Wednesday, January 23, 2008

a thanks to the anonymous person that left me a comment.

in response to this comment-

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this all you do? I can see why your house work and your kids go on the back burner.

January 23, 2008 2:57 PM


Dear anonymous person,
YOU left me the rude, lame ass comment on my nerd score post today.
I thank you. at first i was semi offended. because sometimes the truth hurts. i tried to figure out who would be so lame to leave such a not nice comment. i asked around to people i thought might be just kidding. and to them i would flip them the bird. then i started suspecting old friends, family members, or perhaps a stranger. who made a snap judgment. based on the 3 posts i made in one day.

while I was doing the dishes, and cooking dinner i was still mad and i started to question your credentials . i wondered how many children you have? do you even have kids? do you give birth naturally on purpose? do you throw up for 7 out of 9 months? Have you had cancer? what about postpartum depression or just really bad chronic depression? how many parenting classes have you taken? by choice, just to be a better parent and to better parent your nut job kids with ADHD? parents whose kids take the back burner don't do those things. parents whose kids take the back burner actually get stuff for Christmas. and they go out all the time and leave their kids in day care. and work just to have a really nice car or a super expensive big house. not a crappy older 15 passenger van and a dirty kid ruined house. they have a nanny to go shopping all day and they go to restaurants where kids aren't welcome, whereas i ONLY go to places where there is a play area for kids. HMM back burner? really, maybe you need to read a little more before you make judgments about me.

even though today i got 6 kids up and dressed, fed, washed windows with the little kids, did 2 loads of laundry, stripped vomit bedding off the crib and washed it. and changed 3 poopy diapers and 3 wet ones. i also had the pleasure of giving medicine to a baby that pukes on command, any time medicine comes near him he vomits and spits the rest out. Oh and when that doesn't work OR he can't keep it down i "get to " give the poor kid a suppository! and while i was sitting on my ass all day blogging i was holding my sick baby. who has been sick since Saturday night and is up all night and then fusses all day. really? who are you to say I don't do anything all day? and that must be why my house looks like crap and my kids take the back burner. yup! you know me alright!

and maybe you're right to judge me harshly based on something you may have read, or a comment made elsewhere. and perhaps that is what happened but tonight i thank you. you are still rude but not far off. i realized yes i should probably get off my ass and do something. so i cooked dinner for the family with "help" from little kids who wouldn't go play. and did more laundry. cleared the table, loaded the dishwasher while the baby was unloading as i loaded . and baked brownies with my girls after i checked out what my son wanted me to see on Guitar hero, and after helping with homework for 4 kids. and i get to give a bunch of kids a shower now. and get them ready and off to bed. yeah. then i will lay out clothes and shoes and school bags for 5 kids so tomorrow can go smoother. and i do no matter what time it is before i go to bed. and after the kids go to bed is my only free time all day. yeah I'm selfish. totally on the back burner.

back burner. for sure.

OH but my house? you are entirely right about it. i can't keep up with all the paper that comes into it, or all the dirty laundry. if i do 2 loads of dishes a day there is still stuff in the sink, and laundry. i could do six loads a day and not keep up. not to mention stuff spilled or the things left around or taken out of their rightful place over and over again all day long. i can't , i am only one person. so i put back all the sauces and dressings that came out of the fridge today every time they got unloaded and at the end even thrown across the floor. i wiped up the table after the spilled cereal and the splashed in soup. and i sorted through paperwork and mail and threw alot away. but there is always more. MORE than i can do alone in one day. and i can't afford a maid. so the house will be like this for a while longer until i train the people that live here to do their share of chores, and not make more messes. and for my sanity it is easier on me and the kids to let it go or I'd be a screaming lunatic.

so you go ahead and think you know me and what i do or don't do ! hey do you want to trade for a day? if it sounds so cushy and glamorous. I'll trade ya. anytime any day. until then i will continue to blog. it is my view of the outside, my adult interaction. and my outlet. and until then don't come back. if you don't like it, don't bother coming back , you judgmental, ignorant pain in the ass. and really OWN IT! if you make an anonymous comment go ahead and sign your name. and if you have a blog? comment signed into your own account so we can see how fabulous and perfect you are. maybe you are so perfect we should come worship you and bow down at your feet . hey i am all ready to admire your perfectly clean house and your perfectly clean well groomed well behaved children! bring it!

and well if you are family? leaving the lame ass rude comment , shame on you! do you wanna pay for the maid? probably not. and really trade me. we'll see who can hack my reality! and do it as well as I do.

signed JULIE aka crazymamaof 6 .

feel free to reply with your blog address and credentials. I'd love to see 'em! ASSHOLE!

