Sunday, October 11, 2009

The improper disposal of candy wrappers can lead to...

so after the wonder of G'ma's Halloween bash the kids horked down on candy all morning. by the time i emerged from my bedchamber, my previously spotless house was TRASHED.

with wrappers! UGH! these people! why can't the grasp the connection between litter and a filthy house !?!

so i asked them nicely to pick up.

then i reminded them of the task at hand.

and they i finally yelled at them.

and THEN...

I THREATENED TO TAKE AWAY TRICK OR TREATING!

yes i did.

oh and not only will they not go , they will dress up and parade around the front yard handing out candy to other people that do pick up their own wrappers, to really rub it in, i mean drive my point home.

yeah 'cuz i'm mean like that.

my logic came about like this... if they can't pick up the wrappers and take care of the trash from one little party, these people have no need of going trick or treating all around the hood on Halloween to come home and make more messes with candy they obviously don't deserve.

they picked them up right away. there may have been tears.

this threat will hang over their heads until the big night. it's almost better than threatening that santa won't be coming if they aren't good.


i'm pretty sure they will pick up anything i say for the next few weeks.


in other news, i have math homework due tonight. blec.

and i have class tuesday and Thursday even though it's fall break and everyone will be home from school. if i didn't just miss a week and a half, i'd ditch but i did, dang illness. oh well i could probably use a mandatory break from the kids for a few hours this week.


post signature

© 2009 crazymamaof6

8 comments:

Taralyn said...

ohhhhh I love your "no halloween" idea!!! I use things like that with my kids all the time!! Nice to know I am not the only Mom that is "mean like that" :)

Scrappy Girl said...

I am totally for the punishment fitting the crime! Absolutely. The other day Manga Dork was told to take a blanket that had chip crumbs on it out front and shake it off. I told her twice. She finally went and grabbed the blanket and dusted the crumbs in the floor and just left them. This kind of thing stresses me out...teens never listen...so I told her I was going to give her an item that was stressing me since she gave me an item to stress about...the playroom at my scrappy schoolhouse looks great now!...heehee

CassiB said...

love the punishment. i will have to borrow it! the santa won't come thing doesn't work because they will say
"well nana and papa will still get us something" i need to come up with some new tricks.

andrea said...

Good one. I'll remember that. I have e few of those wrapper dumpers at my house too. I hate it!

Leslie said...

Love your threat!! I may have to use that one!!

And a manditory break from the kids may be very nice!! I wish I had a good excuse to leave for a few hours!!

Janelle said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that threatens in that way!!

Chinny and Poom said...

You are awesome lady. So damn funny.

Mariah said...

Isn't that the joy of Halloween? Candy wrappers, you know, it's a sign of Halloween, but it's normal, here at our house, junk, junk, junk! Yadda Yadda... blah blah blah! Candy is healthy for ya! C'mon try some! LOL:)

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............