Wednesday, August 27, 2008

deluxe randoms i'm sharing today! kid shows, printables, and halloween plans.

randoms galore. with links out the wazoo!

i know! I am SHARING THE WONDER TODAY!


Handwriting printables?
HELLO!
does your preschooler need to learn to write their name?
or practice lettering? the best SITE EVER! custom lettering printables.
it's called the AMAZING Handwriting worksheet maker! WHOOHOO

- 1st school website tracing pages for lettering.

Dltk.kids-loads of printables -crafts, chore charts, cards, worksheets, games, etc.

- Kidzone -printables, tracing pages, fun facts, worksheets.

wonder why i am sharing these links? because i spent all morning. needing some. for this child!

Hope needs something to do. due to lack of funds , she doesn't have preschool this year and SHE has been bugging me non- stop to watch TV or play computer. i generally let her have free reign but today she is a whiny MESS! and is pushing me over the edge of my tolerance. so she has to do a worksheet of writing her name before she can play computer. she took her time. traced one with me, one on her own, and colored the rest. and wandered off to play. hallelujah! the whining is over.

Lately, Hope is making me crazy! i think it's a stage. but holy CRAP! she won't get dressed ever! if she is dressed she strips and hangs out in her panties as soon as we are home. every outfit is not what she wants. she wants a dress. she wants a mini skirt. everything is itchy. she just wants to do her own thing. which is be undressed and she only wants to stay home and watch TV. She keeps refusing to go to lunches or play dates. i can usually leave her with Lance if she doesn't want to go and she watches TV or plays computer and doesn't need much help.

The other day though, she pitched a FIT about missing wow wow wubzy(the second stupidest show ever! next to Oobi) but all of us were going to lunch, so she had to come! she screamed for 30 minutes, i was LIVID! After that fit, i quickly realized Hope is addicted to Noggin and she started losing privileges so she'll figure out, she can't have fits every time she doesn't get what she wants.

**here's something Random**

while looking for images or video for those (above mentioned) stupidest shows ever, i was on Noggin.com watching Jacks big music show and found this.


do you recognize the guy singing?

i was watching it
and about 25 seconds in he starts talking instead of singing,
and i recognized him.





it's ( a bald & singing) STEVE!
from Blues clues! NO LIE!
the above is a Dorky video.

but he's not bad here.




and i personally LOVE the Dirty Sock funtime band
(the my space page has a music player! yay!) My fave song is DinoSoaring . as seen on Jacks big music show.

'Now we ALL dance!'


~onto another topic entirely~

Halloween? yeah my mom always told my sister Maria and I that we weren't allowed to talk about Halloween until AFTER school started! well school started and I'm thinking about it. and obviously talking about it. and blogging too. and buying stuff, and planning and
since people wanted to know what we were doing for Halloween for the boys?

HERE you GO!

Peyton the reader-

is going to be Harry Potter!

(thanks to my fab sister who is letting me borrow her uber fab (sewn for her child last year) Harry Potter cape? ROBE and tie. all we need are a white dress shirt, and black dress pants. EASY! and way better than paying the $44.98 i saw on a costume website because I, of course, wanted the deluxe version!

Peyton is Currently enjoying Harry Potter #5. even though the stinking library at school wouldn't let him check it out. GAY! if the kid just checked out and read #4 you let him check out and read #5. why hinder the excitement? we borrowed this one, and i have the next 2. it still peeves me! it's because it's a 7.2 on the accelerated reader thing and he hasn't been tested this year yet. SO they are limiting him? let him read it and test who cares! Sheesh!

(last year Peyton was an Elf Hunter, sporting a Legolas costume because last year he read the Hobbit, that and his continuous oh so nerdy,i mean , exciting addiction to Lord of the Rings online)

Paxton with the curly hair. is going to be.... Nick Jonas.

if we grow Paxton's hair out?

color it dark brown for Halloween?

scrunch it? i think EASY costume.

here are a few wardrobe costume options

button up shirt and tie? Vest? rugby and t-shirt?

layered polo and skinny jeans? Sneakers?



