Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas Cookies and holiday shopping style-WWTKW

Photobucket



Did you know Christmas is 3 weeks away from Sunday? Not the one coming up. The one that just happened.

I'm in a panic but in the mean time I have a cookie exchange. Gasp! I have to come up with 12 dozen baked delights.

{1} What is your favorite cookie to eat?
{2} Have you ever done a cookie exchange?
{3} How are you doing on your holiday shopping?
{4} What is your holiday shopping style? (A little at a time, or power shopper? Early in the season or last minute? Online or part of the crowd?)
And a random seasonal 3 part question...
{5} Light displays...do you put them on your house? What is your style and your fave kind to see?

______________________________

here are my answers...

{1} What is your favorite cookie to eat? i have to pick just one? hmmm. my chocolate chip cookie recipe is the BOMB. i also heart Molasses and Russian tea balls. Oh and spritz. all delightful. some are more labor intensive than others.

{2} Have you ever done a cookie exchange? I'm a cookie exchange virgin! Thursday night is my first one. baking 12 dozen cookies is daunting.

{3} How are you doing on your holiday shopping? oh geeze! I've started but holy crap, this is when having 7 kids is painful. I have more to get but the budget is lacking.

{4} What is your holiday shopping style? (A little at a time, or power shopper? Early in the season or last minute? Online or part of the crowd?)

I start my major shopping and get the bulk of it done on black Friday, so that's a power shopper. the money flows like water as soon as i step foot in a store.
I'm an in store girl. I rarely buy anything online.


And a random seasonal 3 part question...
{5} Light displays...do you put them on your house? What is your style and your fave kind to see?
so far we have no lights up, and my pre-lit garlands don't light now, so i'll be lucky if i get one up over the front door.

i LOVE really well done displays (perfectly spaced and tasteful)

and

super tacky ones(over the top, griswald style a hundred light up statues in the yard or on the roof lights on every inch, brighter than daylight displays).

also

the sight of a string of lights stringing from the corner of the house to a tree 5 feet away in the yard (we call it "a stringer") brings a certain gladness to my heart.

equal glee can be had at the sight of a random line of lights dangling from the eaves to empty space (thus named "the dangler").

delightful.

well peeps, link up. tell me about your fave cookie and your shopping and lighting display preferences.

All posts for We Want to Know should include:
1. The darling WWTK button
2. A link to your co hosts Mamarazzi, Queso and Crazymama
Links must lead to WWTK posts that contain the WWTK button. Posts should lead to Family Friendly blogs. Blogs containing explicit language and/or sexually explicit content should contain an "adult content warning", or risk being removed from the link list. Kthanks!









post signature

© 2011 crazymamaof6

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's a certain charm to the really tacky houses; maybe I admire them for going there at all, you know?

Ricki Treleaven said...

LOL your answers are too cute! I hope you enjoy your first cookie exchange. They are so much dang fun! I am impressed you can handle Black Friday. I wimp out every year, and I am more of a Cyber Monday shop in my jammies girl.

Merry Christmas!
xoxoxoox,
Ricki Jill

Katie said...

LOL I love your love of the tacky houses :) The only thing that terrifies me is those blowup creatures that look like they all died in the morning when they are deflated. They are a little creepy to me for some reason!

VandyJ said...

My father-in-law loves to decorate for Christmas and he goes all out when he can.

K Lind said...

Have fun at your first cookie exchange! I love your descriptions of different decorating "styles." :-)

Jill said...

Oh my...I never thought about what it would be like to buy for 7 kids at Christmas until right now...and I think I can understand the stress! Wow!!

I do love a Griswald kind of Christmas light display, too...just not on my own house! LOL

Beth W said...

Heyas! Just FYI, the code for the pic/link is broken. If you can fix it, I can email you what the code should be (Blogger isn't letting me post it in the comments)
Thanks!

Andrea said...

I LOVE the totally lit up houses at Christmas! I wish ours could be seen from the sky and music linked with the blinking lights, but nope. Not ours. I'll have to admire those ones on youtube. haha

Our family usually trades treats on Christmas Eve at our family get-together. I did a cookie exchange for church once. It was fun! Hope you got some good cookies in your exchange!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............