Sunday, August 24, 2008

Shaq, strep and baking cookies.

holy cow! lotsa sleep this weekend.

yeah i totally took the day off Saturday. and read in bed, napped, whatever all day. Then i took Liberty to a Birthday party at STRATUM laser tag. and guess who happened to be there?

SHAQ! (apparently he was there for a party too. he was wearing a tank top and standing at the consession stand)

yeah i totally wouldn't have even noticed for the 1 minute i was actually there, but the birthday girl and a pack of 3rd grade girls , recognized him and went to say hi. Liberty only says she saw a Phoenix Suns player there. she isn't all that into sports or celebrities.

I killed 2 hours alone, and actually dropped her off at the party, THEN went to run get the gift, and dropped it off, and then picked up some food, and read in the car. picked her up, then went home. read some more and napped again.

i woke up in time to put 6 kids in bed, and hit walmart for monday stuff, and sunday basics.

and i got the Chocolate pudding and butterscotch chips to make THESE COOKIES!

heavenly day! thanks for posting the recipe Crystal and thanks for sharing it Suzanne! i've been craving them since bunko at your house!

i baked them tonight and they were FABULOUS!

oh. i woke up this morning with that Oh so familiar feeling of STREP THROAT!

man that SUCKS!

i haven't had it in a LONG time , as far as i can recall (i know i had it last Halloween) . and i hate it! OUCH! the hot burning throat feeling, and the sharp stabbing pain like Knives are ripping something in there every time i swallow. it's red, there are pustules, it's not cute. and i slept alot today too. i guess "i get to", go to the Dr this week. :(

ugh! so i better go get the stuff in order for the kid morning routine, and hit the hay.

oh and i'm not even close to done with my book. seriously no book has ever taken me this long. i keep falling asleep, and sleeping like the DEAD while I'm reading.

I'm about 680 in, out of 1166 pages. oy! the things i do to keep Lance happy.

and hmmm. i guess that is it. not much else going on.

have a fabulous monday.


post signature

20 comments:

SuperCoolMom said...

So, are you enjoying it yet?

Cecilia said...

Yay for a lazy saturday! Good for you!

kay said...

sorry you're not feeling well. i hate strep!

so is shaq as tall as he looks on tv? i'm 5'2" and always wanted to stand next to someone 2 feet taller than me!

yummy cookies! i may have to get the boys to make those

Micah and Jen said...

Nice lazy day and sorry to hear about your strep....NO FUN! Hope you get feeling better and good luck finishing that enormous book!

AutoSysGene said...

I hope you feel better. Get yourself to the doctor ASAP, huh? :)

sandi said...

You get to go to the doctor THIS WEEK? How about TODAY? Ouch! Don't wanna let that sit. That's the worst. Hope you feel better very soon. -s

sandi said...

You get to go to the doctor THIS WEEK? How about TODAY? Ouch! Don't wanna let that sit. That's the worst. Hope you feel better very soon. -s

Amy said...

Sorry your sick, that sucks. Mom's never seem to have time to get sick, do they? Well, get better soon! Maybe you can get your book read while your trying to get better :)

Cant Hardly Wait said...

those cookies sound delicious. i am supposed to be on a diet, but... mmm...

onehm said...

That stinks to be sick...and on a school day no less, too bad it couldn't have hit over the weekend, then you could have really enjoyed laying in bed and taking some vacation days!! ;)

Cool to see Shaq though. That would be AWESOME!!

Cecily R said...

Strep is the devil. I HATE it when I start to feel it coming on. UGH.

Hope you're feeling better.

And OH how I wish I could come over and steal a cookie or two...or ten.

KayDee said...

Not Fun being sick! I hope you feel better soon! Step is the worst! We have something going on around here! Sore throats, rash, fever and sinus infections! The doctor says it is a virus that is going around!(thanks to school starting) I thought it was strep but it wasn't! It is always good to get checked out by the dr just in case!

The cookies sound really yummy! I think I might have to make some for FHE!

Kristen said...

I was just thinking this morning that I should make some cookies. That recipe sounds really yummy!

The boys said...

NO books that big for me!! By the time I got to the end I would not remember the begining. Tooo many interuptions!! So sorry about the strep throat that is a killer. Miss M brought some cold bug home and gave it to the babies. Nothing like three runny noses to make a Moms day!:)Hope you feel better soon!

janna said...

you should have got a cell phone picture of Shack! LOL jk

Get to the DR and get some rest!

the cookies look yummy too

hugs

Meredith Ferrin said...

k....I'm making those cookies as I type....they smell so good!

Thanks for the recipe and I hope you feel better soon!

Jenifer said...

No pictures of Shaq? I'm shocked! I hope you feel better, that sucks.

Are You Serious! said...

♥ Right on lots of sleeping!!! YUCK on the strep! That sucks so bad! I don't think I would be able to keep reading that book! I can't handle the BORED and falling asleep thing! :)

Vidal's Nest said...

Yummy cookie recipe! I love lazy saturdays too!

Connie said...

The things you do to make him happy, but man are you lucky that you can lay around all day and not have them all bug you???? Totally unheard of around here. Good luck with that book.

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............