Sunday, February 3, 2008

52 blessings project week #5- Knowledge

ahhhhhhh, the 52 blessings project. I forgot today was the day. It totally slipped my mind that I even do this. so as I've sat here thinking about it. and blogging. and Lance is rattling off more reasons we are not liking certain candidates. the things i have considered my blessings this week run the whole range. but the thing that kept coming back to me was KNOWLEDGE. my ability to learn and know things. whether it is in faith and religion, or to gain intelligence. I am blessed with Knowledge.
~
the Knowledge I have of the plan of salvation.
after President Hinckley's death, the peace and recurring thought alot of us had that he was with his wife again. and for eternity. that is huge.yes there was sorrow on some of our parts and we will feel the loss for some time but there wasn't the anguish and despair at his passing because we know where he is, he's with our Lord and savior and his sweet wife, and those that have gone before him. we aren't sad becuase he has moved on to a better place, we are sad for ourselves and the changes that will come.

~
the knowledge we have that we live in this great country
and here we have the freedom to vote and exercise our opinion.
this week i get to Vote on super Tuesday.I get my say in this process. i am grateful for the ability I have to gain knowledge, to learn the facts about certain candidates. to listen and form my own opinion and also to know that what i read right now and what the news says isn't always reality. i have the knowledge that they are giving a biased sampling of what they want me to think and i have the ability to gain knowledge elsewhere that is more factual. and that i can formulate my own opinion and feel good that I study the issues important to me . I feel blessed that I have the intelligence level and the ability to gain knowledge about this and many other things. and can discuss it in a non confrontational way. but share what i do know as fact. and step back and let you make your own informed decision. and not judge anyone harshly for what they feel is right for them.

~
I ALSO have the knowledge that we all have our own experiences and concerns in life and i have the ability to step back and let you make your own choices. and not judge.
i hear that is pretty rare. i always assumed everyone could do that but have been sadly disappointed when i discover freinds and family that don't or can't let you have your own opinions with judgment or threatening disappointment.
whether is is referring to clothing choices, decorating styles, religion or political standpoints.
I am not one to push my opinion on anyone else. but if you try to bully me into your style,religion, political view watch out! because i have my own opinion and experiences and i don't like to be pushed into yours. I'll let you state yours but you better let me keep mine too without judging.

~~~
so this was a pretty long winded explanation of just a few things i am feeling blessed with right now. but the central factor is knowledge.
~~~
if you have questions for me concerning the plan of salvation. feel free to email me. I can tell you what we believe. as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints (Mormons).
and i admit I'm not the most obvious or i like to say mormony Mormon out there, there are so many that are way better examples and more knowledgeable but if you have a question and wanna ask, feel free. i'll tell ya what i know.
~
and hey you wanna know what i think on the candidates? i tell you what i have discovered and what i think. and I won't judge you for making your own informed decision.
all I ask is you go vote if you haven't yet.
~
I'm voting for Mitt Romney . not based on religious preferences but based on a bunch of other things. you wanna know why? ask me in a email. but i am not looking to debate so know that before you get all hot and bothered. or leave a nasty comment.

~

my step mother in law actually told my sister in laws that she would be disappointed in them if they voted for a certain candidate.
I heard that last night and had to think HOLY CRAP! who do you think you are ? and who says stuff like that?? small minded pushy people.
I did let my sister in law know some things she hadn't heard before about another candidate but made sure she knew it is her choice, and i don't care how she votes. just that she does.

~~~
so there we are. 52 blessings.
and i never thought I'd be blogging about religion or politics. but here i am.
~~~
remember this was about knowledge.




11 comments:

I was raised in a barn said...

What a great blessing! knowledge is a very powerful thing. I am also excited to vote on tuesday-I try to stay open minded and hear them all out, and I am ready to vote for Mitt.

Andrea said...

LOVE your Blessing/Post!! "Knowledge is POWER!" I love that you don't judge, and I try to be that way too. It's so crazy when others are so pushy! We're not all clones, we're allowed to have our own opinions!
Woohoo~ Lance is home & you're not a single mom anymore!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Knowledge is a great blessing! I feel like you on many of these things! I'm voting as soon as it is our state's turn!

Are You Serious! said...

I'm with you on it ALL! ;)

blah, blah by lindsey said...

i can't to give my vote on tues. for some reason i feel like it is such an important event (for obvious reasons). it makes me angry that people that can vote choose not and then complain.

knowledge is a wonderful and you can never have too much of it ;)

Jenifer said...

We are so blessed aren't we? Not only are we able to have and gain knowledge, but we get to share our knowledge. Think of all the places in the world where women don't have the opportunity. Can't wait to vote either!

Laura said...

This was a great post! Knowledge is an amazing gift. The freedom to pursue and learn is also part of that. I loved how open you were about your beliefs and good for you for getting the vote out! I agree with you 110% on all of it! It's amazing to see the influence one person can have on so many, today I am renewed in my desire to be a better person too!

tammy said...

Excellent blessing and post! I'm with you, don't push me or I'll run the opposite way. I don't like to be told what to do at all.

Debra said...

FABULOUS post!!! Knowledge is amazing and one of the most wonderful blessings we have. I am grateful everyday that Eve took the fruit and ate it!!! For one we are able to be here and two... how BORING life would have been for Adam & Eve in the Garden of Eden.

WTG on voting too!! This year will REALLY make a difference!!

Wendi said...

I absolutely LOVED this post! So much to comment on.

Amen, to respecting other people's opinions. I think our world would be a lot friendlier if everyone thought the same as you.

Micah and Jen said...

Knowledge is a GREAT thing and I am soooo glad I have some that same knowledge as you...I can't imagine going through this life without it! And yahoo on the Mitt Romney thing....I agree, great candidate, and NOT because of him being mormon, but maybe because he actually has some values!!! Great blessing!!!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............