Friday, December 25, 2009

She found herself wondering before lunch if it was too early to take down the tree?

Christmas! it's over! all the gearing up prep, expense and WHAM! it's over.

by 9:45 i was in a sleep deprived stupor wondering if it was too early to take down the tree before the lunch which took place at noon here with my family.

i considered it seriously even though no one had seen it this year yet.

i settled for playing lego rockband with my boys. while the hubs took a 3 hour nap.
i wanted a nap but with company coming i couldn't risk the house getting trashed while i slept and it always get's trashed when i nap.

Lunch was spectacular. everything was cooked to perfection today.

the kids had a blast running around with their cousins.

there are 28 grandkids on my side of the family 26 of them were running around my backyard and house while we enjoyed each other's company. FABULOUS! that's my favorite thing about christmas. when we do it here, sure there is prep for me to do, and no morning nap, BUT it's so relaxing to have the kids entertain themselves, limited worries other than falling off the wheel of death or trampoline. but really, it's FABULOUS!

i always say my backyard is a smorgasbord of fun. i should really invite people over to play more.

after a 3 hour lunch and chat. my family all left and i got a NAP! WHOOHOO! i slept until the hubs woke me up at 4:45 to go to his mom's house.

we had dinner and a white elephant exchange. adults, big kids over 8 and little kids under 8.

i won a scratcher that i THOUGHT was a $2 winner. when i cashed it in it was a $50 winner! heavenly day best surprise today! WHOOHOOOOOO! awesome. Thanks Shawn!

after the family shindig was over , we came home and i had the pleasure of digging through the trash from this morning to find 3 online codes for the girls dolls. no one else knew there was an online code and it seems they weren't noticed. i found them though, so all was right in the world again.

The kids had a Fabulous christmas. that's what really matters right? creating good memories. making them happy?

it's what i go for anyway.

Joy and Hope Loved their new christmas Pj's so much they refused to get dressed all day.

Joy exclaimed, "that's the magic of christmas, we don't have to get dressed." so Joy and hope ate lunch, played, ate dinner, played, partied and had a blast all day in their Pj's and even their sleep masks. pictures forthcoming. it's goofy as all get out. but kinda cute at the same time.

prepare yourselves for christmas picture overload. maybe tomorrow.



post signature

© 2009 crazymamaof6

6 comments:

Webb Family said...

Sounds like you guys had a wonderful day! I think Cody and Mike were the only ones at our house that got dressed.
Oh and I freak out every year that something will get tossed that shouldn't! One C-mas all my gifts were in one big box that some how ended up in the trash!
Glad you had a great day!

Audrey said...

If I didn't have people coming over I would have stayed in my pj's too. Your girls have the right idea! ;)

andrea said...

I came out this morning and want to take the tree down....it's starting to drop needles, and if I don't have my slippers on...ouch!

I had 2 kids that never dressed yesterday. 1 stayed in PJ's, the other put the dress-up dress she got for Christmas on first thing and wore it all day. She's already back in it again this morning.... :)

Rebecca Irvine said...

Couldn't have been much of a nap if they were there for 3 hours and then he woke you up at 4:45... But I am glad you had a great Christmas.

Rebecca Irvine said...

Couldn't have been much of a nap if they were there for 3 hours and then he woke you up at 4:45... But I am glad you had a great Christmas.

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. You picture was AMAZING!!!! I'm serious - my mouth dropped open when I saw it. I showed it to Pam today and her's dropped too. What we can't figure out is.....how in the world did you get all 6 kids looking AND smiling at the camera at the same time????? We are jealous beyond jealous!!!! Loved it - I mean really loved it!!! Did I say I loved it?

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............