Sunday, April 13, 2008

sunday summary.

craft group- i made a darn fabulous sign for my enrichment craft group. sign ups today. i made mine pink well fuchsia to go with my dressing room theme. i figure it should match my house, and be where i'll have to look at it and need the reminder. the black one is my sisters, i pirated her pictures o you can see both.

i found out today who gave me the key chain! it was SHILO! a girl in my ward. she had one and i forget that i mentioned to her to pick one up for me if she saw one. SO SHE DID and she didn't actually come in my house is was Shawn the Cousin working with Tony that day. mystery solved. YAY fun surprise.

NURSERY- pretty much sucked. Pierce cried, i asked the actual leader if she wanted me to take him and she said no. rude comments in the hall later, leaving me crying in R.S. and hall. i left early. we got pierce(he was napping in there after the crying fit. he cried himself to sleep) and he is napping . now i have to cook dinner. hating being back in this ward. RUDE PEOPLE SUCK!

yesterday's post sparked alot of comments

YESTERDAY rundown-

lance ended up not working on the house. tony called and said he needed a day off. SO lance came after the second game of Paxton's and stayed with Peyton for practice and his game .
2 hours is not bad. and Pierce was fabulous. he really liked the peanut butter m&m's . he stayed in the stroller the whole time. we think we have tracked down Paxton's team. i still have to call the league and make a stink. reminder for me JOAN, and SCOTT. i have to call those people.

i came home and put pierce down for a nap. laid down for 20 minutes. and then got up and went to my old neighborhood to pick up the vinyl for the sign. my friend out there does vinyl so i went to her. hit Micheal's craft store. and came home. spray painted my sign. i already had the paint, but i wanted everything to matched so i used the same paint on everything. VERY PINK. but darn cute. don't worry pictures later. then i went out to Lindsey's for book club - the MEMORY KEEPERS DAUGHTER movie. on lifetime. she TIVO'd it. it was way fun to sit and chat with Lindsey and Brooke and watch that movie.

i totally wanna read that book now. SO sad. and yet the Downs syndrome part strikes close to home with my own downs syndrome brother.
the whole institutionalizing them was so wrong. they are worthwhile , and smart in their own way, and loving , and kind. with special talents of their own.

anyway. it's now on my list of must reads. the movie, once again didn't follow the book exactly. and i'm always glad when someone knows what actually will happen, and tells me during the movie. i like that. so thanks girls for a fun evening!

dinner - tacos! i better get chopping that salsa. and cooking the meat. whoohoo.

29 comments:

Leslie said...

So umm...you know you are going to get alot of us, who want to buy one and make it.

So umm...How much and umm...I WANT ONE!!

Totally Cute!!

tammy said...

Totally sucks about the rude comments at church....that is just wrong! I'm sorry.

And very cute sign. I am getting so many sayings around my house, that Luvpilot is about ready to say enough! But how cute would that be as VT gifts in May? Or I may just steal the idea for my own enrichment. I am needing ideas!

Debra said...

Yeah I am SOOO loving the sign! I have SOOO many sayings in my house, but I NEED that one. Maybe in the bathroom because that is where I go to hide and that sign might remind me why I am a SAHM!!!

Not cool about nursery. I just found out that we have NO NURSERY LEADER, only 4 nursery workers and 13 kids. We also have not had one since OCTOBER!! WTH?

SuperCoolMom said...

Thanks for hooking me up to do the signs! I had enough interest to make it worthwhile, and not enough to make me panic!

I'm assuming the same woman was rude. What a wench!

Nice you didn't have to do sports marathon yesterday! Paxton's coach is sucking. You should get a refund and drop it. (He'd be bummed though.)

onehm said...

WHAT IS THE DEAL!?? That is not right to tell you, YES, leave him in to cry and then make nasty comments!
So sorry about that!!
Too bad you aren't in our ward. We have the BEST nursery leaders EVER.
We had tacos tonight too! YUMMY!
Fun to see that adorable sign. It's awesome!!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ We're so blessed with great nursery workers! I'm so sorry you guys have sucky people!

Very nice that you had help with the games!!! Yay for a little cat nap!

Webb Family said...

