Monday, February 18, 2008

beginning to feel alot like ....A$$? nope just severe and total crap!

i know i was going to take a break but i must document the effects of the thyrogen shots.
after the shot. i started having some muscle cramping and soreness right by the injection, near the top of my sizable rump, in the muscle. and as they day has progressed , i have spent alot of quality time in the bathroom. more than my normal amount of time. and i was feeling a tad queasy. the cramping i thought might be PMS early but really? 2 weeks early? too early. so i am chalking it up to the shots. THEN this evening, as the evening progressed. i started having joint pain. yeah rad huh? i always get that when Hypo thyroid. and the muscle cramping and fatigue too. so I'm thinking the shot is working, and i will feel like A$$ in no time at all. what normally is 6 weeks of hypo hell is coming on in 12 hours and progressively getting worse. i have also decided that people that don't have that bad of a time in a hypo state, don't react alot to thyrogen.and people that have a lot of the bad side effects of being hypothyroid get all the same effects from the thyrogen only FASTER. I'm asking tomorrow. they can't reverse the effects. and it isn't really a surprise, but i was hoping it wouldn't be bad. and i'm really hoping it goes away quickly. i have no idea how long the side effects can last. but i am pretty excited i can tell the shot is working and that hopefully the test will be obvious one way or the other.

I'm still on the diet. i had chicken tonight with grilled pineapple.

and i am highly intrigued by the number of people that have been effected by thyroid cancer. either themselves, or family members. friends or co-workers. way interesting.

in other news i just finished" Sarah's Quilt" the 2nd book after "These is my Words" by Nancy E. Turner. loved it. and i started the 3rd one " the Star Garden " this afternoon. I'm glad i have these to borrow (thanks Lindsey) so i can read while waiting for my freaking appointments. and while i feel crappy and lay around. Because i do feel crappy and have wanted to lay around reading.

and even better i forgot my login to my yahoo account for thyroid cancer support group so i can't ask what people there know(like how long side effects last). i have a ton of info in my gmail archives but still easier to just ask them and they respond. i should really try to figure out what that log in is. i never go to the group anymore , and i don't use my yahoo account. but the messages forward to my gmail. so that pretty much sucks. i'll think on it.

anyway. that is the fun.

i'm feeling lame i haven't done SPT either for weeks.

or my prizes yet. after this is over i'll get on that.

18 comments:

crystal said...

I guess you are now forced to lay around and read, though, right? I have a hard time just taking it easy during the day when I'm pooped, and now you HAVE TO. So do it & don't feel bad doing it!!!

Chin up, friend. As always, you're my hero.

SuperCoolMom said...

Oh Man. Do you want me to take your little guy tomorrow during PS, so you can nap?

Crissybug said...

Yuck! Hopefully this will all be shortlived! Just relax, and take it easy.

tammy said...

Oh yuck. So sorry. That sucks. I hope the side effects don't last long.

Jamie said...

Dang!! I have watched my Mom go through similar things. She has no thyroid due to thyroid cancer. Sure hope this is over soon!!

janna said...

(((BIG HUGS)))
I have been thinking about you!!!
& you are in my prayers.

xoxox

AutoSysGene said...

I'm hypo when not on meds and I know what a serious drag it is. It's funny something as small as a thyroid can change so many things through out our body, huh?

I hope this is over for you soon!! (((hugs)))

onehm said...

I wish I had something to say that would make it feel better.
HUGS to you.

blah, blah by lindsey said...

all i can say is it will be over soon. and just think friday you can eat whatever you want and you will be done for awhile!

michelle said...

I hope this passes super quick. I think that listening to your body, and taking it easy, is smart. I have tons of good books over here, if you need more reading material. I could drop them by. Just let me know. Hugs! :)

Laura said...

I know this part is very hard. I know how happy you will be to have the scan over and to eat a real meal! I am a member of the group you mentioned. I could post your question than you will get the email on your gmail right?

My sister in law goes off her meds next week. She is not looking forward to this process AT ALL!

Thinking of you!

Are You Serious! said...

I can't even imagine what you're going through! I hope that you're able to relax and have an easing of pain and discomfort!

Cecily R said...

Crazy I am so sorry you are having such a rough go of it lately. Wish I was closer so I could at least come and play with your kids and make them mac and cheese.

Take care of yourself. I'll be thinking about you.

KATE said...

I'm so sorry that you feel like ass! It's no fun!!
My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer in October & they actually thought she had thyroid cancer too. That thankfully came back negative, so she's just dealing with the breast cancer. Seeing her go thru all this crap has been a HUGE eye opener & it has been heartbreaking to see her so sick. I can't imagine going thru that with 6 little kids! I'm so sorry!! Hope you're feeling better soon, wish there was something I could do for you!
Take Care!!

Jenn said...

Take your break hunny! You deserve it. Get feeling better soon!

Connie said...

I hope you feel better soon....try to take this time to rest up...take care.

Jenn Toon said...

Hang in there! If you need a break - let me know. Kids can come hang here and you can escape!!

Micah and Jen said...

So super sorry that the side effects are so awful for you....feeling you on the "sick to your stomach" feeling....I'll join you in your pain! Hugs for you!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............