Friday, August 22, 2008

Photo story friday- the Hose bandit strikes again.


Pierce has been a "Hose bandit" lately!



if we are leaving the house to go somewhere while i am grabbing my purse, and shoes, he runs outside, and turns on the hose! He thinks it's HILARIOUS to spray Hope, and himself , and get wet, while we are in a hurry to get out the door.

yesterday he did it THREE TIMES on one trip out the door and we were already running late! every time i turned it off he turned it back on, even when I had to take the time to find a NEW DRESS for Hope, she was not cool with being slightly wet and of course he hosed her first . so i changed her.

BUT Pierce got to go play at McDonald's slightly damp, because the genius hosed himself, I'm not changing 2 kids clothes. It's August in AZ, it was Hot, he'd dry fast.

yesterday evening he strikes again while 5 people are watching him, no one tried to stop him while he hosed himself, and 2 others . GREAT! go to pack meeting wet, dad's in charge. I'm going to girls night out! (read about that here)

this morning we left, it was un-eventful, I'm sure it was because we carried him to the VAN.

we arrive home from Lunch today. and I'm carrying 2 drinks, left over pizza, my purse, 3 pairs of shoes from the Van, and have to talk Hope out of the Van, it's too hot and she didn't want to run barefoot the 2 feet to the shade by the house, "Fine, I'll carry you, just get out of the car".

By the time i get her out, carry her to the shade and set her down, grab the pair of shoes i couldn't carry while I'm carrying her, and close the van doors, PIERCE HAS THE HOSE ON!

and he's using it as a weapon! Hope is FROZEN in the shade a safe distance away. I need to potty, and the water isn't helping.

I quickly realize I'll have to sneak by, into the house, set down my arm load of stuff, and go out and turn off the hose for the 1.3 seconds while Hope runs by into the house safely. she made it through dry, and i ran to get my camera. this kid is a NUT. it must be documented.


Hope had to strip to join him for a minute,she prefers to play out front in the hose in her Underwear. AHHHHH love that white trash feeling i get when people drive by, see my kids playing in the hose (one in under wear) and I'm out there snapping pictures.

CLASSY!

she went inside to take a bath ,

and then he turned the Hose on ME!


UGH!

and even though i was soaked from the top of my head, to the bottom of my feet,

by the time i got him to turn off the hose

the sweat was Sliddddding

down my back!

and it's a nice mild day in AZ today ,

only 102!


<span class=
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek


Mmmmm, there is something delightful about drinking water from the Hose!

post signature

26 comments:

tammy said...

That is so funny and so cute!! Can't blame him one bit -- it's dang hot! I'm laughing that he turns it on everyone else, but also turns it on himself.

ZB said...

At least your water from the hose isn't secondary right????

Okay, so thoroughly enjoyed this. It looks very refreshing and soggy. You gotta do what you gotta do when it gets that hot.

BTW, thanks so much for the nice shout out for HOPE and Believe. You are too kind and I love that you drop in. Truely YOU are RAD!

Meredith Ferrin said...

He is adorable.....how funny!

oh to be a kid again and enjoy playing in the hose and drinking the water from it!

Cute Cute

sandi said...

Too cute! Little stinker! He'll laugh at this when he's grown and prolly be more forgiving of his own kids' little misadventures :o)

Hautemama said...

LOL - So cute! You really need to change the date on your camera though!! :)

It was a nice hot day here in Canada as well - but nothing compared to 102!!

Wendy Phelps said...

Hilarious! Mine have never been that persistent. What a cutie!

Cecily R said...

That last shot is PRICELESS. I LOVE LOVE IT!

And Pierce is THE cutest hosehead I know.

Cecily R said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

He just wants to cool off! Great pictures! :)

Shannon said...

Too funny! You have to watch your back everytime you step out of the house. He's an awefully cute hose bandit though!

Andrea said...

Ahhh what a little sneaky stinker! hahaha

He knows how to cool down though!

I have found my kiddos out front messin around with the hose too! Using the sprayer to squirt each other! LOL

Lunch was FUN!!!

tiarastantrums said...

Delightful indeed!!!

Chris said...

A boy, a summer day and a hose. What else do you need?
I don't know how you Arizonans survive the summer.

Vidal's Nest said...

I need to start using the hose too! I thought I was melting today! Smart kid

Amy said...

He cracks me up. What a little stink. Gotta love the hose.

smithfam said...

What a little HOSER!!! HEHE I couldnt resist saying that. Love it! He is so dang cute. Why is it that these little stinkers are so dang cute even when they want to drive their mommas straight to the local bar???? Mine is climbing up every counter top in my house!! Turning on all of the faucets and knocking things over--PUNKS! :)

smithfam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mamarazzi said...

oh i love these pics AND the story behind it!! so FABULOUS!!

Jenn said...

Too funny- what a punk.

Micah and Jen said...

Totally hilarious....IF you aren't the mom that has to deal with it! Love the pictures you took though...they are priceless!!!! Great story for future reference on this little man!! :)

Are You Serious! said...

♥ That's funny! Great pictures! :)

Anonymous said...

How Funny!!!! Your little guy is so adorable. I don't mind my kids hosing themselves down in the water but they better not get me wet.

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

I love it when my kids play with the hose. I say - cheap entertainment. I'm sure the "green" perople would be mad but who cares right! Love all the cute pictures of your kiddos

Heather S. said...

Okay, you'll have to remind me of how old Pierce is. He sounds just like my little Thomas who just turned 2. We've finally had to disconnect the hose. He can still turn it on, but at least we don't all end up wet. He's like a little fireman. It's fun to know I'm not the only one experiencing this. Thanks for sharing.

Connie said...

I loved that!! He is so so cute, ad I love that Hope is naked but still has her fabulous bow in her hair!! The hose is a wonder isn't it??? I don't blame him. We had 104 today, but it gets to the 60's at night.

Nat Nat said...

He is so cute. Even when he is being a stinker.

Love the story and that you got such fab pictures.

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............