Friday, December 14, 2007

fabulous Friday -10 things about me meme!

I got tagged by Sarah at Soup of the Day ,she had lots of good childhood confessions there. I am running out of 10 random things about me that have never been posted before, so either i start confessing things i don't tell people OR i start repeating. this will be a little of both I'm sure. so it'll be thrilling. and yet, i have no clue who secretly lurks here? Lance's boss' wife? ward(church) friends(i know a couple do but I'm afraid there are more secretly reading the exciting tales of life at our house.) . family members? there are a couple that do, and then there might be the unknown to me in-law lurkers. so while I'd totally confess the to world unlimited deep dark secrets, i have to hold back because some stuff is embarrassing. i am torn. and site meter is no help. i have tons of unknown visitors everyday. here goes, no judging. and i have a poopy diapered kid here wandering around and I'm doing this instead of changing him, until he comes close enough to grab and change. i change the bulk of the diapers on my lap at the computer. ( caught him by the time i got to #4)

1. Last spring i went to a friend's sex toy party and considered becoming a consultant for a few months, for extra money. but decided my kids are too smart, and too snoopy to do that. my bunko prizes for the wild group are supposed to be "toys" . (gasp!) heh,heh! anyone wanna join the wild bunko group we are recruiting members.( there will be an interview to test for compatibility.)

2. i keep hair stuff in a kitchen cupboard. so it is handy to get kids ready to shove out the door. hairspray, brush, combs, gel,rubber bands, some bows. i think i might come off as gross , but i am keeping it where i use it, to simplify my life. it works for me. and it IS over by the medicine , not the dishes. or food. (and i want these fuchsia polka dot brushes for Christmas. $3.99 at Ulta)
3. the crap counter, is full. (this picture is from last time) but it has pretty much the same look. I am rad. in a super lame, lazy A$$ way. it is where i clean out the back packs, dump mail, keep my overdue library books. cleaning products. i can see a sweat shirt, if it get s put on the crap counter it sits until i purge and sort. (this is where the tardy letter is). i have been purging stuff everyday. but today. i am clearing it. promise. and i promise i won't just stick it in boxes and set it in the corner, Swear! ( because of #5)

4.i sing along to all the songs on my playlist, I'm generally loud and sometimes i DANCE. goofy.

5. I trade sexual favors to get Lance to do things i don't want to do. for example., Yesterday it backfired. i didn't want to do the overflowing sink full of stinky dishes, it was beyond my limitations as far as no place to throw up if i became sick while doing them so i thought I'd trade ANYTHING (wink, wink), for him to do the dishes, i went in made the deal for an unspecified ANYTHING (wink, wink), and later in the evening turns out the anything he wants is NOT a sexual favor. he wants all the boxes in the house unpacked(there are 3 in the dining room alone). I said , "didn't you see the wink, wink? the raised eyebrows? the "I am trading a sexual favor" look? ANYTHING! and you are picking that?" and he said ," you said ANYTHING ,that's what i want." we are so not newlyweds. so I'll be unpacking boxes for the next while don't expect a ton of blogging. see if he gets any more wink ,wink " offers "of trades. L.A.! but the empty sink is fabulous, AND he almost lost it doing the dishes, they were THAT bad. (giggle) that is saying alot. he rarely throws up.

6. i ate candy canes for breakfast today. mini peppermint style. i gave them to the kids too.

7. i love to snack on croutons, but the smell of them being eaten by someone else totally grosses me out. same with Ketchup. i can eat it but the smell of it when i'm not eating it or done eating makes me ill.

8. I prefer cheese-free food. once in High school for a Homecoming dance, I was served a twicebaked potato. and wouldn't eat it because there is cheese in them. yeah i don't eat cheese. now I'm grown up enough to not make a big deal about it(most of the time). i am still slightly embarrassed about that. so if i am ordering something for myself i will ask for no cheese(in mexican food, i do eat cheese on my pizza) but i will eat some things with cheese in it and pick it out if i can. but when i do eat it now i don't totally notice or get sick, it is just a preference. well i do get sick but only sometimes. but before i would totally gag at the thought. so i am getting better about it.

9. i buy stuff just for a small part of it or the free thing that comes with it. the other day. i bought some peppermint drinking cocoa. becuase it came with a metal scoop. turns out the cocoa is nasty, but i am thrilled with the scoop, it now resides in my sugar jar. and i kind of want to go get more just for the scoops. for the brown sugar. and the detergent. but the cocoa was super nasty. and I'm not THAT wasteful. and i might be able to find a scoop somewhere else. OR i'll wait til it clearances after christmas.

