Friday, August 22, 2008

Fabulous Friday! desserts at girls night out! and other randoms.

the kids were only late the one day. but dangerously close the last 2 days. planning and prep are essential to being on time. lunches have to be made in advance. and clothes HAVE TO be laid out. of course both things fall to me , and often if it gets too late at night, i ignore the need and just head to bed, and suffer in the morning. luckily my lack of planning and prep only resulted in one day of tardiness in the whole 2 weeks of school thus far. yay me! awesome on-time to tardiness ratio.

i had the pleasure of going to lunch yesterday with Lauri and Sherry! and it was super fun! the kids had a fab time.

and then i came home and added google search to my blog page, and re did my google ad sense. and can i say? please! click on both, use them and abuse them ! i've had google ads for a whole year, and i have only earned $9 bucks, and i can't even cash the sucker out, until it gets to $100.
so i added the google search bar, so you can go ahead and google whatever you want from my page. in case one of my big words is confusing, OR you want to look up a grody skin condition. yes, i was thinking of you and your ease of googling anything you want to know about. hee hee!
go for it! you know you want to! use it! i need some moolah! i want a pedicure! a super cute argyle one again. when i get to cash out my google ad money, i can get one. please, pretty please with a cherry on top!

in other news, Girls night out was last night! if you know me at all in real life, OR have read my blog long enough, you know my theory on life...

"Life is Uncertain, Eat Dessert First!"

i firmly believe this.

anyway, we went to Bucca de Beppo last night as the GNO (girls night out) girls
and of course i'd already eaten dinner with my family, including my mom and brother and my little sister's family. so i was just going to order dessert...you know because life is uncertain.


and this is what i got!

no lie!



hello dessert! Do you think it was happy to see me?!

WTH? and who arranges chocolate brownies and gelato like that?

of course cameras where whipped out! "I'm blogging about this" statements were instantly made , threatened, joked about and loudly cackled about! when dessert came out, and later again when we had to giggle about the pictures. hilarious!

i SO needed a night out! so here you go girls! i really did post it! and YES! it was delightful!

and sorry we didn't stay out until sunrise! (which often happens with some of these girls) the only time i catch a sunrise is with these girls, and i haven't come home or gone to bed yet!

instead i had to Hit Walmart with Andrea for morning necessities(milk , donuts). and stuff for lunches( BREAD). honestly Lance was SHOCKED to see me come in at 1:30 am! it was the earliest i have come home in years from this group. YEARS!

so there we are. have a fabulous Friday, and remember...

"Life is Uncertain, Eat Dessert First!"

post signature

18 comments:

tammy said...

LOL - oh my gosh! I'm sure the waiter did that to you on purpose! How funny. And now I'm craving some dessert. (not that kind, regular dessert). Yay for GNO! I subbed in a bunko group last night and won! I had high score and two bunkos!

Andrea said...

HAHAHAHA you put the picture on here! I'm still laughing at it! Frickin' hilarious!!! Ben's having a hard time believing me that I was home so early! LOL

I told him I would've been home even sooner but had to stop at walmart for HIS mousse! :)

Last night was AWESOME!! Totally needed to see everyone! Thanks for riding with me & doin' the late night shopping too!

Anonymous said...

That's funny!!!!! I have no other words for such a dessert, I do have to say that dessert always taste better when you eat it first.

When it comes to school nights my hubby makes the kids lunches for me before he goes to bed, so nice of him!!!!
We run a pretty tight ship in the morning and I have to brag- my kids have never been late for school EVER, I know I only has 2 in school right now but i think it's impressive.
I think it stems from my school days, me and my siblings were always late and I hated it, it was hard for all seven of us to ever get out of the door on time.

Trish said...

Okay, that totally cracks me up. I would have definitely blogged it, too! I'm glad you did. I can't believe you stay out that late. If I go out with the girls, I usually have to skip out before they are even close to done or I'll fall asleep at the wheel. I know. Boring. But I just can't do it anymore! I think after years and years of sleep deprivation in my younger years, my body just won't let me stay up late. But never fear, I am often (90%+ of the time) up by no later than 4am. I know. Geeky. I am usually at Walmart and home by 5:30!

Amy said...

HAHAHAHA! Thanks for the laugh!

jayna said...

oh my hilarious. i laughed so hard at that picture and had to share it with the whole office. what?!?!? BESIDES the presentation.... looks yummy. i love brownies and gelato. and so fun to have girls night out.

Are You Serious! said...

♥ OH MY GOSH!!!! That's insane! :)

AutoSysGene said...

OMG, I would have died laughing, too! I love that y'all took out your cameras and decided youwere going to blog about it!

Too FUNNY!

Anonymous said...

You're a girl after my own heart and stomach!

Good times, good for you!

Mamarazzi said...

DUDE!! that is the funniest thing EVAH!

love the line "hello dessert! Do you think it was happy to see me?!"

i laughed my butt off!

ok i will clickety click your ads and you clickety click mine!! let's get pedicures!

sandi said...

x-rated dessert. hmmmm; i might just have to try that place. LOL; i can't believe that; can't wait to show Todd!

Hautemama said...

OMG - That is flippin' hilarious! I bet it tasted real good! ;)

sherry said...

mmmmmm....Hilarious! I am so glad you brought your camera.

Wendy Phelps said...

I can't believe that! How funny! What was it called. Talk about a conversation piece...

Vidal's Nest said...

Oh My!!! Thanks Julie, I needed a good laugh. And boy was I over that post!
I had fun at lunch yesterday! We'll have to do it again soon!
have a fab day!

Jenn said...

Good greif!

SuperCoolMom said...

ROFLOL!!! So bummed I missed it. But you know what they say, "Go to Enrichment, Get to Heaven."

Nat Nat said...

HAHAHAHA! That is the funniest desert that I have ever seen! Can't I serve that at a bridal shower? It is sooooo tempting. HA HA HA Thanks for the geat laugh!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............