the secret pictures of the above old boy friend. totally blogging those later. hahahaha (evil cackle)
Maria, and Alicia! checking out more ads.

then we hit Ulta for some cheesy lap desks and an abundance of dollar lotions and lip glosses, I saw Darla ( Bridget's mother in Law and the school secretary where my kids go. )

and then we decided on Cracker Barrel for breakfast it took forever but i got the coolest mini syrup bottle ever! free! actually it came with my pancake but Alicia shared hers with me so i could keep mine as a souvenir! haha

and before we headed home we stopped at Kirkland's home to see what the secret Item was. but i didn't buy anything.

my kids were at my Mother in Laws house so we hauled all of my stuff into the front room to lay it out. and Lance helped load up alicia's tampoline into her truck. it was fabulous! until we had to go pick up the kids and it took too long seriously stuck there for 3 hours while i was beat and hadn't slept for more that 4 hours in two nights. i was so tired and ready to scream by the time we left. and when i got home at 5:30 pm i laid down and didn't get up again until 5:30 today to help get Peyton dressed to go shooting.

so all in all the best black Friday ever ! the only way it would have been better was if i got to nap earlier.the loot = Success!

pictures to come later today. there are secret sales online at walmart. available in store or online.

Tangie is having a secret sale of her own. 30% off!

and Bath and body Works has the antibacterial stuff 4 for $ 10! saturday and sunday only! available online and instore.

15 comments:

Jen said...

LOL you guys had fun and left WAY earlier than us! Oh and LOL, I had the cart with Mel's purse and phone and I was trying to call her too, I kept calling and calling and thinking why isn't she answering and then, wow someone else has the same ring as her, yeah, I had her phone with me! So she didn't think to check it until we saw Maria, but I think by then you guys had left.

Dave'sWife@{thediaryofdaveswife} said...

sOunDS lIke a TOTal bLaST!!!!
LoVE tHE StoRY aBoUT rUnnInG iNto YouR Ex-BF. To BE HoNesT thAT wOUlD bE OnE oF My WoRSt NigHtMaREs!-

tammy said...

Glad it was worth it for you! As I was reading the ads, there was only one thing that would've made me go out early, and I decided it wasn't worth it. So I stayed home and got my Christmas stuff out and enjoyed an empty house. Funny on seeing the old BF. Can't wait to see the pic!

Jenn said...

I did it! And I thought I would hate it, but it was just as fun as your experiance! Black Friday doesn't suck! How many years have you made a tradition out of i?

The ex-bf thing! How funny! I hate running into people I used to know or date. You just stepped right up and said howdy! Go you!

kay said...

i wish i had friends that would go shopping with me on black friday! next year i am heading out your way to go with you guys!!

and really thanks so much for posting all of those ads. they totally helped me to prepare!

Andrea said...

Wish I could've gone just for the adrenaline rush! I still have no idea what I'm getting for anybody, plus I have to wait at least another paycheck before I can even shop! Hate that! Wish your video didn't get deleted - I would've loved to see that!! Sounds totally FUN!!

Webb Family said...

You guys are so great! And, how nice that all your shopping is pretty much done! My mom kept saying I want to go with your friend Julie so next year we want to come!!

onehm said...

Sounds like fun!!
I think I may want to join in next year too...

Brandi said...

Sounds like you all had a blast!! I hit the wal-mart up here for a few things, but didn't go on all the rounds, I get irritated with large crowds of people!! :0)

blah, blah by lindsey said...

shopping was so much fun!! i am in next year for sure!! even though i had to return today, oh well! lucky me though, i got to nap for 5hours, guess i needed it!

Unknown said...

Yeah it was awesome! Who better to go with than you the pro! I definitely wanna do that next year...still stoked about the great deals we got...I still haven't posted mine and am totally bummed! I went to down load my pics and something is not working right...it wouldn't let me...so I will have to get on that.

Hot pic of you at the dance...still laughing about you taking those pics of him...you are hilarious! Thanks for all the fUn...it was a blast!

janna said...

Sounds like you had a fun weekend too! Love ya!

Laurie said...

HOLY COW!!! Quite the Black Friday success story! Conratulations on all the loot!

janna said...

My girls are getting those barbie bugs too!

Thad said...

i always liked the picture from my homecoming dance better, but that's just me.

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............