10. i can't buy a gift for someone and not offer to tell them what it is the next time i see them. if i don't tell it eats at me and i feel like i'll burst with the secret. and if anyone has purchased me a gift i am dying to know what it is as soon as they do it. and for white elephant parties? i tell who ever i talk to what i brought or am bringing, and i want them to tell me.

OK i get to tag some folks. and i am mixing it up a little. and tagging new people. i don't think i've tagged before. or totally new blog friends. the deal? list 10 things you have never confessed on your blog before. then come comment and let me know you fulfilled your part of the arraignment. so i can come read your confessions.

SO i tag...

Rob the nerdy redneck

Hope for the Hopeless-Melissa

Just Another Day in Paradise-Debra

Woodard fam-Jen

Janna

Andrea

13 comments:

Andrea said...

Love your 10s. I also hate the smell of ketchup, but I enjoy eating it w/ my food. But I LOVE cheese! Ok you tagged me, I need a bit to think plus I'm on my way to take a shower & get cleaned up, so I can go do a little more shopping for Christmas. My Mom has a $10 off coupon for Kohl's, can u guess where I'm going? ha ha :) Thank goodness Anson's feeling better, must've just been a 10hr-bug thing!

kellyo75 said...

Hilarious!! I SO wanna be part of your Bunko group!! How fun! And I LOVE that you still use "rad." I do too, and people poke fun at me for it all the time. Jerks. #5 SO cracked me up. I do that ALL.THE. TIME. Zac doesn't believe me anymore. Every time I tell him I will "DO it every Day if he would just..." he still does it...JUST in case I may follow through this time. You have 6 kids, so I guess you DO follow through ;-)

janna said...

That was fun to read!!

I think I will add the amazon thing to my 10....

AutoSysGene said...

LOL! I'm famous. I'll think about my 10 things and let you know when I put them up.

I love that you trade 'favors' for crappy chores!! I went to my first er, toy party a year ago. To say I was out of my element, would be a slight understatement. Though the rumor around town was a left with a wheelbarrow full of stuff...NICE!!

You guys need a dishwasher...besides Lance, I mean ;) Great post!!

Webb Family said...

You are one smart mama!!! I love your idea of hair stuff in the kitchen. Do you know how many times I have grabbed that stuff & did their hair in the car. I think I'm doing that in my mud room.
I also throw up when doing gross dishes! And, I love croutons!
I have gotten cute scoops in all different sizes at Smart n' Final it's been awhile but, you should check it out.

janna said...

Ok mine are now up.

Laurie said...

#5 is so hilarious!! I guess what a guy wants changes after a while:)

Andrea said...

ok, my secret 10s are done! now you can take a peak!

StrykerLOVE said...

i am glad things are looking better with the whole mean teacher thing - glad someone at the school is sane. i was thinking how stressful the whole situation is! fun to read your list

NerdyRedneck Rob said...

#5 killed me! And only you know why! :)

Debra said...

U are too funny!!!

Sarah said...

This was great! Thanks so much for playing along.

The dishes thing is too funny. And sounded like my sink (and the counters surrounding them) just the other day. I only got through have of them (because that's all that fit in the dishwasher and I hate hand washing...lame I know!) before moving on to something else. The other 1/2 plus a few new dirtied ones, now sit in there. Maybe I can pass off the sexual favors onto my husband and see if he does them for me.

I totally hear you on the buying things for just a tiny part of them. For instance, there is this box of pedicure type stuff in the Walmart "gifts for her" section that is $20. I so want it just for this tiny little nail file thing that has a curved end that works well for cleaning nails and for toe surgery. (too many grody details for that one, so I'll leave it at "toe surgery") My husband and I bought a nail grooming kit when we were on our honeymoon that had one of those little tools in it that at the time, didn't realize how handy it would turn out to be. It stayed around for quite a while, got a lost here and there but always turned back up eventually. But I sadly have to report that it has been lost again in the last year and I'm afraid it may have been for good. I also found this super cute box at walmart (in the same section) that had gingerbread scented bath stuff....I just wanted the box though...for decoration purposes! Too funny and nice to know I'm not the only crazy person to do that sort of thing!

Ooh...and I have about 50 crap counters! Ok, that is probably over-exagerated, but it feels like it sometimes!

Hair stuff in the kitchen cupboard is an idea I may have to steal! I am constantly bringing the brush, waterbottle, hairspray, ribbons, etc from my bathroom to the kitchen then returning them when I'm done and it gets tiring. I just need to buy a 2nd set of all and keep them in their own little space in the flippin kitchen already! GEEZ!

Also, I went to a sex toy party when I was pregnant with my youngest and accidentally picked up someone's cup of "coke & rum" or is it "rum & coke"? Anyway, good times!

Eeep...I should have turned this into a post with how long my comment ended up being!

AutoSysGene said...

I just put mine up if you'd like to take a gander.

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............