Sunday, December 9, 2007

Hot date night for Lance's Birthday.

OH yeah! super hot hot hot!


you know i am kidding right?
but here is the play by play.
so we took the hoodlums for some quality time with Grandma Jo Ann. and headed to Macaroni grill, Lance's choice since it was his birthday. he likes something called penne rustica there , penne pasta with a cheese sauce, prosciutto, chicken, shrimp, and it is Parmesan crusted. he digs it. and we had a gift card. so there was a 2o minute wait which i planned on for a trip to bath and body works for my twisted peppermint wallflower. which was sold out damn it! so i got a candle instead. then i remembered we are out of dog food and next door to pets smart. so we went there, got food for our dogs, and accessories for the bird cage. (yeah we have pets too,
2 Akc shit zu dogs, 2 random cats, and 3 finches.) then we went to dinner, and after that? we went shopping. for the house of Refuge, his family picks a charity or less fortunate family to help every year. this year they picked a house of Refuge for battered women. where they help them get on their feet, educate or train them, and they live for awhile with their kids. so, we did our shopping for it and for his mom. and the things they needed donated was, just sad. feminine hygiene products, and toiletries. they already had donations of toys and clothes for the kids there, but the moms and teenagers needed stuff. so they were asking for stuff like shampoo, and lotion. and other basics people totally take for granted. so we hit target and walmart and loaded up on brush gift sets, and shampoo and conditioner. and razors, and lotion, and chapstick, and manicure sets. basics, and sadly tampons, and pads, because when you get assistance from the state it is just for food, everything else has to come from out of pocket, and if you don't have any money, buying something like shampoo or tampons can become stressful. and these people might have nothing. so it felt pretty good to help someone else. plus the loading up on tons of great cheap gift sets at walmart. totally thrilled me. oh and while i was at target i spotted a blog friend Kylie! and at walmart? I spotted an ex boyfriend Jeremy ward! yes! i did. but this time i wasn't sure it was him and didn't go say hi. but it was totally him. which is funny for me. plus while i looked hot tonight as always, (kidding) i hate to flaunt my not thinness. so there we are. big hot date tonight dinner and shopping (Lance hates shopping on dates). and here i am blogging while Lance reads his book. so Happy birthday date for Lance. and he was surprisingly good spirited about the shopping because it wasn't my idea for one thing (except bath and body works) but we did his mom's shopping too. and if someone else wants to shop or needs him to , it is ok. plus it's a good cause. and we have done our part. and we are glad we are now in the position to be able to help.

the end.

17 comments:

Debra said...

We always end up shopping on our date night too! LOL

gladf you had a great time!

tammy said...

Fun date! Luvpilot hates to go shopping with me, too. Nice that you guys are buying that stuff for those women. I should have Luvpilot bring home the hotel shampoos and lotions he doesn't use for place like that.

AutoSysGene said...

For me shopping would have been a great date night ;)

Happy Bday, Lance!!

Jenn said...

Yeah- but how was dinner once you finally sat down? Just kidding! Happy Birthday Lance!

onehm said...

YAY!! Happy Birthday Lance...
And you guys are awesome to help out those in need.

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

Lances Birthday is on our 13th anniversary!

I was raised in a barn said...

Happy Birthday Lance! I love your new background!

Jamie said...

hAPPY bIRTHDAY Lance. We love Mac -Grill!! So neat that you could do that for others. I still do not understand how food can be a basic need for a women and a tampon isn't. This must have been decided by a man!!!!

SuperCoolMom said...

I love shopping on dates! I'd way rather spend money on stuff than on food.

Kylie said...

It was fun running into you!!! I think that was the first time I've ever seen Lance in person! It's wierd because I feel like I totally know him and then I think --oh wait, he has no idea who I am!! That twisted peppermint lotion sounds FAB--maybe Santa will have to get me some!! Glad you had fun! We were just returning a lil' quad we had bought for powell that we decided was too small and picking up some b-day presents for my niece/nephews birthday party tomorrow..so not as fun and exciting as your night--but my sister did volunteer to watch Powell which made shopping so much more pleasant!!

Jen said...

Happy belated birthday to Lance! Sorry I haven't commented, didn't want you to think I was ignoring. Love the new template! Super cute. I will get that b-a-n-k (LOL!) from you tomorrow if we go!! Thanks! Glad you guys had fun last night. And dinner out is always a plus.

TZ Crew said...

Nothing better than a bday celebration full of running errands and shopping. Thats what I do for my bday too! Its great that you were able to help out the women in need too! That is so awesome and I agree it makes me sad that they are asking for the necessities. Makes me very grateful for what I have. PS Love the background :)

Micah and Jen said...

First....yay for a date out with the hubby...NO KIDS! I am of course super jealous! :) And the charity thing was so awesome....brought tears to my eyes because my family has been there and you have NO IDEA how much those things can stress a person out....Thanks for being such great people to do this....hope Lance had a great birthday....and oh, I totally share his love of that dish...I sooooo miss it!

smithfam said...

Sounds like me kind of date night. To me it doesnt really matter what you do as long as you are with the one you love! AAAAAAHHHHHHHH! So sappy. LOL

Joni said...

So sweet to help a family in need! What a fun hubby to go shopping on his bday date! Sounds like fun!

Michelle said...

Shopping as a date night would have been fun for me. I love getting a sitter and going with my hubby to finish Christmas shoping.

careyttops or katelyn's kid kitchen said...

love your new background!!
i totally despise shopping on a "date"! but,we live somewhere without fam.....which means we're paying someone to watch our kids so we can do something not fun! if i lived in az near fam it would prob. be a different story!

oh & i love reading your blog cuz i always learn fun new things about you...like- you dated jeremy??? he's an X? wow, he's married to a high school best friend! you know so many of my friends, i keep thinking i had to have known you or met you before and just don't know it! someday....

have a fun december!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............