54 comments:

blah, blah by lindsey said...

what a freaking asshole. stupid anonymous commenter can seriously take a flying leap! this person obviously doesn't know you or any of your daily struggles. i couldn't what you do on a daily basis and i think you are wonderful mother! and my opinions matters, not that other person.

big hugs for you...see you tomorrow.

andrea said...

Go, Go, Go Crazymama!!! Well said, and double from me.

Love it!

Anonymous said...

Well said! I don't know who would leave a comment like that. I wonder what their kids were doing while they were on the computer reading your blog. Or maybe they don't even have kids of their own which would explain everything.
I have 3 kids and I can't keep up with their messes, laundry, and piles of paper. I don't know how you do it with 6!
I love your blog.
~Sharon
CA

Unknown said...

Well said sista! That couldn't have been put better! Well, I happen to think you are an outstanding mother...there are not many out there with 6 kids that can take such good care of them and their needs...and have them all looking so well put together all the time. I know it is tough to not let it get to you, but seriously...they obviously don't know YOU! BLow it off and we all love you! You inspire me with what you have been through and always so bubbly to be around...your'e Awesome!

Andrea said...

Good for YOU!! The nerve of some people! Why do they have to go around making negative comments to people. I mean really . . . actually taking the time to type negative stuff & attacking people. Does NOT make sense to me. YOU are AWESOME!!! You love your kids & hubby and they ALL totally love and adore you! That's all that really matters.

Micah and Jen said...

hmmmm....sadly this sounds like a person (the comment person) that I actually know that lives in AZ....I so hope it wasn't her, but wouldn't be surprised if it were....hint hint! Anyhow, you are awesome and I LOVE to read your blog and all the stuff you do for your kids and hubby and life....you are amazing and wonderful and how RUDE for someone to say something like that! They don't know you, the great person and mother and wife that you are.....what a great post on THIS comment and I am so glad you let whoever it was have it.....hope we get to hear who it was! :)

Jenn Toon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenn Toon said...

YOU GO GIRL! All I can is: Could they do your job? I'll bet you could do theirs and MORE!!

Jenn Toon said...

YOU GO GIRL! All I can is: Could they do your job? I'll bet you could do theirs and MORE!!

smithfam said...

YYYYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!

You go girl! I really wish that those people who leave those comments would not be so cowardly. Dont let it bother you too much.
Until they walk in your shoes, they need to just step off!!!!!!!!!!!

Kylie said...

It deifinitely wasn't me that left that comment...if you could see my house right now, you'd probably think yours was super clean!!! Ü Fly lady has been on my backburner lately...one of these days I might figure out how to be a mom, maid, cook, taxi driver, doctor, teacher...but I am not holding my breath! I figure we are all just doing the best we can! Just keep doing what your doing...and don't worry about what anyone else thinks...you're doing great!

julie said...

AMEN!!! to that. You go girl and you ROCK!!!!

Jenifer said...

All hail to crazymama! you told them. I was so inspired reading this blog. They are lame, I wish I could accomplish half as much as you do! you are rad, your kids are rad, your husband is rad. Maybe anonymous is jealous?

Anonymous said...

Theres a reason why people who leave comments like that want to be anonymous!

You go girl - I think you're amazing!

Melissa said...

I love your response to that mean, judgemental person. I don't know how you do it with six kids because my 4th has put me over the edge. It's plain and simple- I can't keep up. Blogging helps me escape throughout the day and gives me the outlet I need.

tammy said...

Ditto all of the above!

michelle said...

You go girl! I think you are an amazing mother!!! There is no way I could do what you do from day to day! Who ever left this comment has NO business being here!

kellyo75 said...

What an idiot! Seriously, Julie, I have 3 kids. 3. And I forget appts, and I can't keep the house clean and, and, and.... It must be because I made 3 blog posts in one day. It couldn't POSSIBLY be because I have a BUSY life. Honey, it is SO obvious that your children are very well taken care of and LOVED. I think 'he/she-who-must=not-be-named' is insanely jealous of you and your life.

I am sorry people are so heartless, Julie.

Claremont First Ward said...

I can't believe someone wrote that.....if it makes you feel any better though, you just provided me with some great laughs. You go, girl.

janna said...

the nerve of someone....

You go girl! I am right there with ya. I do not have anyone in diapers 24-7 but do have to do things for my handicapped daughter nobody in the real world would ant to do.

onehm said...

Why are people so mean? It always amazes me why people would want to hurt someone else...
Just like everyone else has said, YOU ARE AN AWESOME MOTHER. And this person is either just mean, or hasn't actually read your blog.
Because I am impressed daily by the things that you do. And you are the best at prioritizing. Your kids ALWAYS come first. I'm ashamed to admit that at times I clean my house instead of helping my kids with their "play".
Thanks for being honest with this jerk. And I agree about owning your comments. What a coward this "anonymous" is!

