Sunday, May 10, 2009

the good , the bad and the unshowered tales-the reality of my mothers day.

DISCLAIMER: this is long winded, as most of my posts are . it is also positive and negative. so don't judge it by all you see in your reader. or you may miss out. if you only wanna read the cute stuff scroll to the bottom where is says CUTE/FUNNY STUFF. again if you skip ahead you might miss something good.

ah mothers day....

it was blissful for the most part.

well, the parts that weren't typical . everyday normal mom crap. (fighting kids, yelling husband,messes etc.)

sure i shed tears more than once. (sometimes for happy reasons but all too often for sad,pathetic, or bitchy reasons.)

i think it has something to do with my hormones being outta whack (it's been a WHOLE week of PMS). mixed with the expectations for the day.

I had breakfast in bed around 9am(that's kind of early for me, but that means the hubby hauled his rear out of bed way earlier than he normally does, so i should be grateful) . Yup i'm grateful!

it was a breakfast consisting of Pancakes which the little girls shared with me(meaning ate it all) and sausage(he cooked links though and i prefer patties, so i told him and he remedied that situation pronto) .

BUT what happened to that request for Dr.Pepper and doughnuts? i was a tad sad it didn't happen. apparently he missed that memo?

I received DARLING cards (joy's survey answers were pure genius. I'll post that in a minute because holy crap she is rad sometimes)

Paxton gave me an awesome beaded bracelet he made at school . i wore it all morning.

Liberty made me a flower pen at school, and a yarn wrapped hanger at my moms. plus cards.

Hope gave me a penny out of her own wallet "so you could have more money Mama." (poor sweetie wanted to give me something but she missed the shopping trip the boys took and she isn't in school so she didn't have a craft or a card like the others) the gesture made me cry. she is DARLING! just so you know!

the FAMILY (the boys went and got it but it was from everyone) gave me a new watch.

I'd wheedled the details outta the kids. before hand.sadly it doesn't fit. so i need to see about adding some links? or exchanging it. darn it.

Lance took the girls and got me flowers. a bouquet, and a potted azalea. and a 64 oz Dr.Pepper.

Joy picked Tulips for my mom, and as soon as they got home, Pierce was ripping petals off.(NOT RAD, and induced yelling by someone other than me)

i dropped off mini roses and cards to my visiting teaching ladies (since i never got to the mayday thing).

i bawled about getting ready for church.(really bawling) not wanting to go.

i told my mom i hate mothers day (well...the whole Sunday factor anyway)

i didn't have time to shower. (actual tears)

i did my makeup in the car like every Sunday.(wanted to cry)

the girls looked A-FREAKIN'-DORABLE! ( lots of people told me so which makes it better.)((GRIN!))

my cards i made for the hubster's primary kids printed retarded making them imperfect.which bugged me. (but the mom's that got them were impressed , according to him.)

the load of whites never got switched over yesterday so finding underwear for everyone was difficult. (I cried over this as i was switching the load a half hour before church)(Hope wore a pull up)

the after church pictures were ridiculous. imagine getting a decent picture of 6 kids. and me . either they were being retarded or i look like crap. or maybe I'm just too prideful (or fat), but either way, they probably won't be seen.

Dinner was FABULOUS! hello BARROS! best idea ever! we had pizza and boneless wings. (somehow breaking the sabbath makes me giddy)

sure the kitchen and dining room were no cleaner than yesterday. in fact they were worse. but dinner was good. and no effort. yay.

we finished just in time to go to my mom's for snack night. she was even late to her own house. hee hee.

we visited. i chilled. Lance supervised the kids. i only reamed two nephews that were jumping on grandma's couches.

my sisters and i mocked our mothers day cards from my dad. he didn't even write on mine. his "Partner" did it all,or he has TOTALLY DIFFERENT HANDWRITING SUDDENLY. so i lean towards the partner theory. and you know that bugs.but it's more funny than anything. at least he sent a card. (one year he shafted me,ONLY me) and the sentiment on the card is cute. but SERIOUSLY? geeze dad!


um yeah so before church it wasn't going so well, after church it was miraculously better.

i did happen to buy myself a new dress yesterday. (didn't even try it on) and luckily it was cute-ish. as cute as i get anyway. i had jewelry on hand. same pedicure as before. and old shoes.

in the end it didn't matter. because i didn't get to shower. yes i love that.

the kids and hubby all had baths and showers. everyone had nice freshly groomed hair. and then there was me . feeling sexy. and by that i mean feeling like a mom in every sense of the word.

we know mom's don't always get showers, or freshly done fabulous hair. they don't always get time to do their make up leisurely. sometimes we have boogers smeared on our shirt. we get over it. and move on. the kids fight all day. people yell. it's normal. average. standard. why i expect perfection on a day like this i don't know.

back to reality.

