Tuesday, December 16, 2008

catching up-spelling bee+birthday cake for breakfast+christmas tree+ singing group= busy+pictures

this is in backwards order. just roll with it. it's long. there are videos. of kids singing. take them for what they are worth. down at the end you hear about the retarded things that have been discovered so far at my house. there is always something. ENJOY!

the spelling Bee. Peyton came home last week and said he was one of the representatives in his class doing the spelling Bee. it was today. we hadn't practiced.
i asked about it. but it wasn't as urgent as playing video games all weekend. last night he tried to get mad at me for not making him practice.

the quote "Lack of planning on your part, DOES NOT constitute an emergency on part."came to mind. i used it as my status on facebook for a minute last night.

but on the other hand i was worried for him. that he'd loose and be scarred for life and never participate again.

Paxton, Hope and I went to go support him.

he did great on the practice round, and his first real word was Treason. which he spelled great. then he got rebellion. he heard rebelling. the definition is the same essentially,
so that didn't clear it up. and he was out on the second round.( i have it on video but i'm not sure it's nice of me to post it. so i won't . )

being the sensitive guy he is, he cried. he's always kind of a poor sport. and not the most graceful loser. life is hard.
maybe he learned his lesson and next year he'll put in more effort in to practice. he's only a 4th grader. he's got a couple more years to try. i'm impressed he was brave enough to even get up and try. ( i would never have done that in elementary school) a 5th or 6th grader won.


Photobucket
Photobucket
~~
before the spelling Bee. Paxton had cake for breakfast.we put a candle in it and sang.


~~
SATURDAY-
The girls had their singing group christmas performance
bright and early. we barely made it.

my mom came too.
Liberty, Joy and Hope
Liberty waiting to say her part.
Hope and Joy



~~
and here's the christmas tree. i got decorated just in time for family night here last week. it was attacked all week. balls knocked off with anything that could be used as a bat. ornaments stolen. and Oh don't mind the smudges on my lense.


~~

so i think i'm all caught up. with the exception of my cards, my craft projects and cleaning.
hmmm. it's one of those weeks.

Paxton had a marvelous birthday. we started out with cake. then spelling bee. then shopping at one store for webkinz, then another. and then a store for me(just getting a couple CUTE shirts and copying a friend,thanks Jaime). and then 2 stops to the video game store (looking for a game that is eluding us.)picked up kids meals at burger king(per his request) and we came home and played guitar hero. together. and then picked up the big kids from school.
we went to our fave place for dinner/happy hour . it's our birthday tradition to go to mi amigos for everyone's birthday. my mom came too. i forgot the camera. but took tons on my camera phone.
then Paxton had his baptism interview with the bishop. and then we went and got the little girls from grandma's house, and dropped the 3 big ones off to hang out for a little bit.

things i didn't take pictures of, but are worth a mention
...(mostly because they make you glad you don't live here amongst the madness)

1.
the (dried now, but previously wet) toilet paper wads stuck to the bead board in the downstairs bathroom wall. i'd seen some on the mirror the other night after bedtime when i was yelling at kids for being silly and loud and not in bed, the next day i discovered 3 more on the wall behind the door. DORKS LIVE HERE!
(i'd wanted to take pictures but haven't gone down there with the camera)

2.
there was an oil spill on our driveway this afternoon. Lance had changed the oil in the car last week. and left the used oil storage thingy (that's the technical term right?) full over by the garbage cans. today as we were leaving for dinner we discovered Pierce had dumped it all out all over the driveway. since,We aren't environmentally friendly... (we hosed it on down the driveway into the street. lucky us it was raining or it would have been worse) "look i see rainbows" Hope noticed oil has the rainbow effect as it gets washed off the cement. so pretty. and uber classy! i just need to embrace the white trash lifestyle we live apparently.

3.
some small child thought it would be a great idea to get into my craft supplies i forgot to put away the other night. they started with flinging buttons all over the dining room floor. then moved on to spilling the fray check (glue stuff you put on the ends of ribbon so it doesn't fray) a whole bottle poured out on top of a plastic lid (thank goodness it wasn't the tile or the wood bench).

4.
we smelled a burning hot glue smell. all afternoon. wonder what that smell is? look around. hmm i can't see anything...
OH a hot glue gun was plugged in all day? in your bedroom Hope? GREAT! glad no one got burned or started a fire or anything. seriously not safe . sneaky turkeys!

5.
another time, (my little devil again) dumped out a whole bag of mini marshmallows out in the bottom of my oven. they are still in there, i meant to take a picture before i cleaned it out. i need to do that before i forget and go to preheat the oven and have a mega mess to clean up. i'm thinking the shopvac will take care of it nicely.

so i think that's it for this week so far. it seems to go in spurts. this is not a rad week for kid mischief.

anyway. LONG POST! sorry.


any rad mischief happening at your house. do you have evil elves posting as children? or would it be children posing as evil elves?

i think maybe i should call Santa and take with up with him.

only 3 school days left. UGH! i'm so behind! so little time and so much to do!

post signature

12 comments:

janna said...

Love music, the tree, and you are lucky nothing caught on fire!

is the tree real?

Cake for breakfast YEAH!

Tell Janie I wish I could go and meet her, but only if it's with you....

janna said...

I posted my crap on my blog go see before I delete it.

Are You Serious! said...

♥ Dang on the spelling bee... I suck at spelling... Great pictures! :)

michelle said...

Your tree is great!!! Good work! I'm glad that you found the glue gun! We have has a thing or two, or three...like that happen at this house. Always a tad scary. I am glad Paxton had a great day. He sure is a cutie.

kay said...

oh the marshmallows cracked me up!!!

poor peyton. he is getting so tall! he looked like a little man up there!

love love love your tree!!

email me with your facebook info. i'm on there too. i'll make you my friend! :)

Amy @ Six Flower Mom said...

The tree looks great and sounds busy and fun around your place! I hear you ... my kids always seem to be three steps ahead of me in the 'disaster making' category! Oh well, I guess I can never say I am bored! A magical day to you!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

I love to hear about your days. Such adventure! Hope you have a great one today. I'm a busy bee myself - I hope I get my list done today!

AutoSysGene said...

Love the tree. Very nicely done!!

sherry said...

Love the tree. Your girls have such great names for holidays;) That is some serious kid mischeif! Yikes! Glad nothing burned down. At least that mischeif wave is over. Now things should be calm for Christmas....

Micah and Jen said...

I seriously don't know how you do it all! I am so scared for when all my kids are bigger....it's easy right now! Your tree is so festive and original...LOVE IT! :)

onehm said...

You are hilarious! You are also the bEST at journaling the daily "stuff". And I LOVE reading about it...

Andrea said...

Your tree is gorgeous
Cute singing kiddos
Happy Birthday Paxton!
Peyton did good in the spelling bee
(they threw some strange words at the kids)
Fun seeing you at school
Marshmallows in the oven? Did someone want s'mores? LOL
My cards design is done, but I need to print them all out.
Need to buy envelopes to mail them.

I'm behind too. Laundry. cleaning. cards. boy haircuts. teacher gifts. etc etc

I MUST get stuff done tomorrow!

Good Luck getting your stuff done too.

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............