Friday, January 7, 2011

Catching Up and Friday Confessional


it's been a whole week. who missed me? (I'm beginning to think no one did)

Crazy and exciting things have gone on in the last week, and then there is the everyday mundane real life that goes on around here too.

THEN, just for kicks and giggles I'm playing along with Mamarazzi's friday confessional linky party so you'll get a good mix of TMI, Confessions and a little dose of reality all mixed up and intermingled for today's delight.

New years eve-

(the background down low: we heard before the Holidays they hubs was getting a Job offer from a company in Houston, TX after the holidays. Just enough info to a. give us hope the year long unemployment was over but B. put enough of a damper on the holidays thinking this could be our last year close to both of our Families FOREVER, since taking that job meant relocating half way across the country and 3 months ago we couldn't fathom moving across town.)

So with that info looming, it was a kick in the pants enough that the hubs wanted to :
Host a New Years party at our house with his family .

(after 2 highly attended family parties in the month of December with my family, he really wanted to do this... even though i was my usual reluctant hostess self we moved forward)

the day before the party we started to suspect that his family was flaking out on coming over, so we quick invited my family for "reliable filler attendees".

(my family will come to anything, we don't like to miss a party, we come early and stay late.)

So at this party we had fireworks!

AZ just passed a law making them semi-legal to have certain types in certain cities.
we might have had the illegal variety too. (living on the edge? yup)

and boatloads of food.

and a fake new years toast with sparkling cider at 9:45.

Confession: it irritates me that his family never comes to our parties when invited. only one sister and her kids came.

the rest of the attendees were my 2 sisters with their families and mom and brother.

His family had a week notice, mine had one day. 'nuf said

Bright side? in all it was about 30 people (mostly kids) a great time was had by all. and in the end I didn't hate hostessing. (the hubs dealt with all the cleaning , i just helped with food shopping and prep.)

Confession: i don't like to mix friends and family. I don't like to mix families (his and mine), I don't like to mix friends , i keep my friends separate, fave friends, dancing friends, blog friends, bunko friends, church friends, school friends, old friends, new friends. I'm kind of weird about it, some fit into different groups and are the same people. but for the most part i keep them all separate. I worry about people feeling comfortable, or feel the need to make sure everyone is included and it puts a damper on my relaxing and conversation/fun.

along those lines,

ANOTHER CONFESSION:

i don't love being thrown into a situation where i'm the friend intermingling across groups.

some people really don't mind intermingling all their friends, and yes I've made some good friends being the one thrown into a new bunch of people, but in reality (the first time or first few times,) it really makes me uncomfortable, since I'm really kinda shy. which no one believes could be true of me.


Confession: i posted this as a status on FB last night-

Laid down the law: until this mama can escape from the discomfort #7 is dishing out, #'s 1-6 better get out of her face when she says it's bedtime or she just needs some space.

and then I yelled at them. they scattered like roaches and it was a stampede to bed. The hubs fully backed me up on this, he was tired of the hovering and noise, and it was past time for us to have some silence or adult conversation.

Confession: I thought i was only 6 months along. turns out 30 weeks means it's more like 8 months if you go by the whole 10 month schedule. DUH. I figure I have 8 weeks left. i'm ready to schedule this delivery.

CONFESSION: already 2011 is way better than 2010, the hubs had 3 job offers in 3 days. sure they were all in the works before the new year but they rolled in with the nitty gritty info this week.

best part- The one we are taking was more money, AND WE DON'T HAVE TO MOVE! HALLELUJAH!

seriously feeling relieved. the hubs starts on the 17th, he'll be traveling 50% and I'll be doing the whole single mother thing but still, WORTH IT!

Confession: I can't wait to hear what this company has to say about A. our family size, and B. about the baby due 6 weeks after the hubs starts his job.


Confession: I watched 5 episodes of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills YESTERDAY. all in a row. I'm totally hooked.


Ok so if you are a linky party hopper welcome, feel free to comment ( i confess now i might not come comment back or reciprocate, but maybe i will, you never know) , or you can follow me on FB. I confess crap there all the time.


