Sunday, March 8, 2009

How to scale a wall . By: Pierce


Pierce want's to share his new skill with other kids out there.
Here is a short tutorial on
how to: scale the block wall in the backyard.

(suitable for ages 2 and up.)

First push your cozy coupe ( or whatever car you have in your yard) up to the wall

and climb up the side to the top,
( screw sitting in it pretending to drive, that's for babies and girls)

now that you are ON Top of your car, look over the fence to see what there is to see,
look for geckos on the wall and just enjoy that height
or let the wind blow through your hair...check the area around for annoying adults or dogs.

and proceed with the climbing up the wall.
bare feet are best for getting a good grip on the block wall.
Once you get a knee up pull yourself up the rest of the way.
and balance precariously on the top.

the END

Note: this trick is best practiced while mom isn't around to pull you off the wall , you won't know how high you can get with her constantly pulling you off the wall.
Wait until dad is babysitting to maximize your skills.
~~

(this is the point i had to rush forward and pry him off the wall before he either stood up or fell over to the other side , so the pictures ended here)

and again here it is on video with me asking if he's going to climb the wall again

climbing on top of the car and stomping


me encouraging it so i can get it on camera, then scaling the wall


it ends when i rush to grab him again.

that's all i need is my 2 year old falling off the block wall over to the neighbors side. SHEESH! i had to pry him off the wall 5 or 6 times Saturday!

i lured him away from his spider man wall climbing practice to the backyard swing.


I didn't mind hanging outside pushing him on the swing forever
because i was thoroughly enjoying the smell of the orange blossoms .
DELIGHTFUL!
i've been driving everywhere with my windows down so i can maximize this time of year the perfect weather, and the LOVELY smell of the citrus blossoms!
AHHHHHHH YUM!
in other news....

i have to say i'm glad we have another week until spring break.

Then ,i had the puppies listed in the paper this weekend and sadly, we only got 4 calls and no lookers. bummer!

i'm still looking to sell those fluffy bundles of fun.

they are freaking adorable right now. really playful and happy. chasing the kids around, following everyone , barking and rambunctious. the kids are in heaven. I'm of course totally over the toe licking and ankle biting . not to mention i'd love some spare money.

if only people would come look they wouldn't be able to resist them.


post signature

9 comments:

Rebecca Irvine said...

The orange blossoms smell so good! Love it! That Pierce sure keeps you on your toes.

Frolicking Night Owl said...

somewhat scary if a neighbor has a pool!! my sister used to get her toes in the grout and just scale the wall ... the neighbors found her in their pool once. scary!

Anonymous said...

My kids did the exact same thing as Pierce! They would use the car to get into the neighbors yard and vice versa. My only worry was the wheels moving while they were mid stance! Oh well!

My two citrus trees are blooming like crazy! I hope I get fruit next year from them. I think one is an orange and the other a tangerine.

Kimm

onehm said...

OOOOH I love this time of year!! Bummer on the pups...

And I WON'T be showing Gigantor this tutorial. He has enough climbing skills, thank you very much! (but the post is quite creative!!)

Lori Thompson said...

I was totally laughing at Pierce. Boys will be boys! :)
And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the blossoms! I am sitting here imaginging the wonderful smells! YUM!

SuperCoolMom said...

Talk about skilz!

TZ Crew said...

I love the play by play, too cute! You have a brave little boy...watch out!!

Amy said...

AHHHHH...I was just in Mesa last week and thought I died and gone to heaven. I miss the orange blossoms. Heck who am I kidding I just miss Mesa. Pierce is a dang crack up. Love it!

Ruth Anne said...

I love when the kids climb and they get stuck! haha. Serves you right little kiddos.

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............