Thursday, August 14, 2008

a glimpse into the mind of Joy.

while doing Joy's hair every morning, she talks to me. incessantly . she is a TALKER.
Wednesday morning she asked me,"Mom, if you bruised a fruit could it be healed?"
deep thoughts for a 6 year old.

and after school she kept telling me what she wanted to do (play Starfall,she's recently addicted)
and she'd say," it's my turn to play computer ! Kapeesh? "
"i finished my HOMEWORK! KAPEESH? "
"I did my chore , Kapeesh? "
"MOM,GET OFF THE COMPUTER ! Kapeesh?!"
seriously this girl is always coming up with something. it's kind of scary.

i wanted to tell her to back off and cut the attitude or she'd lose privileges! Kapeesh?

so here is hoping your fruit isn't bruised. since it can't heal itself!

and Have a fab day! KAPEESH?



3 days on time. thursday's timeliness is yet unknown. wish me luck! Kapeesh?

**update 8:48 am Thursday**

OH! 4 DAYS IN A ROW! it's a RECORD! WHOOHOOO!

and 4 days of a NICE TALL 52 OZ OF THE NECTAR OF THE GODS! it's a great way to start the day! (when Lance drops off the kids he hits the corner Chevron and gets me a BEVERAGE!)

HALLELUJAH!

it was a long summer of me doing the beverage run. i'm glad he's back in the habit. ;)


post signature

20 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

KAPEESH!! hilarious!

is this the same little sweetie with the "FaaAAANCYyyY" rotten lemon?

we still say Fancy that way in our house...like all the time. Paul does it best!

oh how i heart your kids! such love!

Mamarazzi said...

hey i haven't been FIRST to comment in a whle woo hoo!

gimme a prize...kapeesh?!

tammy said...

Cute, cute, Joy! Her name fits her perfectly.

Starfall is awesome.

AutoSysGene said...

Isn't it amazing what runs through these kids heads? Hope is the exact same way and it still stumps me every once in awhile!

Micah and Jen said...

Kids are just so funny and I LOVE that they all have such different personalities! what a fun kiddo!

Connie said...

She is sooooo funny! I love the way kids come up with those fuuny questions. She's quite the philosopher!

Meredith Ferrin said...

She is hilarious! I wonder if the kapeesh thing came from the TV show Full HOuse....I know they say that all the time.

Laurie said...

She is so cute! I love that a 6 year old is using the word KAPEESH!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

i love joy!! i miss seeing her.

onehm said...

You are hilarious! Kapeesh?
I'm pretty sure that I know where Joy gets her entertaining thoughts...Kapeesh?
:)

Jen said...

What are you doing still up at 1am!! Joy is hilarious, I am so glad I got to see her some over the summer at lunches! See you today!!

Devri said...

Kids are so cute, crap- that's why I keep having them :)

Devri said...

ps, I want to learn about the backpacks!! Have 5 girls starting school next week, and they love that Idea... and so do I!!

Webb Family said...

She is so funny!
Wow great job on being on time.
What a sweet hubby to get you a drink every morning!!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ It's funny the works kids hang on too. Lately mine have been using ACTUALLY a lot! :)

Ruth Anne said...

Oh, a soda in the morning for you!?! Now that IS love.

Cheers to getting a "working routine".

crystal said...

Nothin' better than a big old beverage delivered to your door, first thing in the morning.

That's what all husbands should do, kapeesh?

Andrea said...

She is a crack up!! You definitely picked the right name for her!

Oh and woohoo on the 4 days on time. We made it too! Almost slipped on Wednesday cuz i was up late and woke up alittle later than I wanted to. Still made it out the door on time, barely. YAY!!! These peaceful days are nice!

Vidal's Nest said...

Impressive! You are on a roll!
Joy always has the best train of thought I swear!

Janan said...

Kapeesh! I say that . . . I said it more frequently when I was teaching! It was just much faster than saying, "Do you UNDERSTAND?" I would instructions and say, "KAPEESH?" And my whole room of 5th graders would respond, "KAPEESH!" I love that word!!!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............