Oh and Pierce the one without an opinion yet?

is going to be ADORABLE.... in a little Asian suit.

it's gold and creme and cost me a couple bucks at Savers .

i should get one of these hats to go with it! how cute would that be? Flipping CUTE! (and yes i realize this isn't totally politically correct but you know coming here i am not all that P.C.) it's still a freaking cute costume idea.




SO that is where I'm at.

random and semi scattered today.


enjoy the links, leave me a comment

and here are some ???'S to refresh your memory on the post subjects since they were so random and because i was wordy as usual!

~what is your fave kids band? or any band if you get to listen to stuff other than kid stuff?

~least fave kids show? or any show?

~what show sucks you in every time? even when you aren't watching TV?

~do you do worksheets with your preschooler? any great sites? share!

~Halloween? when do you start thinking about?

~how do you decide what your kids are for Halloween?


have a fab day!

this week is flying by! it's Wednesday already?

post signature

18 comments:

tammy said...

Holy long post! I was going to guess Steve before I scrolled down and saw that it was him. How funny.

I still print out word searches and work sheets for Connor to do on the airplane or in church to keep him quiet. There are lots of fun sites. I'll have to email the ones I use.

Oh I have been in the mood for Halloween stuff for a couple weeks now! I am going to glitter up some fake pumpkins this year. I am so excited about that! Sometimes I let the boys decide on costumes, and sometimes I steer them the way I want, and sometimes I just find something fab and pick it up and tell them that's what they're being.

Allie Me said...

Fave bands: I'm really into The Verve and A Perfect Circle right now, but it changes often. I'm also really into Primary songs.

Least fave kids show. Hip Hop Harry. Gak!

Show that sucks me in. The Today Show. I talk about it all the time. Can you say GEEK?

I think about Halloween all year long. Allie and Zane figure out what they want to be. Bryce gets whatever I slap on him at the last minute. Until he's bigger, then I'll probably be a "little" more prepared.

Oops...I'm still signed in with Allie's ID.... --sandi

sherry said...

I knew it was Steve after about two seconds. But I knew he had left Blue's Clues to join a band, so that is kind of cheating. I read an article about it right after he left the show. Good for him, I kinda like the kid. Halloween...right now it just sounds like one more thing I have to do when I am already feeling overwhelmed. But I love everything about Fall! I love the decorations, I love the colors,I love the smells, I love the candles. Halloween, I usually just try to remember it early enough to have first dibs on my sisters' costumes. They make some amazing ones. Slacker? yes, I know;)

AutoSysGene said...

holy cow, your full of it today...random that is! I love the boys costume's.

My brain is fried and I can't spell...sheesh...this is a great comment!

Jenn said...

Well done on the costume Ideas! That is well matched! I have to go back and watch the video I read through thte rest first because I get shipped else where when I try watching video's on blogs.

blah, blah by lindsey said...

i love all the halloween ideas for your kids. peyton would be an awesome hp!

samantha has just started reading them and is loving them.

i disagree i think the worst show is wonder pets..UGH!

no clue what my kids are gonna be, amazingly they haven't asked yet!

SuperCoolMom said...

I skipped Halloween and went straight to panicking about Christmas. (The kids won't let me forget though.)

My boys have to be whatever hand me down costume in the box fits them, although there are tons of options (but all more classic than a Jonas brother ;D

Of course, Sadie gets to choose a personalized, sewn just for her, option since she's the oldest girl - LUCKY! (She's talking Rock Star/Princess and her only requirement is that she be allowed to have blue stripes in her hair.)


Too funny to see Steve rockin'!

GoteeMan said...

omagowd that was really random, but hey, you warned me at the beginning... wow... wondered what happened to steve when joe replaced him on bluze cluze.. anyhoo...

it is a good thing your daughter is yours and you can discipline, because I am telling you right now, any cutie who has such beautiful eyes and is so adorable could pretty much wrap me around her finger and get whatever she wanted - seriously - God knew I didn't have the fortitude to raise a daughter - somehow, though, i manage with my own cute sons just fine...

