Monday, August 25, 2008

Halloween costume parade...Pictures and ideas so far.

OK so , Joy's was a Dress in the girls dress section. cost $ 2.99 - 50% off = $1.50

add wings + tiara= Fairy princess

Add Tiara + sash+ heels+make-up + Hair = Beauty pageant contestant/winner -I'm thinking Miss Congeniality

Photobucket

Liberty in Dancer costume #1 red white and blue sequined sailorish ensemble. the hat was seperate, and so was the underskirt. total? around $7 - 50% off =$3.50?

needs tights + shoes + sailor hat= so cute!

the skirt thing underneath may or may not really go, but she preferred the thigh coverage. with rumba skirt. Ooolala!

Photobucket


Black and Fuchsia polkadot Pleather dance ensemble. dance costume #2. cost? $2.99-50% off= $1.50?

needs tights black sunday shoes? dance shoes and crazy fabulous bow.


could have black and polka dot wings for lady bug? or fairy? with antennae

evil fairy with scary wings?

or baton?

or roller skates? for roller derby girl?

interesting options.

Photobucket

Here is Hope's find for the day.

Black and brown furry chested kitty. Dance costume. sequins, marabou tail. needs tights and sunday shoes. or dance shoes.

i have to make ears and paint her face fancy. like Cats? or just whiskers and nose? we'll see how she cooperates.

cost at savers? $2.99 regular price not on sale today. still FABULOUS!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Liberty made me add whiskers, ears and a bow. NICE huh?

post signature

22 comments:

tammy said...

How fun and how cute!! Where is my little girl when I need one?

SuperCoolMom said...

Those are going to be the cutest costumes ever! Love you fab finds! SCORE!!!

sherry said...

Those are some faulous/sexy outfits! I hope Halloween isn't too chilly this year. Good thing you live in AZ! Love love love the embellishments! How do you do that? Nevermind. If I can't even add a link to my blog, that would surely be too complicated;)

andrea said...

Those are great! I like the pink/black for Liberty.....she could be a "Grease" Pink Lady...sorta pink anyway. But the sailor one was cute too. I love the add-ons you did....really left us with an idea for what they'll look like. Such a planner you are. I wondered why you were already doing Halloween, then realized it only in, what, 8 weeks, and remembered how I am ALWAYS scrambling to get costumes together. I need to follow your lead. I may have to hit Savers up here on Labor Day. Thanks for the tip!

Andrea said...

WOW! What a steal!!! You did GREAT! Your girls will ROCK the Halloween parade at school!!!

Love the hand-drawn whiskers, ears & bow! So fancy :)

Mamarazzi said...

wow you TOTALLY scored!!

i cannot believe the good deal goodness! i need to go shopping with you!!

oh and your girls are darling!!

Vidal's Nest said...

What fantastic costumes! Way to score girl! Wow! You need to take me there! I've never been but obviously I should!

Cecilia said...

What a great deal...You totally scored!
Way to go for starting early!!!!

Claremont First Ward said...

Are you kidding about those prices for the adorable costumes? Incredible!

Devri said...

So cute, I can't believe you got the first one for 1.50. Wow, and Tammy- you can have one of mine;)

kay said...

love the roar on liberty's face!!

waaahhh!! i wish i had girls to dress like that! looks like you all had sooo much fun. i'm jealous of your craftiness. can't wait to see the final results

Jamie said...

I usually buy the kids costumes after Halloween for the next year, but this is an even better idea! You are so creative! I would never even think of all those options and they are SO cute! Way to go Julie!

Piper said...

Total SCORE!!!!

KATE said...

Oh my word, you did great! They are all so cute, and all your ideas sound adorable! good job! Nothin' is better than a great Halloween Costume for a steal!

sandi said...

All of them are cute, but the black with pink polka dots is the shizzizzle!

KayDee said...

Wow what fun costumes, the girls look adorable! We will be heading over to savers for costumes pretty soon! We shopped there last year and my kids are begging to go back! Love it when I can get fun costumes and not spend a fortune on them.

Glad to hear you are feeling better:)

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

you are making me want to go buy more dress ups! I can't...I can't...I can't!~

But I want too!

Wendy Phelps said...

Those were so cute. It was fun shopping for them. You found some great deals. Love Saver's! Big 50% off day Monday. Hopey's kitty costume is super cute. I like the black and "fuschia" costume for Libby best, I think. Both are really cute. Joy's is really pretty. Miss Congeniality, tooth fairy, or how about Tinkerbell goes to the prom?!

Amy said...

Fabulous! I'm loving the costumes, they are so dang cute! I'm dying to see what you are doing for your boys so I can totally copy you! I'm completely at a loss this year for Halloween. Help!

Connie said...

OKay, I need you to teach me how to shop....I've never found anything like these EVER!!

Cecily R said...

You totally SCORED! Oh, how I wish I could just hop a jet for Arizona in time for the Labor Day sale!!!!

Nat Nat said...

Totally great finds. You are a genius by the way. Why can’t I ever think of these things? I so think we may have to copy you and we are so going to savers. What ya doing for the boys??

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............