Wednesday, August 13, 2008

who wants a tutorial? speak up and if you are lucky i'll tell you how to go from drab to FAB all by yourself and do a tutorial




what i wanna know is...

*who is interested in a backpack redo tutorial?

*would it be worth my time to put one together? since i took pictures as i did it, i totally can . if people want one, and including a a buying guide, of what to get to glam it up! and the secrets to where i get my supplies.




GUESS WHAT! i was FEATURED on TIP JUNKIE! by my blog Friend LAURIE! again

yeah i met Lisa(Laurie's fab sister) but Laurie hasn't come to visit yet. dang it. we need to "do lunch"!

anyway. "the backpack" was featured, plus my ideas about apple soap for an apple for the teacher treat/brown nosing gift.

and note to the teacher about the best discipline style for my kids, info that is helpful, or my concerns regarding my kids at school. strengths , weaknesses, and friends they should or shouldn't sit next to. along with best place to seat them to keep them on task. or out of trouble. since my kids seem to DO THAT!

not that i have been efficient to write my notes this year, or do the soap yet. BUT in my defense i was busy restyling the lame lunchboxes instead of writing 4 notes, and making tags for the soap, plus that is a nice touch for the end of the week as a reward for surviving the 1st week of school.

and no i will probably never sell my creations. I've learned in the past selling something i make for the fun of crafting or out of love ruins the thrill of crafting it for me. and i never go back.

that and no one would pay me enough to make it worth my while.


that being said. i am always willing to share what knowledge and skills i have to teach others including but not limited to -

beading

bow making here is my Hair bow tutorial-this was the base bow (zebra ribbon) for the flower on the backpack too. just the same on a bigger scale.

blogging

shopping

yeah so just asking who's interested before i do a photo tutorial on the fab backpack refurbishing.


bonus reason for this post? i just wanted to cover up my embarrassing post for all the visiting readers. that might link through. I can't scare them off on the first visit can i?

so check that out if you want to feel superior or need a laugh it's the next post.





post signature

16 comments:

sherry said...

I love love love the backpack, and am wondering if it is reallly more cost effective than just buying a new one. Where do you get your big flowers? RR? I admit, it is cuter than a new one. If you do a tutorial, put me on your list.

Vidal's Nest said...

Yep, I'd love the tutorial too!
They should add a class at super saturday for you to teach it!

Erin said...

Me too!!! I would love to know how to create such cuteness.

Jen said...

LOL I saw that you were featured and came here to see if you saw it yet, of course you have! Fabulous! I love the soap idea and the notes too, I may have to steal that.

SuperCoolMom said...

Do the tutorial! I like to have it all written down just for posterity, plus, then you'll be able to remember the details for the next time.

sandi said...

Okay, here's the thing. I know HOW to do it, but I lack the vision, girlfriend. Seriously. Just ask Todd how un-creative I am in that regard. Sucks for my family! Bahahahaha!

AutoSysGene said...

You totally deserve to be featured. Those backpacks and lunch boxes are awesome!

Pam said...

I would love a backpack tutorial! That is the cutest thing I have ever seen!
Pam

Lance said...

Regarding: "and no i will probably never sell my creations. I've learned in the past selling something i make for the fun of crafting or out of love ruins the thrill of crafting it for me. and i never go back"
Can someone please contact me who would like to earn some money paying Julie to go shopping? Since this is all it takes.

onehm said...

LANCE! You are one hilarious fella!!


:) LOVED going to lunch with you today, Jules! Thanks for meeting me!

It does not surprise me one bit that you are being featured on Tip Junkie. you ROCK!!

Angela said...

Yes, a tutorial please. Very cute!!

Mamarazzi said...

FABULOUS!! people so see your talent and want to help spread it all over the blogiverse!! woo hoo!

i am in love with the lunch boxes. i have been trying to find one to match Jordan's back pack. i need to find one that not only matches but will clip onto the handle or something. she has NO ROOM inside her back pack (imagine 50 lbs of books) and 'wants a free hand'.

HELP you are awesome like that. check out her backpack and please tell me what to do. i am too lame to come up with a good solution.

pretty please...

Amy said...

I want a tutorial! But I have 2 boys so it would be for strictly selfish purposes...I want a cute bag, I'm surrounded by all things boy.

Webb Family said...

Of course I want to learn how to make that darling back pack!

Jenn said...

I actually did want a bit more of a tutorial, but you did kind of show it the first time. I just don't think I could duplicate your skills. And congrats on being Mrs. Featured on Tip Junkie!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

Those are the best things ever! I loved each one! Crazy Mama's got talent! you go girl!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............