Wednesday, August 13, 2008

just a few random hypothetical situations i'm curious about. **edited with confessions **

i wonder what you would do in these situations. please answer honestly. and hey no judging. hypothetical. mostly. and if the answer was to be a RETARDED IDEA, it's might be the only solution you "saw" at the moment. right? Right.

leave your answer of what you would do, in the comment. if you answer D. think of it as fill in the blank and leave your solution. ready to play?


  1. in the middle of the night. you run to the hall bathroom t0 Tinkle, whiz, take a leak whatever works , and realize there is NO TOILET PAPER in the room. and everyone in the house is sleeping. what do you do? a. yell to wake up someone who will fetch a package of TP for you? b. drip dry? C. use the scrap in the hallway you can reach if you stretch far enough, inspect it, and use it upon realizing it was just played with by your residing holy terror? d. another option? you tell me. and no there is no Kleenex or diaper wipes. that option is a NO GO! what do you do? tell me?
  2. this really is hypothetical, a kid (un-potty trained toddler) takes a crap in the tub, what do you do?
    a. call your husband to fish out the floater ? b. use a cup to capture and remove it? c. try grabbing it with a large wad of toilet paper? d. some other genius idea? share it! what do you do?
  3. you are a grown up. and 15 people just saw you walk into a store, hoofing it fast with a stroller and 2 screaming kids in tow. you pee your pants at the store in the bathroom. what do you do? a. leave immediately? b. dry off with the hand drier? c. shop around in the back of the store so you don't draw attention to yourself, being careful to avoid showing people your wet jeans and waiting until you could casually leave. D. something smarter?
  4. you are casually sitting at your computer, and you see a kid walking by with no diaper/pants on , carrying a baseball glove. what do you do? a. grab him fast and put a diaper on? b. spank him for stripping off a new diaper you just put on and this is the umpteenth time today he's done this! c. grab your camera and take a picture? d. ignore him and hope Dad or a kid will take care of it? what do you think I did? what would you do?



answer it to yourself before scrolling down .




the answers may surprise you.
if you are reading this in anything other than blogger(blog lines, google reader) please go to blogger now. to read the rest. so it doesn't ruin the fun of the secret answer! sheesh. play along.









the answers? highlight from star to star too see my secret answer. * i am a moron, and did C in each scenario*

** Edit**





after having this up for the early hours of the morning , i have to say. i thought of this post as I
experienced #1. everyone was in bed early for once in my life, and holy cow no TP! so the scrap won. and i was relieved there was one within reach.

and earlier i saw Pierce casually strolling by like in #4, he does this often, and i normally just grab him and put a diaper on, put clothes on he can't get off, or if the family is around i ask Liberty to catch him and diaper him, or Lance if he is around to help out. but tonight for once in my life i took the picture. big moment for me. cute buns, and seriously 6 kids and this is the 1st snapshot of the streaker. EVER. not to say they have never streaked. but this is the 1st picture of it. he usually goes and tries to sit on the potty or pee standing up. NO GOOD! and after i took the picture, i diapered him and put footie pajamas on.

and the others i filled in with horrifyingly dumb moment experiences from the past. you are thrilled i shared right?

in # 2 it never occurred to me to use a cup. i did snatch the kids out of the tub, and clean it quick, but, i was in puppy mode and though, log on floor , use toilet paper, and flush. it was RETARDED! and didn't really work (it's hard to grip anything with a wet toilet paper wad). upon discussion later with Lance he thought CUP too. and turns out the first post i read from Lisa was involving the same scenario while babysitting and i was impressed with her mad skills since she obviously knew the right choice and had more experience than me from babysitting, than me having a herd of kids. or at least she had the brain cells needed to come to the logical choice.

and #3 is one of those horrifying things that happens to me while pregnant (back in the day before/during Pierce) i had to go ,suddenly after standing up out of the car and yet had 2 toddlers in tow, and had to grab the stroller out of the car and get to the bathroom in the far corner of the store. you can't leave the kids alone right? i almost made it and actually "lost it" while in the stall. SO LAME! i have since learned to stop at a gas station with a bathroom, then drive to the store and save myself from repeating this experience. unloading kids and strollers is hazardous to your jeans. (and your self esteem) and yes i lingered in the back, when more than 5 people saw me walk in, it didn't want to draw attention to myself walking out soaked. and yes i cleaned up the bathroom. and tried to dry off so i could leave.




