Sunday, December 7, 2008

a couple more pictures from the torture session. and more random reflections.

ok here are a couple more shots ONEHM sent me.

"the brothers"


and this is a big reminder why having 6 kids is hard.
here it is folks. perhaps the best of the bunch of the whole group pictures. (she just did a quick perusal)

it seems they forgot where they were supposed to be looking and where they were supposed to be. UGH! and you can't tell here pierce was a turkey the whole time. all happy clapping fun. maybe if i stare at it long enough , i'll forget the hellish torture of getting pictures, and remember this one moment frozen in time.of Pierce happy. clapping. perfect.

~~

it's times like these , (and there seem to be many lately) that it becomes blatantly obvious that having 6 kids is not that easy. normally i go merrily on my way thinking everything is just peachy keen and lately it's like there is a FLASHING SIGN telling me

"six kids are hard".

raising them, affording them, dressing and feeding them. definitely getting pictures with them, and even little stuff like buying matching christmas Pajamas for them.

I WAS TELLING LANCE THIS, AND HE WAS LIKE ,'DUH!' WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CLUE? YOU ARE JUST NOW REALIZING THIS?

and most of the time i don't notice. i isn't a huge deal. just lately there have been certain things. making me think like that.

what would i do? too late now .


and then i look at this special friend,

MAN HAS SHE GOT IT TOGETHER. her house, her 7 kids, her christmas decorations! and i wonder, what is wrong with me? she makes it look so easy! gosh i admire her!

and then i get a little depressed about it.

but hey no time for self pity. i have stuff to do. always more to do. gotta keep moving. keep on keeping on!

on another note...

I started to do the tree tonight(with Hope's help everyone else had gone to bed,Lance was keeping me company) , and then we remembered that we have to put the ribbon garland on first. underneath the ornaments. right? so we took it all off. and then i realized i'd forgotten to fluff the branches. duh! Lance said he'd noticed and wondered what i was thinking. clue me in next time genius. obviously i wasn't operating on a full charge?

so tomorrow. it's happening. i have to get the boxes of decorations out of the front room. so the tree will be decorated by 4:30pm at the latest. that is the plan. everyone is coming at 5:30.

i made my sugar cookie dough tonight. tomorrow i need to cut and bake the cookies. and maybe make more dough.

my mom is bringing the frosting. homemade butter cream. DELIGHTFUL! maybe if i'm ambitious i'll whip up some cream cheese frosting too.

and every family is supposed to bring 2 dozen cookies too. so we'll have plenty and i won't be baking for 24 hours.

i DON'T have time for that.

and again i wonder what got into me to take this on for more than 40 people . at my house again.

what? am i glutton for punishment?

i must be.

i could have had an easy night of just going to the temple lights, and doing hot cocoa. but NOOOO i wanted to decorate cookies. and write letters to santa, AND do the cocoa and temple lights.

i'm retarded.

but we're making memories. and i get to enjoy some delicious homemade cookies. and my favorite hot chocolate (from scratch, not some nasty powdered pouch)

YUM!


post signature

17 comments:

Jen said...

LOL! How I love your posts! The comment about your little turkey and clapping his hands cracked me up. Oh and the whole tree decorating fiasco! I'm dying. SO sorry all is piling on like that. The pictures turned out cute if you ask me! Good luck tomorrow. I think you do an AMAZING job and am often in awe at ALL you do in 1 given day!

The Sports Mama said...

Ya know....

If you happen to find yourself holding some extra cookies at the end of the night...

You might remember that we live in the same state, and really aren't that far apart.

You might. :)

Mamarazzi said...

giiiiiiiiirl remind me to never visit your friend's blog. it makes me feel seriously LAME! wowzer. she has it T-O-G-E-T-H-E-R... please tell me she has helpers.

wow!

the kids are darling. love the pics!

Micah and Jen said...

5 kids is hard....I don't know how you do it!!!

Rebecca Irvine said...

Making memories is important--hard but important. At least your kids will have good memories.

The Muller Gang said...

I think the picture is great! Sometimes the not so perfect pictures are the best, you can look back at it and laugh and recall the day. I give you props girl, I have 2 kids and they drive me crazy!!!
Have a great week!

Unknown said...

Yea, I agree, a lot of kids is hard.
But then I look at others who seem to do it so well, and I feel lame.
But I'm glad I had them all and am really craving a baby right now. (I thought I was suppose to be over that at some point!) I think you do an awesome job!

Amy said...

OK so I only have 2 kids and my house isn't decorated and I haven't had their pictures taken together for over a year! So, I'm a complete LOSER mom! Oh and I'm having the dessert part of a progressive dinner at my house on Tuesday for the RS Christmas party. And I can't even bring myself to look at the other blog because of my ineptness! Oh and I'm totally coping you. Cookies and letters to Santa for FHE today! Girl, YOU ROCK!!

Vidal's Nest said...

Love the pictures.
Six kids IS hard. Some days (or weeks for me even ) are harder!
I think I may go grab some chocolate and hunker down in the corner for a good cry now after looking at your friends blog. She and I are from another planet I swear. I so wish I were one of those kind of mom's. I just don't Think I will ever be! Sad. So. So. Sad!

Lori Thompson said...

JULIE!! I look at you SO MANY TIMES and wish I had it together like YOU! Life is crazy busy, but you make it look fun and easy. Thanks for always being a GREAT example to me!!

Anonymous said...

I know that you'll pull this off without blinking an eye. Just remember to have fun, that's what it's all about!

Can't wait to hear all about it! ;)

Aaron said...

I like how liberty and joy managed to both look in opposite directions, it's like you had 3 people all in different spots saying "over here"

sherry said...

DArling pictures. I know it is hard with them all so young. You know my mom had 11 kids in 15 years, right? One year my mom decided to videotape the process of getting our family portrait done. Funniest.video.ever. You should try it. I have to tell myself that people who look perfect aren't really. Even if they are. Or they have other challenges I don't know about.

Hesses Madhouse said...

Julie, you're AWESOME! I love how you keep it real. Yep! I'm with you, 6 is tough.

We're going to be tortured this Friday evening, so we'll see how it goes.

You have beautiful children, and you're just the BEST!

Ali Hawkins said...

Julie
You are to kind. It is kinda funny thouth I have been thinking those same things lately. Is think it is the economy. All of those kids no matter how much you cut back, it is still expensive! The other funny thing is I baked dozens of sugar cookies today to decorate. Have a good day! Julie don't be jelous of my house, I am just a freek about it and can't do anything else unless it is clean and put together. It is kinda a curse cause I can never relax.

Andrea said...

Hi Julie!!! I hate my freakin' internet! My computer hasn't been connecting for the past week! Arrrgh! I feel like I've lost a limb or something! Today is the first time I'm able to even look at a single blog...and YES I picked YOURS!! I feel so out of the loop! (i[m only online cuz I'm hijacking Ben's computer for a few minutes before he comes back in here - tee hee)

oh my gosh!! Your pics turned out SO CUTE, even if they are not all looking at the camera at the same time. Mine do that ALL the time. I'm just happy they're all in the frame & not running around! haha Love all the denim too!

Hope you're having fun with your family tonight!!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ I have a really hard time with 4 I can't imagine trying to add 2 more to that! :)

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............