Those signs turned out great, I love the pink one-so you!!!
Sorry about the rude comments, mean people just make me so mad!
I hope it goes better for you next week.

crystal said...

I love the sign! So perfect for around the house.

Rude people DO suck. They'll reap their bad karma, don't you worry...

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

The signs are WAY cool! I want one!!! Sorry abt the nursery leader, but Crystal is right... she's get her just desserts!

Susie said...

Sorry to hear about rude people in church--totally blows!
The signs are adorable!
I love peanut butter m&m's, babies who like their stroller, and dad's who help out! whoohoo for you!

We had tacos lasts night too! Must have been something in the air.

Flea said...

Memory Keeper's Daughter was a very good book.

Cecily R said...

I LOVE that board!! I want one I want one!!!

Mean snarky nursery leaders are the worst. Sorry about how she made you feel.

For what it's worth, I think the fact that you get 6 kids there at all is RAD!

Katie said...

Love your signs. Sorry you were crying at church. I hate those moments. Hope you are doing better today.

KayDee said...

I love the sign!!! I want one too:)

I am sooo sorry about the nursery leader! It has to really hard! What we sow, so shall we reap, right?

Thank goodnes for hubbies that can help with the kids.

SuperCoolMom said...

Love the sign in Fuschia! I was thinking about doing sage green, but worried that the lettering wouldn't show up well enough - I'm thinking now that I should have gone for it.

Jenn Toon said...

Of course, I, like everyone else - want a sign! When you described it the other night I was really wanting one! So order an extra and I'll get you money. :)
SUCKY NURSERY! That's just lame!! Go to your Primary Pres or the Bishop on that one! WRONG!!
Sucks on the sports! My boys are both in baseball and I hate that I have to do it all sometimes and that they didn't put them on the same team!! CRAZY!

Holly said...

I love your sign in Pink, it looks great! So sad to hear about your experience in nursery - so not fun...

I forgot that book was made into a movie - the book is terrificly sad - it also is slightly a let down, you end up being very angry with the dad - I didn't see the show guess I have to see it on the re-run!!!

Hang in there!

Jenn said...

OKay- Craft= Cute. Church= So not fair! House Work and Husband= It will get done... someday! It seems like when construction starts it is always there! For everything else.... a big fat (((HUG))) But mostly for the church leaders making you cry. I am so sorry. Hey guilt can be an amazing thing. (wink wink) Make them feel bad for how they've treated you by making a point of not taking him in there and saying how unqualified they are to watch your kids anyways because they shouldn't be there if they can't handle crying kids and so on etc. I don't know. I am trying to think of what you can do. The whole situation just stinks! So sorry!

raising4boys said...

I really love that tile...I want one!! Fun for you to have such a great enrichment craft group. maybe I will show this to our R.S. We are having a Super Saturday in May and nothing caught my attention, until this!!

kay said...

love love love the sign!! so cute!!
'
i hate rude people.

i got my gift!! i'll post about it tomorrow so make sure you check it out! thanks so much!! love them!

Amy said...

I love the sign. VERY cute. Ummm where are you today? Hope you're doing SUPER ! Yes, I have to agree rude people especially at church STINK. Have a good one.

tammy said...

Hey, I saw polka dots on here for a second. Where'd they go?

Jenifer said...

Love the pink sign! I think I could use one of those.
Don't people know they are supposed to be thinking of Jesus at church, not being bitchy?!?! Bummer. Your kids are great, she sucks:]

Lynell said...

You are so creative! What a perfect reminder to have in your house. I think every mom needs a sign like that. Ü

Wendi said...

Love the signs! Can I put it on my post tonight? It goes along with my FHE post.

Katie said...

Those signs are so dang cute! And TRUE! I love it in both colors! Your easle is so cute too!

Anonymous said...

Like Leslie posted...How much?!? :)
They are adorable!

Kleinmans said...

Love the signs! They are fabulous and good reminders! Sorry about the whole nursery thing. I just try to avoid the nasty place as long as possible. Better luck next week! =)

Mamarazzi said...

i love love love your cool sign. i wish i were in a ward that liked to do crafty stuff. i swear our enrichment people suck!! i have offered to do fun things but no one is interested. what? ugh...oh well.

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............