Jenn said...

Blogging is pretty much the only thing I actually do for myself and can call my own. Its my outlet. I'm sure you feel the same because after all the poopy diapers and all night drama not even to mention all the house work... lets not go there. It is nice to have somewhere to go that is just my own. So keep blogging and don't let one uneducated person get you down.

Oh wait... blogging is a form of journaling. Damn it!!! Even that is not our own. Yet another one of the many things WE as moms, do for our families. Document them.

Cecily R said...

I'm not going to lie or say it in a non-cursing way, your response to that comment was BITCHIN'!

Sorry people are lame. I'm impressed though Julie. You got an awesome post out of it. The blog post silver lining.

Now, go do a seventh (really? You do SIX loads a day? My family is lucky if I do one!! HA!)load of laundry you lazy woman you! :)

AutoSysGene said...

Wow, looks like you have a stalker. See that just means that your blog has arrived! Your famous!! Don't give this person a second thought, they don't deserve a bit of you time...

Amy said...

WOW ! Someone had BIG you know whats . You have one more than me and I still feel like I fall short. Kids ,house , hubby, then all the WONDERFUL everyday life stuff. YUP, this person is a A@#$%&*. Have a better day.

Love,
Amy

Jen said...

Seriously? Nice that they have the "annonymous" courage. Lame. I agree with everyone else. You rock!

Allison said...

Okay, I am one of those stalkers that has been mentioned on here, but I am not the anonoymous person.
I am not one to say anything, for I myself have a long ways to go. I just enjoy seeing what is happening in everyone's life because I can't see everyone everyday, otherwise my life, family, home, etc. would be on the back burner. Having blogs helps all of us to stay in contact with others.
Julie, we appreciate your sense of humor that you bring to all of our lives. You have a writing expertise that many of us do not behold. And many of us admire that about you. Thanks for hanging in there with all of us. Who knows one day you could be a famous author and then 'that person' would be really sad what they just said yesterday because you won't let them have a book and charge them quadruple.
Good job on all your accomplishments.!!

Janeen said...

I think that person must be jealous because you are so popular and have so many friends. I hope you don't let them ruin your blogging! You know I think you are funny, awesome, and that your kids are lucky to have you as their mom! Love ya, Janeen

crystal said...

Wow. You said it all--PERFECTLY. And I laughed so hard how the number SIX was huge at the end. heeheehee

You care about and focus on what's really important, and I love that :)

And just so you know: I love! that you post so often! If you slow down, I'll be depressed. Your blog is the FIRST blog I check (and I sit down to read blogs a LOT, so take that, anonymous). I know I can count on my crazymama to have a post to lift me up & make me giggle.

What would I do without you????

crystal said...

Anonymous is a bitch.

(i can say that because, after all, this IS an R-rated blog--*snicker*)

tammy said...

So dinner and a movie tomorrow?

kay said...

YOU ARE MY HERO!

KayDee said...

I echo everything that others have said! You amaze me! How does someone else have the right to judge someone else like that? I dont get it! Mean people suck!

Thanks for the happy birthday comment;)

carlo said...

wow! what a day to hop over from crystals crazy mixed up blog... loved your avatar so i wanted to check it out

this is the first time i am popping over but wanted to say

ROCK ON

and yes, I totally agree with your clean house = wasted life picture.

as i have told my family and my in-laws, my priorities changed when i had my girls and a neat and shiny house isn't even on the priority list anymore!

clean, mostly.
tidy? not often.

it is lived in and it is a FUN place to be.

crafting, blogging and making memories with my girls = a lot more fun than cleaning...

glad to find another mom who feels the same.

Stina said...

why??! WHY do people have to be like that??!

i know! they took your nerd test and was so highly offended they had to lash out! the truth hurts??

no, i just wanted to let you know that i have stumbled upon your blog on numerous occasions while blog hopping and i truly enjoy reading yours. you are doing a fabulous job! trust me, i know! i may only have 3 kids at the moment but i am the 3rd oldest of NINE! (my youngest sib is 14) and my sis-in-law has 7. there are way too many cruel and insensitive people that don;t have a CLUE what really goes on!

Sarah said...

Well put! I hope they feel ashamed for their ignorance!

Laurie said...

Woa, I can't believe someone would leave such a rude comment!! I love your reply post and you are awesome! You are obviously a hard-working mom of SIX!!!

Frolicking Night Owl said...

well, looks like you're getting more good comments than bad ones. you're right ... blogging is an outlet. i love it. and isn't it perfectly acceptable to let your house go when you have small children, if that's what you choose to do? my house certainly isn't as clean as it used to be! it's not worth it to me right now. i have to have a certain level of cleanliness to keep myself happy and after that, i don't care as much these day. more fun to play with kids!

donna said...

wow i can't believe someone would post such a rude comment.