Photobucket

post signature

© 2011 crazymamaof6

15 comments:

Rebecca Irvine said...

Congrats on the job offer and not having to move!!! Woohoo!! Glad you will still be around.

andrea said...

Congrats on the job! Yay! What a relief. Glad you don't have to worry about moving too.

And I missed you! I even had just left a comment on your last post giving you grief about no posts.

Hope that your last 8 weeks goes by quickly. Can't wait to see a pic of your baby.

elle said...

YAY for new jobs!

And we did miss you, we just are too lazy to make a fuss. Or maybe that's just me...

Kimm said...

:) Good news on all fronts! New job AND you don't have to move! I understand about the whole friends intermingling as well. I feel the same way!

Jamie said...

So happy for you that your hubby got a job and you don't have to move! I LOVE the Housewives of Beverly hills too!

Amy said...

I confess: I totally teared up when I read about hubby's job and the fact that you don't have to move...

I also confess: I don't mix and match friends either. I know that some personalities won't mesh and I'm not willing to deal with the drama!

tammy said...

Yay on the job and not having to move!! HUGE relief, I know. And also yay on being hooked on Housewives. We can discuss tonight!

Mamarazzi said...

ohh how i love you.

my family is kinda lame about making and keeping plans. it is ALWAYS a last minute decision on where a holiday will be celebrated etc. it always kind of makes me feel like that 16 yr old girl who has a friend that is hesitant to make plans juuuuust incase a better offer comes a long.

and it is LAME!

my friends never co mingle either. not sure why, i don't think it was a conscious decision but after reading your confession i am going to really think about it...cuz it may have been...hmm. maybe.

thanks for linking up, you are RAD.

EIGHT weeks...crazy!! i cannot wait for the baby to come!

Tracy said...

Yay. Glad your back and yay on the job offer. When you said move across country, I was secretly hoping it was in my neighborhood! people who won't commit are lame! I watch house wives show afew times, what a joke. They need to live in the real world. I wouldn't be freinds with them in real life, I'm not wasting my valueable TV time on them. Glad to hear from you.

Tracey said...

It sounds like a great new years. Great news about being farther along then you think. And great news about the job.

Melissa said...

Congratulations on the new job!!! That is really exciting news!

DEANNA said...

I AM THE EXACT SAME WAY ABOUT INTER-MIXING PEOPLE. I HAVE A HARD TIME HAVING NEIGHBORHOOD PEEPS WHO DO THE WHOLE "ALL DAY SUNDAY CHURCH" THING... MIXED WITH OUR COP FRIENDS WHO DO THE WHOLE... "ALL DAY DRINK A BEER" THING... SO WEHEN WE HAVE PARTIES THEY USUALLY FALL ON SUNDAY AND WE DON'T HAVE THE STRESS....... BUT WHEN THEY ARE ON SATURDAY OR FRIDAY... EECK GADS......

8 WEEKS TO YOUR NEW NAME CHANGE!!!
WILL IT BE CRAZYMOMMAOF7 OR SOMETHING LIKE.. BEYOND NUTS NOW? HEHEHEHE POST SOME PICS OF YOUR HOTNESS WITH YOUR BUN IN THE OVEN. I LOVE YOUR BLACK AND WHITE ONE YOU PUT ON FACEBOOK!!!

AND I CAN'T DO CONFESSIONS... I MAY GET HIT BY LIGHTNING... HAHAHAH

Forgetfulone said...

Woo hooo on the job!! Sounds like it's been a nail-biting time. Your NYE party looks fun!

queenbee4 said...

i love the housewives. New Jersey is my fav. do NOT mess with a jersey girl unless you ain't afraid of gettin' a table thrown at you. that is what I'm talkin' about, right there.


And I missed you. I might not always comment, but I'm a stalker at heart.

jayna said...

total congrats on the job offer AND the fact that you don't have to move!! yay!! new years party looked like it was a hoot! glad 2011 is already better!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............