Thursday, January 24, 2008

so enough of that.

Hmm
thanks for the loads of fab comments friends, friends that know me. friends that love me. friends that leave me nice uplifting encouraging comments. thank you! strangers too. and lurkers coming out! really i love that! If a new person likes my blog it is topic of conversation to lance and some unfortunate friends. totally narcissistic. but what can i say it makes me feel good. and makes my day!

SO, enough about that ugliness.really I'm fine, i was so over it by the time I got done posting, or before i even sat down to post. REALLY!

let's see what is going on around here?

Pierce has an ear infection, his ear started draining last night. whoohoo for the ear drops i keep in the cupboard. we have a Dr. appointment today. so that will be delightful. love my pediatrician. maybe I'll actually remember my Christmas card i had for the office. they put them up on the bulletin board , so cool! and really i see the office people more than most family members. extended family of course. well actually more than i see my in-laws too. pretty sad. we all live in the same state. and i generally see his family once a month. but the Dr.s office i see once a week. that's how it all pans outs.

so yeah going to the Dr. with Pierce.

funny. last night Pierce was coughing on some phlegm. Lance was holding him, and this was after Lance insisted that he should have milk in his bottle , when i thought he should have water in case he throws up. K? so Lance gave him a milk bottle, well i really did but he told me to. and after sleeping for a couple hours i was still up (it was before midnight) and i was blogging {gasp} . and waiting for more laundry to dry. so i could change another load. but i digress. Pierce woke up, fussy and crying. i held him for a minute but he wanted Lance so i gave him to Lance to hold while he sat watching some stupid movie in the playroom, Pierce starts coughing, and choked on the snot in his throat and PUKED on Lance. nice curdy milk vomit. totally gross, and i had to try really hard not to GOL(giggle out loud that it was him and not me.) because i was right and i had to fight to not gag from the smell. as we are cleaning it up Lance argued with me that milk doesn't thicken mucus while i said it wasn't smart to give him milk because i think it does. and then he had to shower and hose the baby down. and as soon as they were both clean and dressed again and it was near midnight THEN, i have the great idea that i am giving the kid some mucinex, and it comes in tiny granule packets. and earlier in the day i gave him some and half made it into his mouth while the other half landed on his face and kinda got up his nose. so i lost half of it and it made a mess. and poor kid had granules up his nose. plus they taste gross. so last night after the bath, i thought I'd try it again with Lance's assistance. and Man we got it in there. we had him pinned down and dumped that packet of stuff down his throat and he choked on it and threw up on Lance again. ha this time it was milky and gritty from the granules. really what were they thinking when they made Mucinex for kids, in granule form, not to be chewed and those suckers wouldn't dissolve in water. i tried another packet in water in the medicine syringe. and no dice. so yeah! vomit on Lance twice last night. needless to say Pierce went to bed with a bottle of water. AND actually stayed in his bed all night long which is a first in the last week. and the mucinex really did help, it was just giving it that is the problem.


and i am wondering why did i dress the kid in overalls and a Henley bodysuit all ready for the day JUST before i gave him spaghetti? what was i thinking? oh i tried to put a bib on him and he was Not having any of that! he hasn't worn a bib for 8 months or more. so he looked at it then started pitching a fit, and Hope was admiring it, so i let her wear it instead. i think i should change his outfit before we go to the DR. and HOPE is still wearing the bib , she's been done eating for like 30 minutes but i think it makes her feel cool. it will come off before we leave. no worries.

and that is all the fun i have going on today.

i will for sure go get a beverage at sonic. another place i see people more than my in-laws, and maybe even the pharmacy. yeah I've been going to CVS! i was totally a Walgreen's gal but recently the wait time was so long, and it is a little farther from my house. but Walgreen's does have better hours. ah well I'll keep it for back up when i forget i need a refill until after 10pm. I love 24 hour pharmacy's.


Well i better rush now to the DR. gotta change some diapers, put some kids shoes back on that had some one not 10 minutes ago, and a spaghetti outfit too. all before i can leave. good times.

Question? if you were giving out greeting cards to places you frequent where would it be?

my list-
sonic-Rob and Steve
pharmacy
Dr. office-Patsy
walmart cashiers-Jessica and Sonia
Costco employees
Barro's Pizza counter girls and Todd

yeah i know their names. pathetic!

so who is on your list?

let me know!

9 comments:

Are You Serious! said...

Having sick kids is so not fun. I used to have to tie my kids bibs on and then in double knots just so they wouldn't take them off... If I gave out greeting cards I would give them too:

Our Family Doctor (He's awesome and used to be in our ward and we actually take them a plate of goodies around christmas time)

Most all of our cashiers at walmart SUCK. We have one that I seriously wonder if she is high ALL the time. On chinese lady that likes to squish bread, etc. etc.

Our pharmacy people are really nice and always very helpful...

We have a couple of people at our Alberstons that are AWESOME...

and that just about covers it. :)

Frolicking Night Owl said...

love it! gonna do it on my blog!! i can relate...we'll stop there.

AutoSysGene said...

My doc says no dairy products when we are congested dairy actually helps to produce more phlegm. Lovely, huh?

I hope Pierce feel better soon!!

Melissa said...

my greeting cards would go to Costco, Dr. office, and pharmacy. I really don't go anywhere else. How sad. I hope your little one gets over his sickness soon.

kay said...

card list

bloom (grocery store)
target

that's about it. homeschooling will limit you that way!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

passing out cards??!!?? i love it. where do you come up with this stuff...hee hee

i might give one to my dr's office but right now i am mad at them.

see ya tomorrow ;)

Jamie said...

That is how I feel about my Dr's office too. They say "Oh we saw you pull up and are so happy to see you again. So annoying that I am always there!

tammy said...

Oh I was SO GLAD when Connor finally was able to swallow pills. He would always gag on all his medicine thanks to an urgent care doctor prescribing him the worst tasting stuff out there, when another doctor told me there was another antibiotic that would've tasted better and done the job. I was not happy for him causing him to gag up every med he took after that, when before he did just fine!

Debra said...

Seriously, I wonder what that company was thinking! Granules? It is hard enough to hold them down to take liquids!

Poor little guy. I hope Pierce feels better soon.

I have always been told no milk because it makes more mucus.

Can I just say I hate puke. I'd rather clean up a baby that has pooped up his back WITH a onesie one!!!!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............