Monday, March 9, 2009

Who knew 4th grade research projects were so much work for mom?

AH! Monday. the day before Tuesday.

Tuesday. the day Peyton has ELP.

Monday. the day we have to do Peyton's ELP homework that is due on Tuesday.

regardless of the fact that it was assigned Last Tuesday. or 2 weeks ago for a special big Research project on a planet including a poster.and a model of a fictional alien.

who knew a 4th grade ELP project could be so freaking time consuming.

i worked on the model with Peyton ALL AFTERNOON.

3:30- 5:30 with helpers crowding around, and talking at me. and begging to play with Clay too.

holy crap! i had a flaming huge headache from the talkers. and the clay stealers.

THEN we got to do the poster. UGH. Lance helped thankfully. i was over it before we started the dang poster.

we finished around 10:00 .

i even used glitter. for the red outer layer of MARS.

the inner crust was black glitter.

and i photoshopped the illustration of the alien model . instead of drawing it.

Peyton was impressed with my photoshop skills.

AH. glad this project was over. holy crap .

who knew 4th grade ELP was going to be so hard on me??

all these freaking projects. LAME! LAME! LAME! for mom.

sure it's good for Him. and he's gaining skills that other kids won't get until 6th grade on doing research papers , but man, being a supportive helpful parent BITES!

sure he knows how to use word perfect better than i do. and he can conduct pretty impressive research all on his own.

but making the model out of polymer clay and baking it to his specifications took patience. more than i thought i could muster today.

i'm just glad we got it done. that it is self supporting and FINISHED.

(Peyton's alien and description from the poster)

This is a Korg from the Planet Mars.

this is a scale model of a 12 foot alien.

it has silver colored wings, a heart shaped head, 2 pointy tall ears, 2 hawk like eyes,

2 sharp visible fangs, 4 arms, red skin to camouflage, and 2 strong legs.


we used sculpey III and skewers, to fashion our alien. baked according to directions to harden.
then i added the tinfoil and skewer wings that were hot glued on.


all i hafta say is...

we better get an A on this freaking project!



post signature

9 comments:

Devri said...

ok I love your new header!

And I sooo know how you feel on research projects!

Rebecca Irvine said...

The alien looks great! I have been thinking of having Katie tested for ELP--but maybe I shouldn't. I don't know I could handle any more homework myself.

Amy said...

Oh yes! We (me) just did this two weeks ago with a science project. Fun times. Hope he makes the grade.

jayna said...

um, that is amazing. you rock. lol. i love it!! hope he gets an A too! er, i mean i hope YOU get an A!

SuperCoolMom said...

Turned out great! Nothing like a project with 5 littles wanting to help.

Cecily R said...

I just cackled reading your last line about WE better get an A....heeeee heeeeee!

Cecily R said...

Oh, and LURVE your new look!

lifewithquads said...

Alien looks great!!

I hear ya' on the headache with all the little talkers. I sometimes tell mine that if they don't give me at least 5 minutes IN-A-ROW without talking that my ears will start bleeding. LOL Too bad that doesn't work either.

Daisygirl said...

haha that is great, yep he better get an A!! Reading this totally shows me whats in store for me in a couple years!!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............