Tonight i got nailed in the nose with Pierce's noggin (it's pretty much a daily thing that the kid hurts me in some way, it makes me tough) . he got in my purse and ate my chapstick (mmm minty fresh) and he drew on the wall and himself with a marker. Awesome.

the hubster read in bed today- this morning (while i worked on his cards) , during bath time. and after we got home and when he was finally done talking to his dad on the phone (talk about long winded) , while kids avoided staying in bed, while Pierce bugged me and made messes.

the CUTE/FUNNY STUFF?(that doesn't make me sound totally bitchy)

Hope was funny after dinner when i was trying to get people to clear the table they told me no. i said,'sure mom i'd love to!' hoping people would get the hint and do it. and Hope piped up and said ,
"It's not I'D LOVE TO DAY, it's MOTHERS DAY!"

she is so damn cute.

~

Pierce was in love with his card he brought from Nursery, of course he didn't want to actually give it to me, it had his picture on it, so it's his. of course! HE is FREAKING ADORABLE when he's not making me crazy.

~

and Hope was THRILLED to give me her card her primary teacher (hubtastic/I) provided, i don't think she realized i made it. which made her excitement even cuter.

~

i just decided i looked damn hot for not getting a shower.

of course i am damn hot! even after having 6 kids. at least that's what i tell myself.

(as long as i'm not looking at a picture. or in the mirror)


OH and best part of the day? blog comments. i got some RAD ONES from AWESOME Blog friends. and they made me feel SO GOOD! and almost made me cry. (there was some dampness in the eye area.)

they were that sweet.

SO thank you girls for the AWESOME COMMENTS it meant alot to me.


HUGS FOR YOU!

yep so that's it. all of the good , the bad and the unshowered tales of my mothers day.

i hope you are posting your tales. the real versions, not the sickly sweet ones.

if you aren't posting them for fear of getting busted, email it to me i'm dying to hear all the details.

and if yours was just complete perfection can you tell me how you got that?

what magic universe do you live in? are your children ROBOTS? have you hypnotized your husband? i need to hear your tricks.

or was it all in the attitude?

because In that case i have to be honest, that is less impressive than having robot kids and a hypnotized hubby.

i'm just sayin'!

TGIO (thank goodness it's over!) this blog post and mothers day. until next year....



post signature

© 2009 crazymamaof6

8 comments:

Melody said...

Oh Mothers Day why do we even have it? Makes me wonder! Love your post.

Hulk Granny said...

I slept in. I got yelled at. End of story. Oh, I had pie cutting duty at church, 2nd year in a row. The ward went all out for the ladies. Banana creme, chocolate creme, strawberry, key lime, and lemon merangue (sp?) pie was plentiful, and I rocked it hardcore.


Not quite the end. I did take Shan out to California Pizza Kitchen (CPK for the initiated), and it was delicious. Yes, breaking the sabbath produces a euphoric effect.

~Lori said...

If they got the watch at Dillard's or wherever they got it, go see if they have any extra links. Alot of times they will have a box of all different ones that they have taken off of watches. I went to Macy's and got one for my watch because it wasn't clasping right and happened to find the exact one I needed in their extras.

Daisygirl said...

Wow what a day...overall not too shabby!
Love the bling watch!!!!!!!
Your Pierce sounds a lot like my Reece....reading about all his mischief makes me wonder what the next few years will be like with my Reece(he is 18mo)anyway....
Glad your day went pretty well and you got your yummy pizza!

Laura said...

I loved your "real" tale. The good and the bad. I also had a attempt a great day. My husband did help the kids make breakfast. The mess, however, is still here today. I hate that. He always won't let me touch it but it seems stupid since it will be here for me touch on Monday. I try to lower my expectations. There is no day off. I did baths, hair, and cleaned. I gave myself the gift of watching a few shows before church though.. Paid for that, when my twins (being unsupervised by their dad) tore Jacob's class picture in half (right through his face). I cried.

All in all it was a good day. My kids made me cry with all their excitement of giving the gifts and love.

tammy said...

I love Hope too. What a sweetie.

Okay, I made mine sound more perfect than it was. Major cramps and feeling nauseous & shaky right before it was time to go to church, but couldn't stay home because I play the organ and didn't want to find a sub right before church. So we came home right after Sac. Mtg. And Luvpilot forgot to give me my cards until like 6:00 last night. And only handmade gifts to open, but he did tell me to go buy the mirrors I want for my bathroom. So there is that. I've found that when you don't have high expectations then you can't be disappointed. Expect nothing and anything is great. That and I read a blog about a woman who will never be a mom and it made me sad and just thankful that I have my two boys.

crystal said...

And this post, my friend, is why i love you.

Yes! I have expectations for the day also. Which always result in emotional crashes. Ahhh, well.

I broke the Sabbath yesterday, too! hahahaha

Love you.

onehm said...

I'm so glad that the day turned out okay in the end...and I'm so excited for your gifts. They sound fab!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............