Thursday, August 13, 2009

ostentatious and obsolete.

Pierce was so excited for his first day of preschool
(and yes we did find his missing shoe)

he marched out to the front yard to wait for the bus
he waited around looking at ants.

When the bus came, he wasn't so sure about going.
i was trying to get pictures, and he hesitated.
i think i took a minute too long to help him to the bus because he hightailed it back into the house and i carried him back out and tried to put him on the bus.



the eyes say it all. poor kid was scared to ride the bus alone


we were making the route late,
he was so sad it was breaking my heart
so , i drove him in my bus.

where he didn't cry, but he wasn't all smiles anymore.

when we got there it was play time.

and he happily walked away with his teacher.

He walked away! from me? he doesn't need me?

I stayed for a little bit just to make sure he didn't freak out.

but he was FINE. he played happily.

I'm obsolete.

my baby doesn't need me.


I thought I'd be so happy with my freedom

but i have to admit i was kind of at a loss for what to do.

(i mean if i had money to spend it would have been way more enjoyable)

i was glad when a friend saw my FB status saying "I'm Free!" and invited me to brunch.


it made the couple hours he was gone pass quickly. and gave me something to focus on instead of worrying about how he was doing.


by the time i made it home he'd already beat me home and made it off the bus to dad.

and he was happy and singing and seemed like he had a great time.


maybe tomorrow he'll ride the bus all by himself.

or maybe he'll cry and want me to ride with him.

somehow if he does, i don't think i'll mind .


after some cuddles,

Pierce had lunch,

we played some soccer together in the kitchen,

then we went to Costco for a churro!


we got done just in time to pick up the other kids.

and they all said they had another great day!


~~

2nd day of school outfits for Hope

and Joy

the hubs and i both thought it was a little ostentatious to wear the over the top outfits 2 days in a row but this is what they wanted to wear.

Joy wants to wear another one tomorrow

but i'm thinking i'll steer her toward something else.

maybe.

i kinda love them myself!



post signature

© 2009 crazymamaof6

11 comments:

Carie said...

You know isn't it just the kicker that we can't wait to get rid of them, and then when we get to we don't know what to do with ourself!

Jen said...

I was like that with Gavin last year, I kinda didn't know what to do without him with me, but I got over it pretty quick. Seriously loving the orange and pink combo! Hope Pierce has a good day tomorrow!

Cecily R said...

Check back with me in a year and I will have the same sort of post. I am SURE (although at the moment I am wondering what the heck I am going to do with Evie all day long by myself in a week...she likes Isaac so much better than me). :)

CassiB said...

i'm so glad he had a good first day after getting there. love those girls in their puffy skirts, so cute!

Ruth Anne said...

This was a very nice heart-felt post. So real.

Life goes by so fast and then you hang on to the baby to try to slow it down.

He is getting big.

Piper said...

Pierce is so big! Glad he had a good first day, and with 2 shoes!

Janeen said...

That picture of him on the bus is so sad!!! I think I'm going to loose it when Sammy is gone all day every day! Three hours a day three times a week is just perfect! I'm so disappointed that they don't have half day kindergarten anymore.

onehm said...

Seriously I am so impressed that you can do it. :) I am pretty sure that I will DIE when Gigantor leaves me for school.

PS...Those outfits are darling.

Daisygirl said...

Seriously kinda teared about that post. Your youngest is such a cutie and reminds me of my 20 month old...A Lot!

Kathy B! said...

I'm so glad you took him in your bus :)

That first day of school is an oddly liberating, yet horrifying day :)

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Cheers to a Happy 1st Day of school! It's good to know Pierce got right in there and had him some fun :o)

and it sounds like your other kidlets had a great 1st day too!

Blessings & Aloha!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............