Rock on Julie! :)

Anonymous said...

"Hey girl, all I have to say is...

***YOU ROCK!!" I am a friend of Kelly's at Home is where the mom is. I love seeing your comments and feel like I already know you. Come by and visit me too. I would love to have your presence at my blog;-))

"LOVE YOUR BLOG GIRL...YOU ROCK!!"

Smiles,
Jeannene
(Love Conquers All)

ZB said...

40 comments...Wowzers. Maybe we can get you to 100! Seriously, this is the reason that I have comment moderation. I only like it when people say nice things about me. But I think that you answered that persons...comment.

You are amazing. None of us could do it any better than you! hope you have a great day! loves.

Are You Serious! said...

Before I read this post I had to read the dorky post that caused all this... Holy wow!!! I only have 4 and my house is a constant wreck. My 3 little ones can take my house from perfect to a crap hole in 10 seconds fast I can't even imagine having six of them to mess it up. My oldest has jobs but the 3 little ones can only do so much. I can't wait for them to be older just to make them work! :)

Mr or Mrs Anonymous go pound sand!!!

Becky said...

Julie- As comment #42 I think it's clear just how much your friends love and support you. I hope reading all of these helped you forget about that LOSER!

Debra said...

Ok girl... you ROCK!!! You need to be the spokeswoman for mothers with large families!! LOVE this post!!! How the hell do they expect ONE mom to keep a house clean with SIX (or FIVE in my case) messing up after we clean it up????? And not to mention adding ADHD to the mix!!!! It's like asking a 1 yr old to get dressed in the morning for school. Day in and day out. ADHD sucks big time.

Love your post. Girl! Keep rocking!

Ruth Anne said...

Is that person serious?!?!

Hey, I would rather have a messy house and play with my kids than have a perfect house, but let the TV entertain my child. I think a messy house shows a sign of life. Yes, I would like a clean house, but normal people don't have maids.

What a bitch! I know you have said you want more children. Anyone that loving doesn't put their kids on the back burner, especially when you know how bad pregnancy is for you.

I laugh that it was was listed anonymous. They are only anonymous because they are ashamed of themselves. Take responsibility! Why the judging! Someone that loves their live doesn't go around being so judgmental.

Sorry so long, but I think you are a great mom because you know that you need a break (ie blogging) to gain your senses. When I spend a few seconds on myself, I can be a better mom.

Wow, what a bitch.

kellyo75 said...

I came back to read it again and I noticed more than one person said, "Bitch" and I just wanted to be a part of the crowd. So.....

WHAT A BITCH!!

Webb Family said...

WOW this is what I get for missing a day of blogging! I loved everything you told this RUDE COWARD! This person is probably not a very happy person & just can't believe how mean people can be. I have told you this before but that's what I love about your blog is how real you really are! Love ya!

Wendi said...

Cyber HUG for you! I'm really sorry someone hurt your feelings. I think you are such a nice person.

Lisa said...

48 comments?! Don't mess with Crazy Mama or you'll have to deal with us! At least have the balls to leave your name. What a coward!

NerdyRedneck Rob said...

On one hand I am glad you gave the jerk wad the slapping around he so richly deserved. On the other hand it is a shame to see the loser get way more attention than he than a loser deserves.

Who knows, maybe if his mommy paid more attention to him he would not feel the need to jerk others around. At least he might have had the guts to not post anon.

Janan said...

WOW!! I have missed out on a lot! Needless to say, that made my day a lot more exciting!! Way to tell it to them. Julie, I am jealous of your kids, but have NO IDEA how you get done what you get done, and am actually surprised on most days you aren't a lunatic . . . . the way I see it, you can't take your house with you . . . but you can take your family. So, who cares what the house looks like, who cares how clean it is, are you kids loved?? Do they know you love them? I believe yours do!! So, HOORAY FOR YOU!!!

I was raised in a barn said...

51 comments!?! must have struck a nerve with many people out there! You go girl!! I bet that person feels pretty stupid!

SHERI said...

I am not sure if there is anything left to say after your 52 comments! It is so hard not to let those rude comments get to us. I hate it when people are judgemental. Good for you for standing up for yourself.

jayna said...

dear jule. LOVED that response to the anonymous. LOVED it. i love your blog and just want to say that i have never seen your house, so i wouldn't know what shape it is in, but it's hard to keep MY house clean and i don't have ANY kids. i guess i am more concerned with actually LIVING my life. which is what you do. i'm constantly amazed at how much you accomplish on a day to day basis. and its OBVIOUS how much your kids mean to you. love you. love your real-ness and your energy. love your blog. hugs for you.

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............