Thursday, November 22, 2007

thanksgiving shopping tales.

This morning I got up and got to Kmart at 5:30 am! normally i am the first in line. This year with the Wii as the hottest item of the season there were 45 people in line ahead of me. What time did the first person line up, you wonder? 10:30 pm last night! Crazyiness!
I was shocked they actually had 8 in stock because i wouldn't have thought they had more than 2! Kmart is famous for not having stuff they advertise in stock! so 8 lucky people got to buy the Wii. the last person to get one, #8, got there at midnight. everyone else was out of luck. really i knew it would be crazy but not that insane. Glad we got a Wii last year. i waited in line that day too. for 10 hours outside Wallmart, i was #28 out of 29 available on the release date of the Wii. but really fun, and totally worth it.
but onto what i bought. i was there FOR the Highschool musical 2 CD for $7.99! whoohoo! and some Disney pro digital cameras 2 for $19.99. i got my CD but the camera? yeah they never got any in. L.A. that means Lame A$$! typical too. Kmart doesn't buy any extra for sales, it is whatever is in stock. anyway, my brother Aaron came this year too. he wanted a Wii but knew he wasn't getting one. but he needed some of those Cd's too. and some other cheap impulse buys. He has never shopped with me on thanksgiving or black Friday, and was shocked when i actually ran, when i got in the store and cackled in true crazymama fashion. then ...
the funniest part. we got done at Kmart, and we decided to hit Biglots whle we were there, same parking lot and it was open at 7am. so he says, let's walk, and goes to put his stuff in his car. I went to put mine in too, but i think hey I'm at my car, i might as well drive over and i won't have to walk back. I drive over to his car, thinking he is walking that way already, well he was going to where my car had been parked and was looking for me, talking on the phone to his wife, as i am driving by honking "meep meep", "meep meep," and laughing (insert cackle here). Well i finally open the window to yell, and laugh instead, and he instantly turns to look my way, and says he didn't even notice my honking, but my cackle instantly identified me. and i laughed so hard that i tinkled in my pants a Just enough to make me stop laughing so much but not enough to soak through my jeans ! and laughed harder from that. then i am telling him what happened as we walked into Biglots. and he made me laugh again! ( insert cackle here) freaking hilarious, and i had to cross my legs, and make my way to the potty. funny day!

14 comments:

Jenn said...

Is the Wii really that cool?

I can't believe the maddness of shopping insanity this year my sister and I have always avoided black friday, but this year we are going to give it a try and see if we really hate it like we have said over the past 27 years of my life. But it sounds like you are an avid jump start christmas shopper.... and it sounds like you have fun doing it! Maybe it will be better than I ever thought... We'll see!

Micah and Jen said...

You are so funny! I am so impressed that you go out shopping on Thanksgiving....I am sitting and watching the parade...of course, i live in the middle of no where....so my options are limited! My hubby is so excited to go out tomorrow for Black Friday....I have to stay with the kids though since Gabe is still not taking a bottle....hey, at least he's good like that and he can get all the good deals...since he's fast and vicious! Well, good luck tomorrow....can't wait to hear your fun stories...although it may be hard to beat todays! HAPPY THANKSGIIVNG!

Andrea said...

WOW! Sounds like you've already begun the shopping fun!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

k i was thinking i would make my way to kmart today but maybe not. lame that they don't stock enough. excited for tomorrow, i mean tonight ;)

onehm said...

HILARIOUS!
I love this story...
I myself slept in this morning. No shopping for me-
Have fun tomorrow!!

Jamie said...

Fun times!! I am super impressed by your dedication to a sale and getting good deals!!

kay said...

we don't have k-mart here!! i would love to get the HS2 DVD. i may have to check that out on kmart.com!

michelle said...

I am typing this, and just had a thought. You are probably out there shopping away, and having a b-l-a-s-t! I can't wait to read about all of your wonderful goodies that you find today! :)

crystal said...

Now I know where the "crazy" in "crazymama" comes from!!!

crystal said...

Now I know where the "crazy" in "crazymama" comes from!!!

Unknown said...

YOu are tOo funny Jules! yeah, I have been home for hours and I can still hear that Jules cackle! ;) fUn times!

SHERI said...

I love black friday too! I too was out early.

smithfam said...

I stay far away from the stores on Black Friday. One of these years maybe.. What? you had a little bladder issue after popping out only 6 kids??? That is unheard of. Glad that never happens to me :)

Frolicking Night Owl said...

i can totally hear the cackle!! :) sounds like something my mom would do....

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............