Wednesday, December 19, 2007

great afternoon!

5 reasons i smiled today...

1. christmas cards in my mailbox. 5 today! whoohoo. thanks friends! I love them all!

2. it sounds like we will be getting cards after all. not on pearl finish paper but that's fine by me . i like things simple and cheap anyway. like a friend said the other night, pearl finish will be beautiful but it's alot to spend on something people will just throw away. i agree. plus i had already bought the stamps. they might be more like new year cards but I'm sending some.

3. the kids came home from school thrilled with their "winter celebrations" freaking PC crap. they are christmas parties! and whoohoo for that! Paxton's teacher gave a fleece blanket to each kid! totally cute too. he was thrilled. and the bags of treats were super exciting to them.

4. the kids piled a bunch of their gifts on me! and i got to open them! whoohoo!they were so cute and totally decorated. with cute art. a paper poinsettia from Peyton with a decoupaged ball ornament.

the card said...

Dear Mom,
I love you. you are so fun and cool.
Love, Peyton

(I love to be cool in the eyes of my kid it make my heart melt ! )



I also a sequin star ornament from Liberty, and some cute snowmen and santa with a list inside, i think i have everything except a polly pocket . she'll cope.

5. the thing that made me smile the most ? 4 kids ornaments around the top of our tree. it worked out great we don't have a topper. and they are thrilled to be showcased. (smile)
my topper is 1 sequin star, 1 sequin tree, one glass ball decoupaged with love and one wooden tree with silver and gold dots on it.

i'll post a picture of the top of the tree later. someone wants a turn on the computer and since they were so generous I'll oblige.

Great day! who's day wouldn't feel brighter with that kind of love from their kids?

9 comments:

AutoSysGene said...

It's impossible to have a bad day when your little ones want to make you feel better!!

I'm glad your little ones did exactly that for you!!

Cecily R said...

Yay for kids!!!!! See, you are on the other side of your fuschia door!

janna said...

OH kids!!! Did you get mine??

janna said...

Oh, and I save my cards.
Pictures get the honor of being on our fridge!

tammy said...

That is the perfect tree topper! I save pics of my friends from Christmas cards, too. And I'm with you, my cards may be New Year's cards this year. That is the only thing I haven't gotten done. And you know I started early!

SHERI said...

Nothing better that Christmas cards in the mail. I love them too. Your tree looks great.

Micah and Jen said...

Nothing better than handmade Christmas ornaments from the kiddos....I plan to have a tree devoted just to this cause someday! And as for getting cards in the mail...THE BEST!

andrea said...

So glad you were smiling by afternoon! Hooray for the cards! FIVE in one day?! I was bummed...I got NONE today. Well, in the mail, I did get two via email!

We sent our cards out last year for Valentines...glittery snowy trees and all. This year's are supposed to go out tomorrow, but everyone is sold out of the greeting card style envelopes....ACK!

Hooray for the fun kids ornaments on your cute tree too!

Debra said...

What awesome kids you have!!! Our kids want us to open their gifts. We wait till Christmas Eve though. It is driving them crazy! LOL

I alwasy put the pictures I get on the fridge. They stay their all year.

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............