Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Please Pass the Cranberries...

today my mom and Little brother gary came by to make the cranberries .
real cranberries in the round fruit shaped form.

it's so easy a little kid can do it. (or help anyway)

Pierce helped.
(sorry they are camera phone pics again, it seems i've misplaced my camera)


Then Gary and Pierce finished it off.

Wanna make your own cranberries?


a bag of real cranberries.
two apples (seeds removed)
one Orange (skin too, but cut off the hard ends)
a cup of sugar

wash everything
cut into quarters
then chop in the food processor.
we pulsed it so it was still kinda chunky but not too chunky.

add the sugar to taste and let settle overnight.
(i should have taken an after picture, oh well)



Tada! fresh homemade cranberries for Thanksgiving dinner.


my mom always makes it, and my kids usally help.

I confess i've never eaten it.
i finally had a taste of it today and it was pretty delightful. will i have any on my plate tomorrow? we'll see.

but Pierce and Gary had a great time making it.

post signature

© 2009 crazymamaof6

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love cranberries at Thanksgiving...especially on turkey sandwiches the next day. This recipe looks delightful! Thanks for sharing!

Janeen said...

woops! That was me! Sorry.

Janeen said...

I mean me!Jeez!

Janelle said...

Sounds simple and yummy! Thanks for sharing. Cute pics too!

Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy!!

LazyCrazyMama said...

Mmmm. My husband's brother runs a cranberry marsh :) every year he brings us some fresh cranberries, but I don't think they've ever lasted until Thanksgiving ;)

tammy said...

I thought about making cranberries, but then I saw them already made at Fresh & Easy and that was even easier.

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............