Tuesday, December 11, 2007

3 truths and a lie -revealed!





#1-Truth-unlimited tanning- oh yeah i asked for it! i got it ! and i Never used it because I got pregnant with Peyton, and you can't fake N' Bake while prego, and who wants to or has time with a newborn?

#2.Truth- the ironing board and Iron-the #1 picked guess because everyone knows my work ethic apparently. Well it is true! i totally asked for an ironing board and Iron when i was 5-ish! i got one. the same year my older teenage sisters got a table top one, somehow Santa put mine around the back of the tree and theirs in the front, and there was tears, probably my 1st bad Christmas memory. talk about scarred for life, and my dumb ass dad, hand out the gifts, and didn't get to mine for a long time, i thought for sure there was a mistake, and the only ironing board i could see wasn't for me. my Dad is a dumb ass forevermore in my mind. starting at 5. and in my real adult life, i honestly believe that house gadgets/tools are not gifts, they should never be given as gifts, if it is for chores, even cooking, that is a crappy gift and i never want one. Lance knows that is not acceptable as a gift EVER! it was part of the marriage consideration interview!

Gumdrop-by Boots Tyner
#3.Truth- there was wailing for months on end about this doll i had to have her! i needed her, seriously the ugly cry for months. my family , my poor family had to listen to me for months because i wanted that doll for Christmas. i ended up making my own later . but that year my mom had already made me a sugar britches, which i was thrilled with and loved. but kept up the secret, i would have told me to shut up and i already had it i am fine with no suprises. yeah my mom made porcelain dolls for years. love them , have tons of them. i am a doll girl. and it felt like a real baby. i love babies ! obviously. Sugar Britches by Boots Tyner

#4. was the lie. i NEVER asked for a hope chest. but i got one my junior year of High school because my little sister asked for one. i think i hadn't asked for anything yet, so we got matching ones. and we got trips to EFY because she asked for that too. turns out i had a better time at EFY than she did. and i like my hope chest too. but i never asked for one!

are you happy now? knowing! does it make you feel better that at some point in my 30 years i asked for an ironing board and iron and even cried over it? albeit toy ironing board, but ironing board nonetheless.

have a fab Tuesday!

13 comments:

Webb Family said...

What a bummer that you never got to use your membership! I would love that. I was right on the ironing one!

melissa's life said...

Yeah! I guessed right. There is a first time for everything!

Jenn said...

i was wrong-ish...? lol!

kay said...

i'm never going to get one of these right. keep on so i can keep on trying!!!

btw i totally love your Christmasy looking blog. fab job!!

Jamie said...

You are getting really good at this so I did not guess. I have tons of fun reading though and findidng out which it was!!

ZB said...

I was thinking the ironing board. I hate domestic gifts.

AutoSysGene said...

Sheesh, I'm not very good at picking the lie...

onehm said...

I feel better knowing....even if I was wrong.
And I have to tell you that I totally had that doll!

Cecily R said...

Woo Hoo I win! What's my rad prize?

P.S. Yes. I do feel better knowing.

Andrea said...

That's funny! I will admit thought, that I LOVE household items as gifts. I can never think of something that I really want, but always LOVE new things that I can actually use! Yes, I'm one of those. I even asked for a vacuum and microwave for Christmas & Birthday when Ben and I had only been married for a year or two. His co-workers thought he was insane to get it for me. He had to tell them a million times that's what I ASKED FOR. ha ha :)

Frolicking Night Owl said...

you didn't say a toy iron! marina wants an iron ... WEIRD! :) :)

tammy said...

My Mom made porcelain dolls for years, too, and still collects them. She loves Marie Osmond's because she loves Marie. She's got them all over her front room and we laugh and tell her she's gonna be an old doll lady and talk to them when she's lost her mind.

Thanks for letting me in on the lie earlier than everyone else. I couldn't stand the suspense!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm one of the older sisters who probably received the table-top ironing board for Christmas. I don't even remember any of that incident... and here we scarred Julie for life!!! How sad is that?

Sorry Joobs.
Vic

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............