Saturday, March 27, 2010

i don't stray from what i like.

confession (or realization)I can't branch out from my signature color scheme or i am dissatisfied. and have to try again.

today is my families annual Easter picnic. so yesterday i hit the store speedy fast between the morning assemblies and preschool bus drop off, and got outfits for the kids to wear. because as we all know, i like them to match. this year i did branch out and they are only coordinating.

but still. so i went with one blue polo for one boy, and lime green for another and the 3rd has both colors in a plaid button up or an argyle polo. k. sounds great right.

i couldn't find a dang thing for the girls to coordinate. the one item i liked didn't come in the right size. i had to go with a dress, because Hope hates pants.

anyway. i settled for a coordinating with the boys matching set of dresses for the 3 girls.

brought them home. went to lunch, and once the kids got home i had Hope try it on. and didn't love it.

at all. hated it.

so i hit another old navy. and found even less i liked. so i got my money back, and hit Ross, and found nothing. hit Marshal's and hit the jackpot, wanna know why?

I gave up on coordinating with the boy's color scheme and went back to my signature colors.

FRANKLY, I don't care if joy likes blue. she's wearing black and hot pink. just like Liberty, and Hope. seriously. can't let it go. EVER.

picked them out and now i'm THRILLED. i don't know why i was trying to branch out? it just doesn't make sense.

anyway. i'm sure i'll have pics and post them. i bet you can't wait.

pot luck food contribution of choice? BBQ baked beans.


post signature

© 2010 crazymamaof6

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey why fix it if it ain't broke, right?! :)

Rebecca Irvine said...

I can never get away from my favorite colors either--sometimes I try, but then am dissatisfied. So I don't think you are wrong for sticking with what works.

tammy said...

You're right. I can't wait for the pics.

Daisygirl said...

I agree don't stray from what you like!
I hope your picnic was fabulous! it must be so awesome to get together with all your fam!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............