Saturday, December 1, 2007

Pictures from Portland.

Lance reading Twilight on the plane. and get this he had to hit walmart tonight to get new moon since we don't have it and he really wanted to read it. funny. i had to laugh.
HUGE trees in the middle of Downtown were impressive to me.
HUGE! with moss growing on them.
A bridge we drove over a couple times. no idea what it's name is. Over the Columbia River- we went to some park we found on the GPS called overlook park. turns out it there wasn't much to it. but we took some pictures there. of the Bridge and the Trains tons of trains. and the river beyond the train yard.
Timer picture.

Multnomah Falls. a shot from the parking lot.
Timer shot again.
The actual waterfall , it was pretty and green.

and flipping cold at 37 degrees outside. but no actual snow, and for all my whining about the cold and the possibility of snow i was a tad bummer that there was not one flake.

ok and i wore that hat and after awhile there was no taking it off. since it dented/retarded my hair. and so i had to wear it all day. it was cuter in person, i swear. or at least i imagined it was. now i am not so sure. too late now. but feel lucky i posted any of myself. and like i said there are none of the party outfit unless someone from the party emails them but i really doubt that. We'll see, and they probably won't look decent anyway.

17 comments:

kay said...

but i love love the hat!!! too cute!!

you are defiantly a hat person!

AutoSysGene said...

I thought the hat looked good, too! The waterfall pictures are beautiful.

Claremont First Ward said...

I think the hat is cute, too. Glad you made it home safely. For some reason this year has been worse than last year for overcast and grey days. It can get to you, expecially to someone used to year round sunshine! :)

Katie said...

What fun pretty pictures! And I love the hat too! You look great!

Jenn said...

Very Cute Pictures. I love the bridge one. I love bridges!

Susan said...

I thought the hat was cute--I love hats. You always make me laugh and I love your honesty about everything! Thanks for all your black friday bargains---you make it look so fun I want to go with you.I thought it was about time I left a comment since I read your blog all the time! Thanks for making my mornings.

Amy said...

Love the hat. Portland is GORGEOUS in the summer,thats the time to go. Looks like you had fun. Love the GPS story.

michelle said...

I love the pictures! I am a Arizona gal all the way. I did live in Oregon when I was younger. I know the dreary skys would depress me now! Welcome home! :)

ZB said...

You and your hubby look darling. I love that there are pictures of just the 2 of you. You look fabulous. It may not be AZ, but it sure is pretty. Glad you are back.

Cecily R said...

I love the hat! I think you just might be a hat person!

Your husband knows how to read something other than ESPN the Magazine or the sports section? Weird.

The pictures are all... (wait for it) RAD!!

Andrea said...

LOVE the pictures! Even tho it was grey & overcast, it still looks picturesque. The pics of you & Lance are cute! I think the hat is fab!

Mo said...

Hi Julie!

It was so good to meet you in Portland! I LOVE your blog. (kind of embarrassed how elementary mine is now.) Anyway, the falls, the hat, all the photos are great! Guess what? We had snow on Sat. We went to the downtown Farmer's Market and it snowed for about half an hour while we were there. I was frickin' freezing, but it was pretty. We'll have to petition a "company party/meeting" to Portland in July. :)

I look forward to hanging out with you again!

Mo

Webb Family said...

You look so cute!!! I love the hat! You guys don't look as cold & that waterfall is amazing.

onehm said...

HEY! The hat is adorable!!! And I love the scarf too!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

i think you look cute in the hat.

love that lance is reading twilight and new moon. he has crossed over to the dark side.

Frolicking Night Owl said...

all of your driving, parking, GPS adventures sounds like us in Pittsburgh. We've learned to take public transportation (bus) if paying for parking is involved in something we want to do. Joel & the kids can take the bus for free, so we just have to pay for me which is around $3 round trip ... much cheaper than parking!

Unknown said...

I tOo am loving that hat...love the pics...I want to go there one day! gorGeOuS!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............