;-D

J/ (goteeman.blogspot.com)

KayDee said...

How funny about Steve Burns! I think he is good at anything he does. Cute costume for the boys!

I have a couple of preschool work books that I could give you for Hope! I got one at costco and the other one I got from kades EK teacher during the summer and is really cute and fun!

Cant Hardly Wait said...

STEVE?! WTF?!

goingsome said...

Our kids are into the Disney channel, so their favorite bands are: "The Imagination Movers" and, of course, "The Wiggles"

The least favorite show for me is "Ssponge Bob Square pants". The kids watch it occassionally.

Their favorite shows are "Little Einsteins" and "The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse". I enjoy "Little Einstein" too. I like the educational value with the music too.

Thanks for the cool web sites. I love the worksheet handwriting one. I am going to use that. We like the disney channel web site. Good for coloring projects, the print and color. http://atv.disney.go.com/playhouse/allshows/index.html

Halloween is just around the corner and we are already discussing it here. The oldest wants to be "Indiana Jones" and the youngest hasn't decided, so I might have a voice in that one.

Yeah for hump day. Yes, this week is flying' by. YEAH, and a 3 day weekend, YIKES!!!

Leslie said...

I don't even know where to start but that is funny you found steve..and I am totally impressed that you already got costumes figured out...I am lame and waite till the last minute. I want to make layna a costume this year...she has always been a princess and this year I think I will brake the tradition...

And yes just yesterday I printed out my 1st graders spelling words with a fancy online program...most of my kids get 100% right...he got 100% wrong...poor kid!!

Jamie said...

I have Halloween done! I got my costumes at a smokin deal from Disney. They were having a clearence sale 4 to 5 bucks a peice. Bought with a friend and split shipping. they are now hidden in the garge for safe keeping.

Connie said...

Wow, love the randoms...
I let my kids choose their costumes.
I never do worksheets with my preschool-age kids, totally not a believer.
I think about Halloween year round.
There's that fun blog...

http://www.notimeforflashcards.com/

with loads of preschool projects...it's really cute!!
I think there are worse things she could be addicted to than Noggin....we have to nip it in the bud around here as well.

Amy said...

My least favorite kids show is Yo Gabba Gabba. The show is just creepy. But I have to agree that Oobie is equally creepy.
I always wondered what happened to Steve. I never could get Caleb to watch Blues Clues after he left. He just didn't like Joe for some reason.
I start thinking about Halloween in August. However, this year we might be at the sand dunes. They trick or treat down there, weird huh? So I'm not sure what we are going to do.
I'm happily sending Carson to preschool this year. I love fisher-price's website but its for 2 year olds and younger, teaches them to count, abc's, ect.
As for me, I could watch Grey's Anatomy over and over, especially season 1 and 2. I'm not sure about this next season, it has me a little nervous...
OK thanks for letting me write a novel on your blog! LOL

Vidal's Nest said...

Ummm steve is still really kinda freaky!
I love Halloween and can't wait! I am shopping for cute decor in hopes we will be outta here by then!
Grace is gonna be a ladybug. Ethan a lion if I get his costume done in time!The others? who knows!
I freaking couldn't stand boobah but I think it is off air now. Next in line..yo gabba and sponge bob. Unfortuantly they are my lil ones fav so I am in hell often!

Andrea said...

thx for the kid site links! need to go check those out. maybe Anson will enjoy them!

funny about the blue's clues guy! haha I was going to guess him too. Looks totally different w/o the hair! LOL

LOVE your halloween costume ideas! I need to find out what the kids want to do, so we can hop on that!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

I can not believe that is the same Steve! how did you ever figure that out - I am way impressed. I'm thinking your little guy just won't be in a chinese outfit - he will be an Olympic host - maybe he could say he was there as a sign holder for the swimming or gymnastics - heehee!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............