Thursday, February 14, 2008

i have the sweetest husband ever!


i was feeling really down in the dumps today. near tears a few times over this lame diet. i whined to lance, i vented. and you know he was great about it. it seems like this diet is news to everyone my family included. and i said wow i guess i don't talk about this crap enough becuase nobody gets it.

then my nice domestic sister came and brought us some sugar cookies. with the message that i should freeze mine and enjoy it next week. nice thought. and i did take mine put it in a baggy and froze it but that doesn't fix today. the here and now is what i am all about.

and my sweet and wonderful husband said well i'll make you some cookies. we found a recipe that had no milk in it. he went and got whites only. and he used the special salt free, dairy free margarine. and baked me some cookies. while he was getting the egg whites he picked up a plant for my mom and told me to leave and go take it and hang out for a while. i came home to cookies. Lip shaped sugar cookies that I COULD EAT! yay! and the kids in bed. whoohooo! he is the sweetest hubby ever. and even if i whine all day he does what he can to make my favorite holiday better.

thanks Honey! i love you and appreciate everything. especially the effort and the service you show me. even when all i talk about are gifts. gifts of service are pretty fabulous too! thank you! and your sympathy and support are getting me through this. I love you! you are the best hubby ever!

18 comments:

raising4boys said...

Oh! How sweet is that! I love that you came home to cookies AND the kids in bed. Enjoy your cookies <3

Leslie said...

What a wonderful husband...Kids in bed and cooks for you...you got a big time keeper...be gratefull for that.

I think my kids are finaly asleep and its now what? 10:52... my husband was asleep before all of them.

I even had to figure out on my own how to get the internet on my computer up and going again...with enough fiddling i got it to work..

Anyway..good luck with the diet...and the test...

Andrea said...

Awwww that was so SWEET!! So, how were the cookies?

Are You Serious! said...

♥ How thoughtful!

Webb Family said...

What a sweet guy you got there! How were the cookies!? Thanks for helping tonight with the random pick, so fun!

Jenn Toon said...

That's awesome! You've got a good one there!!
So how were the cookies? Good? I'll go with ya for a coke anytime if you need to get out! Keep your head up - you'll make it! Promise!!

tammy said...

What a keeper!

Jamie said...

WOW!!!!!!!! Super thoughtful and kind:) With support like that hopefully this week will fly by!!

onehm said...

Seriously, all husbands need to take lessons from Lance!!

Jamie said...

Way to go Lance!!! So thoughtful and way to score some major big points!!! What a wonderful hubby you have!!!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

he is soo thoughtful...you are a lucky gal.

AutoSysGene said...

Wow, that's really great that Lance was willing to go the extra mile to make you feel better. Lucky you!!

Micah and Jen said...

That is sooooo super sweet! Don't you just love having the greatest guys in the world for our hubby's? How did we ever get so lucky!?!?!

michelle said...

What a sweetie! Is he teaching classes to other hubbys? hee hee! :) I hope this week goes by fast for you.

SuperCoolMom said...

That is awesome that he made you special cookies! Lance you Rock!!!

Susie said...

It ain't over till you both get your cookies! He is a keeper if he gave you cookies and made sure you could eat them too!

Get it?????Hope the v-day good parts were just as sweet!

Laura said...

I missed so much of your blog. I have been totally underwater. Anyway, I just wanted to send my well wishes to you on this blasted diet. Poor you at Cafe Rio! I love that place. I will be thinking of you till next Friday. What a great husband too. Keep up the good dieting, it will be SOO wonderful when its over. My sister in law has never been able to find salt free margerine. We have searched endlessly around here!

Shannon said...

You have one awesome hubby!!! Lucky girl!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............