Sunday, December 9, 2007

Sunday dinner!

super fun! ok so my mom comes for dinner every week on Sundays and Wednesdays but for some reason she's been busy for the last week or two so she was finally coming to dinner tonight. and then apparently my sister was having bitchy Sunday. so she came along, free from her family for a couple hours. and Lance invited my fave Brother Aaron and his family for dinner. We had tacos, our fave, and then angle food cake with strawberries and homemade whipped cream for Lance's Birthday. that is his ultimate fave, i wanted to surprise him with it but he came home from his board of review early. So he knew but was darn thrilled. and he actually made the whipped cream. but it was fab. the kids ate really well tonight. we thought we'd eat in shifts because our table only seats 12 if we squeeze 3 to a bench , so we fed the kids first thinking they'd clear out fast but they stayed and stayed and ate a bunch. then they each had 2 pieces of cake. silly kids. that was 10 kids and 7 adults for dinner tonight. and we had a great time. i only know how to feed a crowd so it worked out great! the only thing we ran out of was my fabulous pico de gallo. I love that stuff, but apparently the kids did too becuase they horked it down , next time we are giving them other salsa and we'll save the good stuff for the grown ups.

and it's official my mom is spending the night at our house for Christmas again. Joy had invited her before but i totally wanted her to come and I'd be super peeved if she went and spent christmas morning with someone else. So now it is official, and really i think she should just plan on coming to my house every year for the rest of forever. it just wouldn't be the same without her. and my kids have never not spent christmas with my mom . either we came and spent the night at her house when we only had a couple, or we lived with her , or last year she came and spent the night with us at our house . whoohoo. i love to have my mom come anytime.

7 comments:

crystal said...

What a fun dinner! And what's Bitchy Sunday? I need to know the definition, b/c I think I have one of those every week! Does that mean I can come over for dinner, too?

kay said...

great that mom is going to be there for Christmas!! my sis always spends the night Christmas eve so she can get up and see the boys open their gifts from santa. EXCITING!!!

Jamie said...

Wow, what a production. I love it though too. I love having company over, especially family! How fun that your kids get share every Christmas w/ G-ma.

Claremont First Ward said...

Glad you got your mom for Christmas and that dinner was a success!

onehm said...

That was some of the sweetest stuff I've ever read about someone's mom!!

And hey, if you ever need to feed a crowd, let me know...we'll join ya!!

Sarah said...

That's so fun! I'd love to have my parents come to stay the night on Christmas Eve or go to their house. We do go over on Christmas day though and open presents and eat lunch, so that's something. What a fun dinner too! I love having family over to feed them.

Jamie said...

That's so awesome you feel that way about your mom....sure wish I did about mine!!! But I must say that I LOVE both of my mom-in-laws! Love your background:).

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............