Saturday, January 5, 2008

blessing post # 1 out of 52

i am officially a sucker. and such a follower! I am a lemming following all the coolest bloggers i know and doing the 52 blessings. for the year, not sure if I'm just posting or scrapping. but for now just a post. the scrap page will have to come later since i am getting a late start this week.
So my blessing?

My hubby Lance
he is the best dad to my kids.
patient helpful and kind.
i love these pictures because they are so him
he can be seen any day of the week.
doing these kind of things.

he is a dad that roughhouses, wrestles, and plays. throws babies in the air and hangs them upside down by their ankles. it freaks me out but they love it!

currently he is playing Pokemon battle revolution with my boys.
it is after midnight and they are wide awake hanging out with dad.
they love to watch him play games.


he is a sweet daddy to his girls .
He tells them when they look pretty and asks to see them twirl.


i am so blessed to have a wonderful husband! one that loves me and takes me out on awesome dates. who gets along with my family and cries in the movie.

tonight we went out with Aaron and Alicia.
and went to see P.S. I love you!
I loved it and i swear he cried as much as me or more.
(he said he cried so much his shirt was wet.)
I love that he gets along so well with Aaron. we have tons of fun with them.
they are our fave people to do anything with.

do i need to list all the other wonderful things he does?
  • the dishes most of the time.
  • he helps with laundry,
  • he changes diapers and puts kids to bed.
  • he lets me go out tons .
  • He doesn't mind my all night blog fests.
  • or my eternal bargain hunting.
  • he liked my fuchsia christmas decorations.
  • lets me have a pink flowered bed spread, and fuchsia bathroom decor.
  • he lets me eat dessert first
  • cleans up when anyone throws up (including me)
  • he works hard
  • he knows a vast amount of random facts and shares the wealth
  • he took a ballroom dance class with me once
  • he lets me pick any zit i want or pull out hairs- ingrown and just weird looking.
  • he reads my blog regularly to find out what happens at our house.
  • he even misses it if it has been too long.
  • He loves me and tolerates me
Blessing #1 Lance!

21 comments:

Andrea said...

Awesome post! Great job!! Love all those pictures!! Welcome to the "band wagon" :)

tammy said...

That's a nice post and a great idea. Hmmm...may have to do this too.

michelle said...

This is such a sweet post about your hubby! You are one lucky gal! :)

AutoSysGene said...

Sounds like Lance is a keeper and he even handles fuchsia, that is someone you don't want to let go of.

onehm said...

AWESOME!

We know that Lance is awesome- you are sooooo good and tooting his horn here. I love that you appreciate him so much.
He is a great guy!


Isn't this (52 blessings) so fun??

Webb Family said...

I loved reading all your sweet things about your hubby. He sounds wonderful!

Jamie said...

I am so glad Lance is such a great hubby and daddy. Isn't it wonderful?!!

Claremont First Ward said...

Sounds like such a great husband and father.

Shannon said...

I love hearing women gush over their husbands (and vice versa). There is nothing better than a great husband - and nothing worse than a bad one! Any man who allows fuscia in his personal space is a keeper FOR SURE!

Cecily R said...

AWwwwww! YOu have a RAD husband too!!! Squeeee! for you! Love all the pictures---you guys make a great couple.

I feel out of the bandwagon loop though. Is 52 blessings one a week? I think that is a GREAT bandwagon to jump on....

Laura said...

What a great guy indeed! Does dishes,laundry and changes diapers. WOW!

Jamie said...

I just love a great hands on Dad. You are right, a great blessing and you are cool in your own right and if you borrow a fun idea..so be it!!

Audrey said...

What a great man. How lucky you are. Even if he only did half of the things he does, you'd be very lucky. Do you realize how spoiled you are?

crystal said...

That is a major list of AMAZING traits in a man! Even jut one of those traits would make him a keeper. Let's arrange a marriage between your sons & my girls--I want them to have husbands like this! :)

Wendi said...

Ahh, how sweet! I'm so glad you have a wonderful husband. You deserve it!

Micah and Jen said...

Yep....I am a sucker too and HAD to start this one...it's just too great to pass up! I LOVE this post about your hubby...it's great to get to know him better and what a great guy for letting you pop zits! :) Can't wait for the next 51 weeks!!!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

Love your #1 and girl you look HOT in that picture!!

I was raised in a barn said...

I am excited about this 52 blessings project! I love your first one, what a great man you have!

Crissybug said...

I jumped on the 52 blessings bandwagon too. I think it is a fabulous idea. Lance sounds like a wonderful person. It is great that you recognize that. Funny thing is that my first blessing is about my hubby too!

KayDee said...

What an awesome post! You are truely a lucky girl!!! I love this 52 blessings idea!! I may have to do it too:)

blah, blah by lindsey said...

your hubby is fabulous! you are such a lucky girl :)

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............