Thursday, February 14, 2008

happy freaking valentines day to me.

yup. diet induced funk. hating the diet.
really i am not a fan of milk. i don't choose to drink it normally. i am more than happy to eat my cereal dry out of a bag. but today. it sucks. my shredded wheat is fab. it is even frosted. and if i put it frosting side down on my tongue it is even better. but it gets old. and there are sugar cookies at my house. and candy i can't have , not to mention my 2 lbs of See's nuts and chews. and really it is getting to me. 2 days so far. i have until noon next freaking Friday. and it frankly sucks. no dinner out for valentines day. and by dinner out i mean pizza or anything, I'd be thrilled with taco bell but i get nothing. i went to lunch and had a coke. the company was great. but i was dying to have cafe rio. damn it! i ate the rest of that nasty apple pie bar. left in my purse from yesterday and i was glad i had it because i forgot to grab something before i left.

the kids had a fab holiday. even though i was lame and hadn't hunted down the christmas clearance make up i got for the girls and had hidden for safe keeping so they got their treats after school. and they thought and discussed that Dad got them valentine things too. so he got them a stuffed dog. one of each color. i was so glad they had 6 different ones. the boys got tech deck mini skateboards from me.

so my already dirty and cluttered house has valentines cards, candy and wrappers all over. better enjoy them while they can because tomorrow they go in the trash.

lance is going to bake me some no iodine sugar cookies. he went to go get some egg whites only.
that is what HE is doing for me for valentines day. we found a recipe that has no milk, and we can use my special margarine instead of butter. RAD. hope they are yummy. so yeah remind me to never do this diet over a holiday with extra treats or goodies. i knew christmas wasn't a good time but it never occurred to me that valentines day wasn't either. Halloween is a no too. and also easter and thanksgiving. so that leaves the middle of the summer. next time i'm waiting for midsummer. because this sucks A$$!

and my standard retail therapy isn't cutting it either. I'm feeling poor along with deprived. that's no good. DANG!

i guess all i have left that makes valentines a decent holiday is sex. good thing i am guaranteed that tonight! TMI? like you weren't thinking it ?


Hope everyone got lots of treats, and a fabulous dinner. and hey hope you get some too tonight. if that's all i got going for me. I guess it's a happy valentines day after all!

10 comments:

Katie said...

I must be the only one not out on a date with their honey...sad. But we have all been sick with the flu at our house. SO miserable. Now I'm just pregnant sick. YUCK! Thank you Serranos for making us dinner! Happy Vday!

Webb Family said...

I'm so sorry that diet sounds awful! And, that would be so much harder during a holiday! And on your favorite holiday BIG BUMMER!
Good luck!

tammy said...

You know that's your favorite gift anyway!!

What a nice hubby to make cookies for you! I don't think Luvpilot has ever made me cookies. And to go to the grocery store too. I have to have given birth for him to go to the grocery store. He hates that place.

Holly said...

What a tough diet - sorry to hear you are having to check all the labels of EVERYTHING -

I'm sure you'll have a GREAT Valentines night!!!!!! Take care

AutoSysGene said...

LOL! And I'm not even getting that...both of us have sore backs tonight....did I just make you feel better about your diet? ;)

onehm said...

So sad! I do have to say that I was feeling REALLY badly enjoying my (free) meal and sitting there watching you eat your apple bar.
So sorry. But I'm glad that you still came. You are loved!!

Sarah said...

That sounds like a pretty boring diet! You are a trooper though. I don't think I'd last passed a day on it.

Mentioning the guaranteed sex isn't TMI...however if you'd thrown in that whips and chains would be included...that's grounds for TMI.

crystal said...

"I guess all i have left that makes valentines a decent holiday is sex."

Alright, sister. That is one ho-hum description of V-Day Sex. You need to get your buns over to my town & come to lunch with me & my (non-blogging) friend Ali. We like to trade naughty secrets.

Now get to it! Rawwwrrrr!

Debra said...

Sorry about the diet. That seriously sucks. Seriously. What a wonderful hubby to make you cookies though. Your DH sounds just like mine. No matter how much whining and crap we put them through, they stick by us and are amazing husbands. I can be so brutal to my dh, yet he still is here and still does things for me.

No V-Day sex for us. We alll have bronchitis which is going deeper into our lungs each day.

SuperCoolMom said...

Hallelujah for holiday sex!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............