Happy Wednesday! I hope yours is FABULOUS!

post signature

12 comments:

tammy said...

LOL. You're funny.

1. Look in the trash to see if there is a scrap that would work, or b.

2. probably b. or drain all the water first and then c.

3. I know what you did - c. I'm not sure what I would do. Probably a.

4. definitely c. and I think you would do that too.

Ahh...cute little bum!

SuperCoolMom said...

The secret answer thing is totally cool! I would 1. Use the scrap, 2. Cup, drain, refill (happened last week), 3. leave at first casual opportunity, 4. probably take a pic too.

Yesterday E. got the top of a container of gel food coloring. And ate it. It was ALL over her hands and face (she is still stained). I grabbed her fast and ran to the sink to wash it off, but as I was drying her I was kicking myself for not taking a pic. (However, my first concern was saving her new dress!)

Amy said...

Ha Ha Ha! I love these.
1.look for scrap in trash/c
2.Let the water out ,then clean it,then wash the tub
3.A...then try to wrap something around my waist.
4.A

Peirce is hilarious. He's ALL boy.

Pam said...

LOL!!


1. I would probably reach for the scrap, too.

2. Just did this on Sunday night. I used a cup to capture and remove it.

3. To much effort to leave with the kids and come back at some later time. I would walk around.

4.I probably wouldn't think to take the pic, but would wish I had. I would just put a diaper back on him.

Thanks

Jenifer said...

hahahahahaha! I would drip dry if nothing was available. Yes, this has happened.
Pooping in the tub used to be a daily event around here. I won't say who. Drain the tub and then scoop it out. Hopefully it is all solid:)
I would totally run out of the store! And I would have grabbed the camera. Aren't you glad you did? Cute buns!

Wendi said...

You are HILARIOUS! I can't imagine what some of my answers would be...
Can't WAIT to see you today!
:)

Wendi said...

BTW, that was One Happy Mama...commenting as my friend Wendi!
OOPS!

sherry said...

Toilet paper. Having grown up in a family of 11 kids, I am wary of anything on the floor that you can't account for. Who knows what it has been through. So I would probably drip dry. I have had to deal with the tub situation, and have always used a cup. There is usually one or two cups in the tub, so it makes sense. Believe it or not, none of my kids have been streakers. I would probably ask them to bring me a diaper, and put it on. I have never wet myself at the store, but that is probably because I don't take my kids shopping with me! Too frustrating. I did wet myself on a ride at KNott's Berry Farm while pregnant. I tied my daughters jacket around my waist, and went on with my day. Fun times!

Ruth Anne said...

TMI

1-I take the empty cardboard roll.
2-grab it out. My body shakes the whole time because it is so disgusting. (Amazingly the bath water makes it fall apart.)
3-It depends on the mess, and what I got with me. If I can wrap an overshirt around me, that is number one. I have even been known to just buy a new outfit.
4-Picture, then wait for someone to dress them.

Vidal's Nest said...

Hahahaha!
1. Use the cardboard tube to blot then drip dry!
2.drain the tub. Let it dry out a bit thenmake hubby pick it up
3.Try using the air dryer. My girlfriends soaked through a pad at lunch one day. took her pants off in the bathroom, rinsed them out, and shopping with me with wet pants. Wow~ What a trooper~ I think?
4.Picture, for sure, then holler for someone to dress him!

Jen said...

LOL I know what I would do and I am pretty sure I know what you did! LOL!

Mamarazzi said...

you seriously crack me up. i totally picked C on all the scenarios. great minds think alike huh?!

i feel closer to you now for some reason... how special.

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............